Diablo® III

The economy won't make it if we can't trade.

ALL legendaries and set items will be boa, no matter the rolls on them. Yellows will not be BIS, however....that is all based on perspective.
With the scale of possible affixes because of the RNG, chances of finding a full set of leg's with the affixes you want will take a LONG time.
A bad one but just an example. Say you want to build a barb around the new avalanche skill. You just have a bis chest drop with a ton of +dmg or radius avalanche. You may want to trade for some yellows that have more of the avalanche skill to them. You will have to FIND any supplementing leg's for the build but you can still trade for or buy yellows off another person.
This still promotes trade, however it keeps the market relative with prices etc because there wont be a market for actual BIS items, this means no hoarding flipping or 3rd party with all the best gear forcing a p2w issue.
Reply Quote

As it stands currently all Legendary / Sets will be BoA.

Yep. And the rest (99% or more) will be tradeable.

yep, any item that has no value will be tradeable. Its only the items that others would want that are boa. Is this working? sure it is!
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 08:44 PMPosted by jimmysmitty
But then it kills the community and the feeling that what you got was really valuable. If it drops and its BoA but its epic, who cares? There is no value to put on it.

Epeen extension problem???
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 07:34 AMPosted by HoosierDaddy
With BoA there is no effective Economy!

Ugh. Since your statement is absolute, you need to define both Economy as well as BoA. Once you done that, you need to provide certain inclusions of these definitions into the, yet to be determined, future game. Then you need to make it fly.

Do that, then we can talk.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Vresiberba
Then you need to make it fly.

WTF, feed it RED BULL?
Reply Quote
That's exactly what I mean. Thank you for supporting the removal of the AH's, sir!

Also, trade is still going to be able to happen for 99% of the items. Don't panic :)

How do you type all that nonsense Otis and fail to realize you're a moron? How will trade continue 99% of the time when most if not all good items can't be traded and even if they can be traded it is tedious to find some one who is even interested?
Reply Quote
The economy never made it OP...
Diablo games economy was always a disaster it this format.

So those days are over, it time to change an this decision is a good start- BOA top tier items and crafts.
IMO BOT is a good tradeoff.
Reply Quote
The idea is that the economy won't undermine gameplay.

Still hard to grasp?
Reply Quote
Lol, the BoA dudes don't exactly care about economy.

All they want is "monkey pull lever, monkey get shiney!" mindless "gameplay"!

How is the monkey bit any different from what you have now?
Reply Quote
Lol, the BoA dudes don't exactly care about economy.

All they want is "monkey pull lever, monkey get shiney!" mindless "gameplay"!

How is the monkey bit any different from what you have now?

I'm trying to understand this as well?
Reply Quote

Nobody is as bad as you otis..... you are the one percentile on the other end of the spectrum. Y have to remember, 99 percent of the people that play have access to loot you don't.

It may be true that I may be the absolute worst. However, this isn't about me, it's about Diablo 3 and what's best for it in the long run.

Whats best is a matter of perspective and the only perspective that matters are those that are in charge, Actizard and its minion Josh, and for this very reason I fear for the Diablo franchise.
Edited by Asglarek#1271 on 11/16/2013 11:27 AM PST
Reply Quote

Still hard to grasp?

Loot 2.0 is not undermining gameplay? New gamers mindset is mindbloggeling must be the product of the OCD, ADHTD pandemic generation.
Reply Quote
TLDR: BoA is probably not that bad, if you use an item and mod it that is probably BoA... Lets talk about skills, build diversity, automatic match making, and lots of other random things that matter more then

You know I was thinking about this, you are all assuming the worst, I don't think everything is going to be BoA. Let's say you find a legendary item, as found it can be traded, maybe what the enchanter can mod on it can be added to the trade description. Now if you actually change a value, it is bound. If you customize it's appearance it is bound. Possibly even if you equip it, it will become bound, though the latter sounds like over doing the BoA and I don't think that will be how they handle it. The best stuff is bound, because it has to be personalized to be the best for you're character. And please for the love of all that is holy make every Chance to Fear affix replaceable with ANYTHING, I would take an elemental resistance>Fear any day, Echoing Fury is the worst most popular 1h weapon every conceived.

I don't necessarily think they would destroy trading by making every legendary you find auto-BoP or BoE. That is clearly a mistake in everyone's eyes, so take some chill pills. The real concern here should be affix improvement to push build diversity to higher levels. I only change skills on my Monk, Barb, and Witch Doctor when I get bored. But the truth is it's all downgrading my characters if I do. If you are a barb not using sprint/WW/Rend/HotA, it's practically doing it wrong. Monk without Dash Strike/EP/Bells/Cyclone, and the spirit gen strikes, much weaker, I laugh at people with teleport punch for there auto attack, and that is most of them... Witch Doctor without Slam Dance/Bears/Spirit Harvest/Acid Rain, nigh worthless. And minions... hah minions, why even have them. There barely good tanks, and useless for any significant damage. The only reason I use circle of life and the AoE snare, is for health globe chance for keeping 5x gruesome feast up to go with harvest, dogs are just a side effect. And that does NOT mean take the easy way out and nerf these builds. It means make the rest more interesting, via items or skill improvements.

Don't really enjoy the Wizard and Demon Hunter myself, have always been a Paladin/Barbarian guy myself... Though Wormhole/Freeze CM Wizard seems to be miles better then any other build to me from my limited experience, I might play them when we have Adventure Mode! DH seems to resource starved in high MP to be any fun, though I am sure it has a best build that most good players use as well, I see that yellow rapid fire a lot, I dunno... Penalizing a class with -30% Damage Reduction is silly, this game is not an MMO, It's hardly an RPG, there is no Trinity Tank/Heal/DPS. So do not treat classes like they are squishy DPS with Tanking/Healing not working in any capacity... I hate having those elements bleed into a bunch of games just because you level up a character.

Oh and let us set a player limit on our pubs... I like running duos, it just runs better, and since all my friends mostly quit... Yeah, I miss browsing games, I hate automated match making. It's ruins so many games, and prevents me from choosing a regular server/player base to play with.

Looking back, all you one line cry babies add nothing to the thread, just pages... If you are goin to say something make sure it's worth taking the time to say, or write, some smart !@# will probably point that out... Most of you are just patting each other on the back or slapping someone else in the face. You don't even justify using the term economy for a game, has OP even given a good reason for his thread title? You do know Gold already has very little value anyway right? It takes so much more wealth then what you find from playing to buy good items... I think a lot of you want to make real money still, to those of you with that attitude... Gtfo my Video Game, go play Second Life, EVE, or that crappy Calypso game. Video Game Profiteering is the only reason I endorse BoA, it just makes a game nasty to me looking at everything like I'm paying out of my pocket and not in the game.

I do not endorse Monthly Fee's+Expansion costs, or Pay2Win, we subscribe for a flow of well made content, not just the right to play and get locked out 360$ later for not paying another 40$ for an expansion! You guys set a bad example with World of Warcraft, I'm glad Rift is showing you guys how it should be done! And yeah Pay2win... I just always like Play2Win way better, saying I payed to win just makes me feel dirty. RMAH really ruined this game, I think the Gold Auction House was just fine. It was the exploiters that found ways to flip there earned 1-5m into 200m-500m+ and raised the gold ceiling to top of the tower that ruined everything for everyone... Bunch of douche bags... Just because you can don't mean you should ya morons, you hurt the game for everyone just for yourself, and thought nothing of it, when you play with hundreds of thousands of people that matter too, so damn selfish.
Reply Quote
We need to make this game is good as possible. This is a changing proccess for us the customers, and the blizzard team.

I agree with the emphasis on trading in games.

This might not be real life, but we need to be as positive as we can with this game. So it can be the best diablo game possible.
Reply Quote

Still hard to grasp?

Loot 2.0 is not undermining gameplay? New gamers mindset is mindbloggeling must be the product of the OCD, ADHTD pandemic generation.

I said the "economy" undermines gameplay not Loot 2.0.

Your assumptions are also completely irrelevant, please try again.

It may be true that I may be the absolute worst. However, this isn't about me, it's about Diablo 3 and what's best for it in the long run.

Whats best is a matter of perspective and the only perspective that matters are those that are in charge, Actizard and its minion Josh, and for this very reason I fear for the Diablo franchise.

DIII was already the biggest disappointment, it can't possibly get worse in my opinion.
Edited by familia#1746 on 11/16/2013 1:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 11:50 AMPosted by Razgries
TLDR: BoA is probably not that bad, if you use an item and mod it that is probably BoA... Lets talk about skills, build diversity, automatic match making, and lots of other random things that matter more then

I only quote this, because I didn't want to repeat your wall of text, which basically boils down to;

"My opinion of the game is the right one, any who doesn't agree, sux"

??
Reply Quote

I said the "economy" undermines gameplay not Loot 2.0.

Your assumptions are also completely irrelevant, please try again.

DIII was already the biggest disappointment, it can't possibly get worse in my opinion.
Reply Quote
Who cares about the economy.

This is a game, and not real life.

Because people like to accumulate wealth in video games. You're right it's not real life

Thank god. The "economy" going away is what we need more than anything.
Reply Quote
The removal of the AH and the BOA actually makes it a lot more difficult for botters. They can't sell things easily and to as wide an audience as they could before, and the items they pick up they can't sell through grey markets. All they can sell is gold.
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 09:51 PMPosted by Darlynn
he BoA dudes don't exactly care about economy.
I had to think about this, (yes i now have a headache) But you know what? you are right! I really don't care too much for a virtual game economy. Why? Because it dose not affect my real world economy.
Now if a persons sole concern is a games economy, Don't you think people may wonder why?
The game economy is so vital to you?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]