Diablo® III

The economy won't make it if we can't trade.

The problem that I see is that it further alienates players from interacting thus making what's suppose to be a social game yet more anti social. D2 so had much to do for friends to join each other games and do together, D3 took all of that and threw it out window and is now threatening to make it even worse, shame on you Blizzard.
Reply Quote
if GOOD items drop i feel there will be no need for tradeing its like in D2 i found a pul rune and traded it for a full set if immortal kings yea the game got boring fast after that same thing in D3
Reply Quote
Lol, the BoA dudes don't exactly care about economy.

All they want is "monkey pull lever, monkey get shiney!" mindless "gameplay"!

You can spin it anyway you want to and be upset about it. Please explain to me why it's a bad thing to play a game and get loot for my time spent in the game? Oh btw I give away gear to my RL friends in game as well.

BTW Mindless gameplay is what makes Diablo 3 so likeable. Some days I have 15 -30 minutes and I just want to bust some demon heads and I can do that with little to no thought.
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 10:46 PMPosted by coffite
if GOOD items drop i feel there will be no need for tradeing its like in D2 i found a pul rune and traded it for a full set if immortal kings yea the game got boring fast after that same thing in D3

Items won't be GOOD or truly LEGENDARY, because for them to be such, there is a requirement that they have drop rates of dropping maybe once in a few years of farming.
Reply Quote
Lol, the BoA dudes don't exactly care about economy.

You can spin it anyway you want to and be upset about it. Please explain to me why it's a bad thing to play a game and get loot for my time spent in the game? Oh btw I give away gear to my RL friends in game as well.

BTW Mindless gameplay is what makes Diablo 3 so likeable. Some days I have 15 -30 minutes and I just want to bust some demon heads and I can do that with little to no thought.

You can do all that perfectly without any items being BoA.
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 10:35 PMPosted by RoadRatt
The problem that I see is that it further alienates players from interacting thus making what's suppose to be a social game yet more anti social. D2 so had much to do for friends to join each other games and do together, D3 took all of that and threw it out window and is now threatening to make it even worse, shame on you Blizzard.

D2 you had to type /friends to even see who was on. Now you login and it shows your friends in little punch outs on the side that you can click on and join them instantly if there is room in the game and it's not paused.

Not to mention you have a huge list of previously played with players and your complete friends list and you can tell when they last logged in and look at their whole profile. As I see it D3 has made a massive improvement over D2. I am keeping in mind new technology has assisted this process, but it's still better.
Reply Quote

You can do all that perfectly without any items being BoA.

I agree I can, however I don't see what the big deal with having a small precentage of the top end gear being BOA? I understand some people think it may affect trading, I don't see how it's all that harmful.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 12:45 AMPosted by Visionhero
small precentage of the top end gear being BOA

100% is small percentage?
Reply Quote
View profile
11/15/2013 10:35 PMPosted by RoadRatt
The problem that I see is that it further alienates players from interacting thus making what's suppose to be a social game yet more anti social.

If you want to be social, just be social. Why do you need to bribe people into talking with you by offering the gear? What exactly is it about Diablo players that you believe makes it impossible for us to socialize with each other without that carrot?
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 09:00 PMPosted by LazyNCrazy
As it stands currently all Legendary / Sets will be BoA.
Source on that.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 02:12 AMPosted by Pakalika
Source on that.

It's true.

Sure it is. Source please.
Reply Quote
Flux: To clarify, all legendaries are Account Bound now?
Travis Day: Yes.
Reply Quote

It's true.

Sure it is. Source please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrS_th5AI00

12:05
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Dàrkseid
If everything is going to be BOA that would make gold the main currency.

This will not be the case.

11/15/2013 09:51 PMPosted by Darlynn

No they just want a hope to get good gear without either trading or playing 10 times more than the ones that trade. Speaking of mindless "gameplay", if the trading is the only activities that require thinking, we have a mindless "gameplay". I would prefer a more tactical gameplay, than a spam buttons with a terrible drop rate to acquire gear to sell. I prefer monsters that resist more and give better gears.
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 10:54 PMPosted by Darlynn
Items won't be GOOD or truly LEGENDARY, because for them to be such, there is a requirement that they have drop rates of dropping maybe once in a few years of farming.

You describe items that cannot be obtainable without trading (for most players). This a heaven for botters, and the hell for self found player. Perfect rolls item should be like that. But they should not be needed to play only for people that want to be the stronger. This gives them an objectives without making the game impossible for others.
Reply Quote
Who cares about the economy.

This is a game, and not real life.

Agree
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Dàrkseid
If everything is going to be BOA that would make gold the main currency. Bots will once again ruin any value gold has. They can't be stopped. In every online game they have a huge presence.. Especially with Blizzard games.

Not everything is going to be BoA, just BiS items(legendaries and set items).
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 01:03 AMPosted by sigi
100% is small percentage?

100% legendaries not 100% items or even 100% end game items.

If 100% legendaries means 100% end game items then end game gears will be full legendaries and rares will be useless. Pleased give a use for the white and blue items but make sure yellow will be useless...

Legendaries will be wanted for a game changing affix. if such affix only works for one skill or a few skills, we won't all want the same legendaries or we won't have any build diversity and class balance. This is not something I want. And it may be not possible to find 12 legendaries adapted to a build. This means we will need rares. Rares will have one more useful affix than a legendary that don't have a game changing affix working for a specific build. So for some builds the better helmet will be a legendary and for others a rare. I think this is better if all players don't need the same stuff.
Edited by holce#2777 on 11/16/2013 3:45 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]