Diablo® III

How does BOA help the me as a player?

@Wulff
I was wondering something.. how on earth did you guys get the idea buying this game in the first place? If pay to win (win what?) is such a huge problem for you and is ruining your gaming experience why did you even consider buying this game? For god sake it was announced with a $REAL$MONEY$AUCTION$HOUSE$, you knew what it would be like even before the release?? I just don't get it.. And please answer i would really like to know!

And then please answer the question: "how does BOA help the player?"
"being able to find you own upgrades" has nothing to do with BOA, that will happen to everyone in a proper loot system, especially if you choose to play self found, which i assume all you BOA lover will, with or with out BoA? Being able to trade makes no difference there..

This.

All the whiners who hate trading and support BoA, why you buy a game where is:
1) Auction house
2) Real money auction house
3) Free trading in game

Why buy a game if you don't like it?
Edited by Shark#1999 on 11/16/2013 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote

It's just that. Pay to win players want to force everyone who want to be part of the club to buy their pass, otherwise they won't be allowed the gear.
Play to win players like it when you can actually play for the gear.
BoA will enable drops to be much better on an individual basis, meaning everyone will be entitled to be part of the endgame. Just as it should be.
Too bad(very good) the pay to win players won't have their special club anymore.

I was wondering something.. how on earth did you guys get the idea buying this game in the first place? If pay to win (win what?) is such a huge problem for you and is ruining your gaming experience why did you even consider buying this game? For god sake it was announced with a $REAL$MONEY$AUCTION$HOUSE$, you knew what it would be like even before the release?? I just don't get it.. And please answer i would really like to know!

"being able to find you own upgrades" has nothing to do with BOA, that will happen to everyone in a proper loot system, especially if you choose to play self found, which i assume all you BOA lover will, with or with out BoA? Being able to trade makes no difference there..

I bought this game because I watched the trailers for years before it was released. Their was a lot of excitement about this game and so the excitement became so high that I made the preorder. I never heard of pay to win before I bought D3. It was announced with a RMAH which another first for me and I did not know how it was going to be.
Reply Quote

I bought this game because I watched the trailers for years before it was released. Their was a lot of excitement about this game and so the excitement became so high that I made the preorder. I never heard of pay to win before I bought D3. It was announced with a RMAH which another first for me and I did not know how it was going to be.

So because you didn't do you research and bought the "wrong" game you think its reasonable to speak for a change that would ruin the game for those of us who knew what we were buying?

I have never used the RMAH and I couldn't care less about people who do, thats one of the reasons i bought this game.. All i care about is a functioning loot system with as many possibilities as possible, playing self found, trading, playing hardcore.. I don't think thats unreasonable!
Reply Quote

So because you didn't do you research and bought the "wrong" game you think its reasonable to speak for a change that would ruin the game for those of us who knew what we were buying?

I have never used the RMAH and I couldn't care less about people who do, thats one of the reasons i bought this game.. All i care about is a functioning loot system with as many possibilities as possible, playing self found, trading, playing hardcore.. I don't think thats unreasonable!

I'm not speaking for anybody and yes I do have the right to speak.
I enjoyed the game so certainly it wasn't the wrong game.
Don't act like an elitist.
Reply Quote

I'm not speaking for anybody and yes I do have the right to speak.
I enjoyed the game so certainly it wasn't the wrong game.
Don't act like an elitist.

Of cause you have the right to speak, i just want you to think about what it is you are promoting, do you think it's reasonable?

11/16/2013 12:14 PMPosted by Nekar

Not his/her fault. What with all the bait-n-switch advertisement Blizzard has put out about this game. At release there was NO RMAH, NONE. Pre-release and even several months after release Blizzard was still advertising/promoting PVP. Just 2 of the dozens of bait-n-switch subjects that were ADVERTISED/promoted.

Does 'research" include predicting the future and what Blizzards views will include that day? Based upon D3 I wouldn't be surprised if new class/Act 5 was cut from ROS. "hey playa's, we have a slight balancing issue so these features are scheduled for a post release patch, coming soon, er no comment..." cycle PVP has enjoyed.

First of all RMAH got introduced to the game 1-2 months after the release but was announced before release. The thing with PvP is different it is something that isn't in the game, and i would never argue it shouldn't be in the game, because it was promised and some bought the game because of that, and i knew when i bought the game it would be there (eventually). And, when it comes, it will have no effect on me if i decide not to play PvP.
And yes i assume that if you can't stand the sight of a person who buys his/her items for $, and there is a $AH in the game that you can predict you won't enjoy the game.
Reply Quote
I have posted this question in a couple of BOA threads, but never got any response. Have we received any explanation as to how BOA is good for us as players?

Then you haven't been reading carefully enough, because I give this rant in every BoA thread. Blizzard bringing in BoA means that under their desired rate of gear progression, they have more leeway to see that better things drop for players from time to time, or players have control over crafting what they want, or some other thing.
Reply Quote
It was a well know fact that there would be a RMAH long before the release! Buying the game knowing the RMAH would be in it is getting what you paid for, buying the game thinking PvP would be in it (I agree, it was promised as well) and it's not, is not getting what you paid for. There is a difference!

Well i hope BOA would be one of those features that won't make it into the game then ;-)
Edited by Wulff#2855 on 11/16/2013 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just want to add this in. All you anti boa and all that, I keep seeing the same argument that people bought the wrong game. Well ya know what?! Its changing and all of a sudden its not how YOU want it so uh, same argument back at ya and guess what. The boa side won because that's what is happening.
The AH wasn't implemented as an investment vehicle , blizz stated this. Now that bunch of bad apples (bots, 3rd party, multiboxers, d3 tycoons) spoiled the bunch, there is nobody to blame but them.
Wanting boa isn't about us wanting all BIS handed to us, its about progression through a game and with the boa, blizzard can control this. If people move too quick, they can stem the flow of drops, if too slow they can increase it. From launch its been about bad drops and the pay to win etc creating a HUGE divide in the player base. Those of us that refused to put more $$$ into a game we already paid for and those with big bank accounts. Then it was those with big bank account s that whined they had nothing to do. Well you didn't play the game, you cheated(traditional thought) by paying your way to the top. NO successful game has ever done that. You couldn't buy super Mario bros and always start at 8-4 with 99 lives without cheating, that's what made it a great game, the pay to win crowd etc did just that then complained they had nothing to play for. Give it a rest, play the game or go play something else, THIS IS HOW IT IS, you don't "own the game" blizzard simply lets you play it. So again, back at you guys, you don't like it, leave cuz its coming and with all the ignorant rants about how bad blizz is, they will NOT listen to you.

To answer the OP, BOA doesn't really help us, it really is only to tide the bots and shortcut players. If you have ideas on how we could still trade and not leave the game open to exploits then hit one of the topics about possible solutions.
Reply Quote
BOA is great for players; it is the logical follow-through to removing the AH. For good or bad they are removing the AH. Now you can decide where you stand on that yourself.. me, I liked the AH and would prefer it to stay but I can see good arguments on each side.

So, one of the things legit players may not have understood is that all the botters\gold sellers\RMT folks are ecstatic about the AH going away. Long story short it means more money for them via greatly increased control over prices and also a larger market.

Just removing the AH without BOA would be a huge benefit to the wrong people. Further it doesn't really make sense as the same reasons for removing the AH also apply to BOA. If removing the AH is the right decision (and blizz clearly thinks it is) then BOA is also the right decision.

To date the arguments of the anti-BOA people are mostly all stupid. The garbage about freedoms and restrictions and rights is one of the dumbest I've seen. You have limited rights (read the ToS) and certainly don't have the right to dictate what changes blizz can make or what the rules of the game are. Games have rules and mechanics that define how the game can be played, they are all restrictions. If you don't like the rules in d3 then you are free to not play.

One of the problems with this discussion is that people posting have hidden agendas. Those against BOA could very well have their opinion because the change will negatively affect them financially. Consider that all of the botters\RMT\gold sellers and all of the 3rd party trade sites could potentially lose a lot of money. We aren't talking about small business here.. it would be naïve to think that those people never post.
Reply Quote
Just want to add this in. All you anti boa and all that, I keep seeing the same argument that people bought the wrong game. Well ya know what?! Its changing and all of a sudden its not how YOU want it so uh, same argument back at ya and guess what. The boa side won because that's what is happening.
The AH wasn't implemented as an investment vehicle , blizz stated this. Now that bunch of bad apples (bots, 3rd party, multiboxers, d3 tycoons) spoiled the bunch, there is nobody to blame but them.
Wanting boa isn't about us wanting all BIS handed to us, its about progression through a game and with the boa, blizzard can control this. If people move too quick, they can stem the flow of drops, if too slow they can increase it. From launch its been about bad drops and the pay to win etc creating a HUGE divide in the player base. Those of us that refused to put more $$$ into a game we already paid for and those with big bank accounts. Then it was those with big bank account s that whined they had nothing to do. Well you didn't play the game, you cheated(traditional thought) by paying your way to the top. NO successful game has ever done that. You couldn't buy super Mario bros and always start at 8-4 with 99 lives without cheating, that's what made it a great game, the pay to win crowd etc did just that then complained they had nothing to play for. Give it a rest, play the game or go play something else, THIS IS HOW IT IS, you don't "own the game" blizzard simply lets you play it. So again, back at you guys, you don't like it, leave cuz its coming and with all the ignorant rants about how bad blizz is, they will NOT listen to you.

To answer the OP, BOA doesn't really help us, it really is only to tide the bots and shortcut players. If you have ideas on how we could still trade and not leave the game open to exploits then hit one of the topics about possible solutions.

First of all, the thing with "the people who bought the wrong game" was just a response to those who said: "p2w newbz gets as they deserved ect.." and i don't think thats fair because it must have been clear to every one when they bought the game that there were gonna be people that would use $ for items, and if you can't stand that kind of people you should never have bought the game.

I want the game to be enjoyable for every one and i think that is possible with out BOA legendaries/set items! introducing BOA is just the easy way out for Blizzard and they should hear for that i think, but i still trust they can make this game work!

And that HUGE divide has and will never affected me, at least as long as there is no ladder. This game is all about doing what YOU find enjoyable, and if that is playing self found or with trading go ahead, there should be room for both kind of players. But if you can't do that because you know some where out there some one are trading and progressing faster, i think you are the one with the problem.

BOA is just going from one extreme to the other..
Edited by Wulff#2855 on 11/16/2013 1:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
BoA is necessary and it fits D3 perfectly.
Without it, trading will ALWAYS be the better method of gearing up.

+1
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Wulff

No. The BoA proposed will be balanced.
You will still be able to trade rares freely. Those rares will be able to roll very well.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Bombus

No. The BoA proposed will be balanced.
You will still be able to trade rares freely. Those rares will be able to roll very well.

Yes but because uniques/set will be build defining i will never be able to customize my char the way i want, if i want to make a trap DH i can only do so if i find the right items for that build.
If you want to rely completely on the random drops you can do so by playing self found, but i would like to trade and by that play the build i desire. Other then that, I enjoy trading.
Reply Quote
Blue items can also be traded and will be highly sought after.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 02:17 PMPosted by Nishi
Really? What's going to happen to Blue items to suddenly make them viable?
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 02:30 PMPosted by MIAbrahms

White items will also be viable, just to add to the confusion :)

I think the remark about Blue items, was in irony, and your's might be as well :))

But whites will be viable, for crafting mats in ROS.
Reply Quote
Mine was not, it was genuine confusion. I'm not keeping up that well with the expansion news and thought that there was something I actually missed.
Reply Quote

Perhaps they will have a purpose?
We'll see.

Something that comes to mind is the ability to roll them as yellows but leaving the affixes they had as a remaining trait.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]