Diablo® III

How does BOA help the me as a player?

11/16/2013 02:35 PMPosted by KingD
But whites will be viable, for crafting mats in ROS.

Perhaps. They'd have their place then.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Bombus
But whites will be viable, for crafting mats in ROS.

Perhaps. They'd have their place then.

Not perhaps. Already stated under Blizzcon.

"Puts on Tin-foil hat"

And knowing Blizzard South, they will over-react on people's pleads to either remove them or make them useful. They are not removing them, so they made them salvageable. Could be fun, if white items have one mat to salvage into, and only from whites, you could get this mat, which is used in all recipes....

"slight smile"
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Bombus
Really? What's going to happen to Blue items to suddenly make them viable?

Perhaps they will have a purpose?
We'll see.

Something that comes to mind is the ability to roll them as yellows but leaving the affixes they had as a remaining trait.
Eh, my first thought was that, if this was actually a thing, Magic items could still be limited to two affixes, (as opposed to Rare's 4-6) but the values of the affixes were double what Rare items could roll.

But my point was, people are talking as if it's already been announced that Blue items will be valuable as equipment, and thus viable to trade. As the game stands today, trading blue items makes as much sense to me as trading grey ones.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 02:41 PMPosted by KingD

Hmm, I thought you were refering to them being used as material for crafting.
As in, inheriting traits for the crafted item.

Didn't know they were salvagable though.
Could be boring if we have to collect everything all the time :|
Then again, we'll be capped on how much we can craft from the demonic essence, so if we needed to craft, we only have to collect a limited amount of material.

11/16/2013 02:47 PMPosted by MIAbrahms
Magic items could still be limited to two affixes, (as opposed to Rare's 4-6) but the values of the affixes were double what Rare items could roll.

Maybe.. It was kinda like that in d2.

11/16/2013 02:47 PMPosted by MIAbrahms
But my point was, people are talking as if it's already been announced that Blue items will be valuable as equipment, and thus viable to trade.

Dunno about that, seems farfetched. Maybe. :P
If they can have double power on affixes it may very well be viable for particular builds.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 07:57 AMPosted by Player
It means you don't need to constantly be scrolling through trade forums or trade spam channels in order to improve your characters. Also countless topics selling 50 unid mempos 150 unid lacunis etc etc are somewhat discouraging to legitamate players.

You're confused

Loot 2.0 will, supposedly, change the NEED to use trade forums, trade channels, AH, etc... to improve your character.

BoA will make it so that you CAN'T trade, for any reason, even if you wanted to.

Amazing how many scrub players there are that don't recognize the difference
Edited by jcroxxxx#1607 on 11/16/2013 3:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 02:41 PMPosted by KingD

On Blizzcons before release they showed a PvP

11/16/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Angst
Just want to add this in. All you anti boa and all that, I keep seeing the same argument that people bought the wrong game. Well ya know what?! Its changing and all of a sudden its not how YOU want it so uh, same argument back at ya and guess what.

Nope.
Free trade does not limit self found (with correct drop rates)
BoA enforces self-found and limits trade

BTW The word "Earning" in a computer game is at least funny. This is entertaiment not a second job
Reply Quote
How does BOA help the me as a player?

BoA means you don't have to waste time looking to trade up your character power progression, it leaves you more time to play

Since you can trade legends during the games they drop, there's incentive to play with others (BoA helps you contribute to community, you help build the community).

With other like minded people, public games will be vastly more popular than they are now because of BoA.

With more people playing, BoA will help with interacting and meeting more players along your journey.

BoA helps by taking the pressure off of feeling like you need to play at the highest difficulty through buying/selling.

BoA helps you when you are at the forums and you don't have to see trading sucks w/o AH! how can I trade now, all this spam sucks!, etc.

BoA helps because you don't have to be focused on trading for the best gear you can, ignoring everything in between (the journey). Now you can focus on the journey and you get there when you get there (BiS items).

But.. if you want all the best gear, yet you don't like playing, and when you do you want to skip to the hardest difficulty (solo), and be done with it, then maybe BoA won't help you much.
Reply Quote
View profile
Well, said Pereg. You really nailed it. :)
Reply Quote
BoA means you don't have to waste time looking to trade up your character power progression, it leaves you more time to play

Loot 2.0 is the update that is addressing this issue, not BoA. Besides... you don't HAVE to do that now and you wouldn't HAVE to do that if there was no BoA.

11/16/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Pereg
Since you can trade legends during the games they drop, there's incentive to play with others (BoA helps you contribute to community, you help build the community).

That works right up until the item that drops is for a class that isn't in the game. Add to that you can have a max of 3 friends playing with you which means this is detrimental to those of us who belong to clans or guilds comprised of dozens of players.

With other like minded people, public games will be vastly more popular than they are now because of BoA

Anyone who's put any amount of time into this game can attest to the fact that pubs suck. Very, very, very few will ever trade with a bunch of total strangers in a pub.

With more people playing, BoA will help with interacting and meeting more players along your journey.

This is just laughable.

BoA helps by taking the pressure off of feeling like you need to play at the highest difficulty through buying/selling.

Really?? the AHs are going away and pretty much everyone is happy for it. However, that's not going to change the fact that anyone that puts any amount of time into this game is going to want to be able to play at the highest difficulty level. BoA is not going to address this, loot 2.0 is.

BoA helps because you don't have to be focused on trading for the best gear you can, ignoring everything in between (the journey). Now you can focus on the journey and you get there when you get there (BiS items).

... and you HAVE to do that without BoA? You don't have any choice? I'll bet you any amount of money I can start a new character right now and no one is going to force me to trade.

But.. if you want all the best gear, yet you don't like playing, and when you do you want to skip to the hardest difficulty (solo), and be done with it, then maybe BoA won't help you much.

Oh really? Lets see... I have almost 3000 hours of play time and 150k+ elite kills. You, you have minimal play time and 20k elite kills... which one of us just wants the best gear without playing?
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 07:52 PMPosted by jcroxxxx

Loot 2.0 is the update that is addressing this issue, not BoA. Besides... you don't HAVE to do that now and you wouldn't HAVE to do that if there was no BoA.

You don't HAVE to take the car, you can walk instead. Sure it takes longer, but you still don't HAVE to take the car. Most will though, surprisingly.

Loot 2.0 comes with BoA btw. So buckle up, cause the BoA demon is coming for YOU!

That works right up until the item that drops is for a class that isn't in the game. Add to that you can have a max of 3 friends playing with you which means this is detrimental to those of us who belong to clans or guilds comprised of dozens of players.

Have you ever noticed how ALL players is able to have ANY character class?
That's right, it's not just you who has the ability to create alternative characters.

Complaining that the group size isn't large enough doesn't belong in the BoA debate. It's lenient enough to be able to trade among a group of 4. Even though I'd like a larger group as much as anyone else, blizzard feel that the size is good for this game.
How is it a PENALTY to clans not being able to freely trade? It is a STRENGTH to have a large clan of capable players. But you grasp any straw to make BoA look bad.

With other like minded people, public games will be vastly more popular than they are now because of BoA

Anyone who's put any amount of time into this game can attest to the fact that pubs suck. Very, very, very few will ever trade with a bunch of total strangers in a pub.

I played some good pubs.
Why wouldn't pubbers trade?
You get a drop you don't need, naturally you'll ask around if someone else is interested and what they'd be willing to offer.
Gonna be way more social to pub, that's for sure.
And with BoA, trading will be something fun.
BoA make it the buyers market where the seller has to agree on much fairer prices unless the 3 other partymembers get caught up in a bidding war. And even then, it's never going to be like it is today when every single ounce of gold needs to be squeezed out of a buyer.

This is just laughable.

People will play more when they are able to find loot and trade for it directly in the game. It IS going to make for a way more interesting experience. Both with trading and loothunting.
But I understand that you can't really envision any of that. All you see is BoA(can't rmt loot). So you rage about that instead of looking at the future prospects.

Really?? the AHs are going away and pretty much everyone is happy for it. However, that's not going to change the fact that anyone that puts any amount of time into this game is going to want to be able to play at the highest difficulty level. BoA is not going to address this, loot 2.0 is.

Sure we all want to play the most advanced difficulty. Since we have all items readily available to us, it seems there is little excuse not to play the highest tier as well.
But once things drop as BoA and the difficulty is a bit too much for you, then it's very relaxed to lean back and play easier because you can't do much about it until something good drops.
And eh, loot 2.0 come with a BoA package.
It's part of the patch, so you can't really separate them.
The items are what they are partly because BoA is planned.

... and you HAVE to do that without BoA? You don't have any choice? I'll bet you any amount of money I can start a new character right now and no one is going to force me to trade.

And I can bet you that you WILL trade. And so will everyone else who start playing. That's how this game is played right now.
Noones forcing you to play, but you do it anyway? And you do it as efficently as possible ofcourse. Anything else would be r####### which has been explained many times on this forum with sheer resentment for any SF player. But still, you're not forced, just in every possible way encouraged to trade.

Oh really? Lets see... I have almost 3000 hours of play time and 150k+ elite kills. You, you have minimal play time and 20k elite kills... which one of us just wants the best gear without playing?

Have you ever noticed how everyone isn't addressing you in person out here?

And to answer your question, it's you.
You feel entitled to free loot after all your "work". But in reality, you were supposed to have fun and you just broke yourself on the grind.
That's what I think.
And I also think it would've been nice if you'd have found all those fine items you were looking for and could now freely choose practically any build in the game since you invested such large amounts of time into the game.
There should be a reward for that and it's called BoA.
As it stands now, you're not even close to being able to do all those builds. And if you are, you better start selling right away mister! Cause you're sitting on way too much loot in that case.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 07:24 AMPosted by Zero
If I have an awesome ring but find a slight upgrade

BoA actually makes it so that situation that you described actually happens more than once every 1000 hours. You can actually find upgrades because you didn't trade your way into BiS thus eliminating the entire point of the game. Kill monsters, find awesome loot. BoA makes sense. All arguments against it seem to be wholly selfish.

BoA is bad because I want to trade, because I want freedom to do what I want with my items. (I don't care if it ruins it for anyone else.)

And if you don't want to put the time into the game because slogging through self found mode takes forever and you want all the specific legendaries for your build right away.....

well then you are playing the wrong genre.

Every single time you trade for an upgrade you rob yourself from any found upgrades down the road that are equal to or lesser than that trade. All lesser drops become less meaningful, and thus the ENTIRE game becomes a bit less meaningful, until you reach the point when there is no gear worth finding, cause you already have it or its just trash compared to your GG items. Why bother playing at that point? Ask the millions who quit after the AH hyper accelerated this process. Wouldn't you rather Diablo sitll be fun years from now as opposed to months?
Reply Quote
@Wulff
I was wondering something.. how on earth did you guys get the idea buying this game in the first place? If pay to win (win what?) is such a huge problem for you and is ruining your gaming experience why did you even consider buying this game? For god sake it was announced with a $REAL$MONEY$AUCTION$HOUSE$, you knew what it would be like even before the release?? I just don't get it.. And please answer i would really like to know!

And then please answer the question: "how does BOA help the player?"
"being able to find you own upgrades" has nothing to do with BOA, that will happen to everyone in a proper loot system, especially if you choose to play self found, which i assume all you BOA lover will, with or with out BoA? Being able to trade makes no difference there..

This.

All the whiners who hate trading and support BoA, why you buy a game where is:
1) Auction house
2) Real money auction house
3) Free trading in game

Why buy a game if you don't like it?

because they are jealous that other people have items they didnt grind themselves and they choose to grind not to buy.
They want to impose their way of playing on everyone else.

next they will want a maximum grind online time per day imposed because people are playing the game more than them and finding better items.
Or want mf increasing at certain times of the day when they are online
or if they havent found as much as everyone else they will want drop rate increasing.

They will always complain. It will never end until as an individual they feel they have equal or better items than the next person.
Reply Quote
I believe there will be more emphasis on tradable rare and magic items.

BOA Legendaries would promote a legitimate loot hunt for everyone.

Blizzard is changing the demeanor of DIII, for the better.

rares will suck compared to legs. Blizzard have more or less implied this by stating legs will be the awesome drops "we want". Rares will not be able to compete. Your knowledge is basic.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Wulff
And then please answer the question: "how does BOA help the player?"

Just give everyone +50% stats. This will help EVERY player.
Reply Quote
(>.<)''To be honest, I rather see all Legendary items with BOA, and change all crafting items to BOE So u can still trade your crafted items.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 08:11 AMPosted by gernblanston
You can buy transitional gear in WoW, but you can't buy BiS gear

You can buy BiS gear in WoW, because you can just buy a whole raid to funnel all drops to you!
Reply Quote
It removed the ability to gain high end gear immediately through trading. They feel that it undermines the progression of your hero by allowing you to become powerful too quickly. When you become powerful too quickly, then you start to complain that the game is too easy and this and that and that itemization sucks because you can no longer find upgrades.

With BoA, you actualy have to play the game, probably a lot, to feel moderately powerful. this also gives them more freedom with itemization, allowing them to balance the droprates around selffound instead of around trading and AH.

Basicly what this does fore you is gives you more incentive to play the game to gain power.
Reply Quote
It removed the ability to gain high end gear immediately through trading. They feel that it undermines the progression of your hero by allowing you to become powerful too quickly. When you become powerful too quickly, then you start to complain that the game is too easy and this and that and that itemization sucks because you can no longer find upgrades.

With BoA, you actualy have to play the game, probably a lot, to feel moderately powerful. this also gives them more freedom with itemization, allowing them to balance the droprates around selffound instead of around trading and AH.

Basicly what this does fore you is gives you more incentive to play the game to gain power.

I agree, Remember playing d2 lod. Joining dueling game were every same class basically had same gear........ cause was so easy to get through trades. Then the game became boring to me... D3 needs BoA and BoE
Edited by DragonsBlood#1589 on 11/17/2013 12:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 10:54 AMPosted by TheNightOwl
so we can respect players who have good gear.

so tell me:

1 - getting lucky at the grind lottery.
2 - botting for gear.
3 - Player skill? there isn't any in this gear check game!
4 - Massive boring grinding.
5 - Having good gear drop like candy from a piñata.(as in console)
6 - multiboxing

which one of these is worthy of respect??
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 07:24 AMPosted by Zero
it screws over botters and 3rd party sites, but why should I care?

Stopped reading right there.

/sigh
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]