Diablo® III

The economy won't make it if we can't trade.

11/16/2013 03:32 AMPosted by holce
Items won't be GOOD or truly LEGENDARY, because for them to be such, there is a requirement that they have drop rates of dropping maybe once in a few years of farming.

You describe items that cannot be obtainable without trading (for most players). This a heaven for botters, and the hell for self found player. Perfect rolls item should be like that. But they should not be needed to play only for people that want to be the stronger. This gives them an objectives without making the game impossible for others.

Lol, typical. 'Should not be needed to play" --- THEY AREN'T NECESSARY. I bet you have a hard time with that neighbor who just got that Ferrari.

The game as it stands is tuned a bit too tight, but its on the order of epic. What BoA kiddies want is a 40 hour path to the best items in the game, nothing near epic..

Welcome to hell?
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Dàrkseid
If everything is going to be BOA that would make gold the main currency. Bots will once again ruin any value gold has. They can't be stopped. In every online game they have a huge presence.. Especially with Blizzard games.

What are you trading gold for when the best gear and gems are BoA?

How is making gold worthless in a BoA game any worse than botters manipulating the gold economy in an open trade game?
Reply Quote
Its a game many paid over €60 for therefore, lots of people that play the game would expect it to be decent, even after a year
Reply Quote
Lol, typical. 'Should not be needed to play" --- THEY AREN'T NECESSARY. I bet you have a hard time with that neighbor who just got that Ferrari.

I have no car because I don't need any. I really don't care if people have a Ferrari. Those are not needed. If I need a car, I can buy a lot of usable car beside Ferrari. But to play specific build you may need specific legendaries. All I want is having a good enough access to decent rolls legendaries. That make the build possible to use even if you can't do the stronger difficulties. So having a perfectly rolls items is not necessary, this is just luxury. This also makes possible to grind for the higher difficulties. We should need time to be able to play the higher difficulties, but not to be able to have access to more than half the gameplay.

Casual versus hard core player should be about difficulty levels and not build diversity. And because legendaries will be part of the build diversity making them too difficult to get mean reducing build diversity too much for casual.

The game as it stands is tuned a bit too tight, but its on the order of epic. What BoA kiddies want is a 40 hour path to the best items in the game, nothing near epic..

"Not wanting a 5000 hours path or trading" is not "wanted a 40 hours path".
Reply Quote
agreed
i dont want binding..it takes all the fun out of it
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 01:03 AMPosted by sigi
small precentage of the top end gear being BOA

100% is small percentage?

Your just wrong with that quote. The Dev team has stated multiple times that it will only be the top tier items that are BOA. That's far from 100%. Check your facts.
Reply Quote

Sure it is. Source please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrS_th5AI00

12:05

WTF! Who, in their right mind would bind an Ivory Tower to an account?!? Why would you do that? Why was I told account bound items would only be best-in-slot items? Is an Ivor... guhhh. Why?!
Edited by Vresiberba#2940 on 11/16/2013 5:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 05:02 AMPosted by Visionhero
Your just wrong with that quote. The Dev team has stated multiple times that it will only be the top tier items that are BOA. That's far from 100%. Check your facts.

Now I'm confused. Are all Legendary items 'top tier'? If not, then someone around here is wrong.
Reply Quote
Now I'm confused. Are all Legendary items 'top tier'? If not, then someone around here is wrong.

Even if all legendary items are top tier, if they are not the only top tier items, making them BoA does not make impossible to trade top tier items.

What is important is the place of rare items. Can they be BiS. If this is the case like I think, all legendaries being BoA does not mean all top tier items being BoA.
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 08:42 PMPosted by Dàrkseid
Because people like to accumulate wealth in video games. You're right it's not real life.
They can farm for gold as long as they like! :) Try it some time. The money/gold making economy is basically all gone come March. :)
Hooah!
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 05:13 AMPosted by Vresiberba

All legendaries and set items will be boa. Let's say rares are not completely useless but bis rares are crafted and crafted rares are boa so that totals to 100% of bis items are boa.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 05:23 AMPosted by holce
Even if all legendary items are top tier, if they are not the only top tier items, making them BoA does not make impossible to trade top tier items.

That makes absolutely no sense at all. The entire point of having BoA items in the first place is to prevent people from acquiring them outside of actual gameplay. If tradable items then are better than BoA items, what's the point of binding items to players' accounts in the first place.

Something is obviously amiss here, because I can't think of one, ONE single reason to bind an Ivory Shield to an account. I just don't. I can however see the point in binding BiS items, I can't say I agree with it, but not all Legendary items are BiS. Not even close. The very notion is preposterous.
Edited by Vresiberba#2940 on 11/16/2013 5:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
11/15/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Dàrkseid
If everything is going to be BOA that would make gold the main currency. Bots will once again ruin any value gold has. They can't be stopped. In every online game they have a huge presence.. Especially with Blizzard games.

Umm, you do realize if bots were allowed to trade freely we would be flooded with high end gear for bazillions of gold which would make gold as worthless as it is now. It would take about 5000 hours to farm enough gold to buy one 2b item from the AH. At least without trading, everyone is on even ground and not forced to spend real money on pixels to keep up with the CC warriors.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 05:39 AMPosted by Vresiberba
That makes absolutely no sense at all. The entire point of having BoA items in the first place is to prevent people from acquiring them outside of actual gameplay. If tradable items then are better than BoA items, what's the point of binding items to players' accounts in the first place.

For rare item you have trading or mystic (make them BoA). Because you have an alternative to trading making them trade able is not a big incentive to use trading. But legendary affix won't be obtainable with the mystic. For those affixes, there is no alternative to trading. Legendaries might have to be BoA because of that. I don't want BoA to stop trading but only to limit trading to items that may be acquired with an alternative to trading. This is the case for rares even if they are BiS.

Rare items are row power and legendary are builds diversity. The fact you can buy your way to a more difficult level is not as bad than the fact you can buy build diversity or gameplay possibilities.
Edited by holce#2777 on 11/16/2013 5:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
What economy? There is no economy without AH.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/16/2013 05:55 AMPosted by StuRedman

I really don't think you believe that
Or lets just say I hope you dont
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 05:51 AMPosted by holce

For rare item you have trading or mystic (make them BoA). Because you have an alternative to trading making them trade able is not a big incentive to use trading. But legendary affix won't be obtainable with the mystic. For those affixes, there is no alternative to trading. Legendaries might have to be BoA because of that. I don't want BoA to stop trading but only to limit trading to items that may be acquired with an alternative to trading. This is the case for rares even if they are BiS.

Rare items are row power and legendary are builds diversity. The fact you can buy your way to a more difficult level is not as bad than the fact you can buy build diversity or gameplay possibilities.

I... I'm sorry, but I can't make heads or tails of what you're talking about. There's obviously a language... hm, irritation here somewhere.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 05:55 AMPosted by StuRedman

Does Path of Exile have an economy? I could go on here, but, really...
Reply Quote
With BoA there is no effective Economy!

Or not as players tend to see a in-game Economy anyway. Gold is going to be the only form of currency and its only affected by crafting and fixing your gear thats damaged.

Edit: lets not forget that even crafting mats are going to be BoA. So we cant even buy mats with our gold.
Edited by HoosierDaddy#1827 on 11/16/2013 7:38 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]