Diablo® III

How does BOA help the me as a player?

Because you will;
1. No longer be spammed with dozens of 'friend requests' to buy BiS(now BOA) gear from botters.
2. ALL channel won't be swamped with trade spam from botters.
3. Scammers will also have the above same problems.
4. BOA means much less reason to hack you account for gear.
5. Too many other to list.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out what hurts botters/scammers is in general GOOD for everyone else...

I don't know about this... In WoW, they basically completely devalued gold (other than for aesthetic items and such), but this did not stop gold spam.
Edited by Zero#1222 on 11/16/2013 8:58 AM PST
Reply Quote

Whatever you say, champ. Have fun farming them. ;)

I Never said I'm buying RoS and probably won't if it stays BoA and why would I farm rares when Legendaries will be dropping by the truck load?

Has no re-playability now, but RoS is looking to change that.

It already made the game more compelling for me and I think that's what Blizzard cares about most.

Entitled kids who demand access to endgame content will be forced to "play."

The game won't be any better in RoS than it is now you're just delusional and can't see the fact once you reach that critical break point there will be nothing at all to do.

You are pretty easy to please the content they are releasing for RoS is laughable and should have been in at release ++++. I mean when we are standing here looking at the expansion and it still lacks many features that they are obviously saving for expansion #2, you got to ask your self does Blizzard really care?
Reply Quote

Whatever you say, champ. Have fun farming them. ;)

I Never said I'm buying RoS and probably won't if it stays BoA and why would I farm rares when Legendaries will be dropping by the truck load?

Has no re-playability now, but RoS is looking to change that.

It already made the game more compelling for me and I think that's what Blizzard cares about most.

Entitled kids who demand access to endgame content will be forced to "play."

The game won't be any better in RoS than it is now you're just delusional and can't see the fact once you reach that critical break point there will be nothing at all to do.

You are pretty easy to please the content they are releasing for RoS is laughable and should have been in at release ++++. I mean when we are standing here looking at the expansion and it still lacks many features that they are obviously saving for expansion #2, you got to ask your self does Blizzard really care?

Your assumptions of me are completely irrelevant, thanks.

And why are you here if this is how you truly feel? Very contradicting.

Again, get your priorities straight.
Reply Quote
I have a question for the question:

Why bother playing a game with such a heavy RMT element? Why bother farming in a game where you can throw 10 bucks at a bot and get it right away? Why bother playing legit in a game where that CC warrior can so easily make a mockery of farming? Yeah you can argue "how does it impact me?" And pretend you live in a bubble, but eventually you'll realize that the economy is a joke, theres no point to legit farming and on principle alone you'll say "I'm going to find a game where playing legit is encouraged." And you know what? Maybe that attitude is one reason barely anyone touches this game, and one reason blizzard is going with BOA in the first place.

I myself wish boa didnt have to exist, I frankly hate the idea because I was looking forward to meeting people trading. But I hate p2w rmt as much as Ted Cruz hates obamacare, and if boa is a good solution, so be it.
Reply Quote

Right back at ya.

Because even though a lot of us are upset it's because we are compassionate about a product that we never got and still hope it might become what we expected it to be one day.

Thanks for being productive once again.

Nice job walking around the countless good arguments I made ciao.
Reply Quote

Right back at ya.

Because even though a lot of us are upset it's because we are compassionate about a product that we never got and still hope it might become what we expected it to be one day.

Thanks for being productive once again.

Nice job walking around the countless good arguments I made ciao.

I've yet to read any substance from you, let alone "arguments."
Reply Quote
View profile
The main reason is that they massively increase drop rates so you can find gear yourself. so playing the game is the best way to get gear. So we get rid of the 'action house' or 'trading house' tycoon that d3 currently is and get back to a real game.

so we can respect players who have good gear.

so we can make it fun again
Reply Quote
The main reason is that they massively increase drop rates so you can find gear yourself. so playing the game is the best way to get gear. So we get rid of the 'action house' or 'trading house' tycoon that d3 currently is and get back to a real game.

so we can respect players who have good gear.

so we can make it fun again

if you start to find great gear every run how long do you think it will be before you become bored of all the average drops you now find?

after a few months we wont respect good gear. It will all be the same - average gear. Back to square one. I know, buff dps again that should work, its worked for them every time so far and people are so stupid they swallow it.
Edited by VroOmM#1666 on 11/16/2013 11:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Where's the satisfaction in having a good item if everyone else can easily get it too?

Figure it out.
Reply Quote
Where's the satisfaction in having a good item if everyone else can easily get it too?

Figure it out.

It's just that. Pay to win players want to force everyone who want to be part of the club to buy their pass, otherwise they won't be allowed the gear.
Play to win players like it when you can actually play for the gear.
BoA will enable drops to be much better on an individual basis, meaning everyone will be entitled to be part of the endgame. Just as it should be.
Too bad(very good) the pay to win players won't have their special club anymore.
Reply Quote
I have no answer for you friend.

You will have to hope for a answer from a Blue I guess. But that will never come!

If you had asked " what is your favorite Pie" there would be 4-5 Blue's respond, but ya didnt you asked a question that we all want to know the answer to therefore there will be no answer!

Sorry man that's the way Blizzard see's fit to respond to the fan base these days!

Man couldn't have said it better. If you posted some stupid cosplay crap blues would be all over it. When you have a hundred thread about PVP? Ladders? BOA?!?!? The blues go into hiding, which I don't blame them because they probably don't have anything to say. With boa it comes down to one thing, this dev team like the last is going to tell the player base whats fun. The difference is the D3 name alone isnt going to sell 10 million copies. With any luck it tanks,and something gets done to address the frustrations the player base has been dealing with for over a year.
Reply Quote
Have we received any explanation as to how BOA is good for us as players?

...I notice the OPs question has not actually been answered....
Reply Quote

Figure it out.

It's just that. Pay to win players want to force everyone who want to be part of the club to buy their pass, otherwise they won't be allowed the gear.
BoA will enable drops to be much better on an individual basis, meaning everyone will be entitled to be part of the endgame. Just as it should be.
Too bad(very good) the pay to win players won't have their special club anymore.

This logic is flawed. No other action RPG has BOA how are they successful? D2, Sacred, POE, Titan Quest, Torchlight 2, the list goes on and on. They were successful because there ITEMIZATION works properly. Read my lips, IF loot 2.0 fixed itemization then you would not need BOA. Its that simple. The fact that the devs fell they need BOA, should show you that Loot 2.0 is not all its cracked up to be.

BOA isn't necessary nor desired, IF itemization works correctly. Its a band-aid.
Reply Quote

This logic is flawed. No other action RPG has BOA how are they successful? D2, Sacred, POE, Titan Quest, Torchlight 2, the list goes on and on. They were successful because there ITEMIZATION works properly. Read my lips, IF loot 2.0 fixed itemization then you would not need BOA. Its that simple. The fact that the devs fell they need BOA, should show you that Loot 2.0 is not all its cracked up to be.

BOA isn't necessary nor desired, IF itemization works correctly. Its a band-aid.

It isn't flawed. D2 was and is horrible regarding the pay 2 win.
Marvel heroes is looking at BoA. David Brevik who made D2 is the leader of that team.

BoA is necessary and it fits D3 perfectly.
Without it, trading will ALWAYS be the better method of gearing up.
What the devs are suggesting is a fine middleground where you have to farm for the BiS but can trade rares. The rares will still be good, just not have unique traits.
You will also be able to trade BoA legendarys within your current group.
It's all great steps forward in making the endgame accessible to everyone and a fair gaming enviroment.
Reply Quote

Figure it out.

I was wondering something.. how on earth did you guys get the idea buying this game in the first place? If pay to win (win what?) is such a huge problem for you and is ruining your gaming experience why did you even consider buying this game? For god sake it was announced with a $REAL$MONEY$AUCTION$HOUSE$, you knew what it would be like even before the release?? I just don't get it.. And please answer i would really like to know!

And then please answer the question: "how does BOA help the player?"
"being able to find you own upgrades" has nothing to do with BOA, that will happen to everyone in a proper loot system, especially if you choose to play self found, which i assume all you BOA lover will, with or with out BoA? Being able to trade makes no difference there..
Edited by Wulff#2855 on 11/16/2013 11:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Well you could look at BOA as a type of ladder reset in which all the gear above level 63 is what we all are achieving to find. Take away the possibility of buying gear off Rmah, Trading gear for real money and buying gold to exchange for gear and we find ourselves on a level playing field.

The poorest person in the world who dedicates his time calculating Gear, Skill combinations could outrank someone who drops 100's or 1000's of dollars.

Everyone will have to play the game to earn what they have.
Reply Quote
BoA make the game last longer since every new player will have the same progression curve to progress.

As the game ages, with free trade the progression curve is greatly reduced.
That also make it that nothing I find is of any real value, because it's easily attainable from others who have large stockpiles they're more than willing to part with for small profits.

There is no point in free trading in a game where there is no end to the items accumulated. Free trade only harm the core of the game which is to hunt items.
Reply Quote
If you look at it that way, just play self found? If trading shortens the game for you, and you already know that, just don't trade.. Why does that have to apply for every one?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]