Diablo® III

List of all free expansion features here! Summarised!

11/18/2013 02:20 AMPosted by Aristobulous
You guys complaining about the expansion not being worth the money, you realize that there's a heck of a lot more content in a Diablo 3 act than in a Diablo 2 act right?

You said it man.
Reply Quote
Recent comments from devs and datamining suggests that Adventure Mode is an RoS feature, not a patch feature. Just sayin'!
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 03:52 AMPosted by DamienJohn
Recent comments from devs and datamining suggests that Adventure Mode is an RoS feature, not a patch feature. Just sayin'!

It may seem like that but it will actually be a free feature in the pre-expansion patch. It's part of the core of the game and it's basically easier for their own programming to just implement it in the pre-expansion patch than to not implement it. It'll only be missing act 5 and a few other ROS features, until you add ROS to your account of course.

I promise you, adventure mode will be part of the pre-expansion patch. Thankfully. Let's just hope it'll come out as early as the removal of the AH.
Reply Quote
I'm just going to come out and say it...

You guys complaining about the expansion not being worth the money, you realize that there's a heck of a lot more content in a Diablo 3 act than in a Diablo 2 act right?

No...I don't know. Please enlighten us...because as it stands, RoS isn't even out yet. So I have no idea how you know that there's more content in D3 xpac compared to D2.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 04:05 AMPosted by HarkuBass

It may seem like that but it will actually be a free feature in the pre-expansion patch. It's part of the core of the game and it's basically easier for their own programming to just implement it in the pre-expansion patch than to not implement it. It'll only be missing act 5 and a few other ROS features, until you add ROS to your account of course.

I promise you, adventure mode will be part of the pre-expansion patch. Thankfully. Let's just hope it'll come out as early as the removal of the AH.

Unless you have some official information to support that, your gut feelings aren't really good enough.
Reply Quote
Lol one new act, one new class.

You know why Diablo and Diablo2 were excellent game? Innovation.

Only a single new class, how cheap is that.

And one single ACT? If they really wanted to be pardonned, they would have added 4 new class, 2-3 more acts.

Right now they are just filling a cowcash list.

To be fair, it's more work nowadays because it's in 3D to create environments and animated units. Especially when they have to basically make puzzle pieces that have to work so that it'll be able to stick to other pieces from any direction, without looking awful. They are doing that with the entire act 5. Look at dungeons like Keep Depths or even smaller ones like Decaying Crypts, all the rooms, hallways and doorways you see have been programmed to be approachable from all directions so they can be constructed to be as random as possible.

Adding 2-3 of these acts would make you wait till 2017 or something crazy.

I think you should definitely give them a chance here because I reckon that the expansion (and even the pre-exp patch) will increase the fun factor to triple of the current game.

Today, making modular tiles is no harder in 3D than in 2D. Actually, i think they still did diablo 2 tiles in 3D, but what is rendered by your machine is just a 2D image, for performance.

Seriously, thou, looking at cathedral and act 2 dungeons it seems like its hard to make them, becasue they are sooooooo boringly repetitive that i feel like walking through 5 diferent rooms all the time. Diablo 3 "randomization" is patheticaly weak IMO.
So im really not expecting much from act 5, but the "completely randomized" aspect makes me happy.
Reply Quote
When they're changing the fundamental way things work, you're not getting anything for free. You're just getting another patch.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 04:20 AMPosted by Keltest
Unless you have some official information to support that, your gut feelings aren't really good enough.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9679139107#19

This is from before they began to mention Adventure Mode as a whole, but you can't have loot runs (nephalem rifts) without adventure mode, so there you have it.

11/18/2013 04:20 AMPosted by Themisto
but the "completely randomized" aspect makes me happy.

Me too, I've always liked dungeons more than the outside because of the randomness. I think act 5 will be repeatedly played for a while when we get hold of ROS.
Reply Quote
I'll probably get slammed for saying so but...I was not a big fan of D2, the game basically bored me after playing it for about a year or so after LOD was out, and I agree, there is a lot more content in each Act of D3 compared to each Act of D2. The only real advantage of D2 over D3 was its complete randomization of tile sets. Yeah, ROS's coming Act 5 will be randomized but not Acts 1-4.

I have already put in way more time into D3 then I ever did in D2. Even though I go through bouts of boredom here and there, I always seem to be able to find a way to make the game interesting/challenging again. Not so in D2. Yeah, I know, ladders; but that's the thing, D3 has none and I'm still playing most days...starting from launch. I really can't say that about any other game.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 04:29 AMPosted by HarkuBass

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9679139107#19

This is from before they began to mention Adventure Mode as a whole, but you can't have loot runs (nephalem rifts) without adventure mode, so there you have it.

08/21/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Grimiku
These details may change as development moves along
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 04:35 AMPosted by DamienJohn

Are you just trying to argue now?

Yeah some things have changed, like Nephalem Trials being put on hold, and you can argue as much as you want, but I stand with my theory and so far the odds of my theory being true are high with what the devs have said really.

Edit: Also
08/21/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Grimiku
but we want some of the core gameplay improvements to be available for everyone.
Adventure mode is part of the core gameplay.
Edited by HarkuBass#1660 on 11/18/2013 5:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 04:10 AMPosted by HarkuBass
Adventure Mode (includes bounties, travelling between all acts in one game and Nephalem Rifts)

Is it certain that this feature will be included in the pre-expansion patch and not RoS exclusive?
Reply Quote
There will be new difficulty modes without MP levels.

Normal
Hard
Expert
Master
Torment (last update was I-V modes for Torment)

Each difficulty scales with your character level.

It's been said that Torment will be unlocked at lvl70 and it can surpass Inferno MP10.

The itemization includes crafting and the current blacksmith recipes will become legacy recipes. White items have been said to be used in crafting. Crafting will normally roll with the smart stats system, while drops have a chance to roll as smart drops. It means that the stats will be tailored for your character, or the class that the class specific crafted item is specifically meant for. Drops are said to be better than crafts.

RoS will include a new gem, the Diamond.

% damage to elites on weapons
all resists on armor
% CDR (cooldown reduction) on helm.

While there will be less of the lower quality drops, I wouldn't say that, "less drops, but better" accurately describes it.

The devs are attempting to make legendary items as powerful as possible without breaking the game. The drop rates for legendary and set items will be greatly increased.

If you didn't loot white, blue or rare quality items before, you could end up with several times more loot in the new system.
Reply Quote

Are you just trying to argue now?

Yeah some things have changed, like Nephalem Trials being put on hold, and you can argue as much as you want, but I stand with my theory and so far the odds of my theory being true are high with what the devs have said really.

Edit: Also
but we want some of the core gameplay improvements to be available for everyone.
Adventure mode is part of the core gameplay.

Relax dude, I wasn't arguing. :P

I'm simply pointing out that none of this is set in stone and your claims that it's 100% confirmed for the pre-patch are pure conjecture. Don't get me wrong though, I totally hope that's the case, but recent comments from devs at Blizzcon suggest it's not. There was also this tidbit in the most recent datamined information;

AdventureModeDetails
Explore the world of Sanctuary and complete Bounties and Random Dungeons to earn awesome loot! Reaper of Souls Required

Fingers crossed though! :)
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 11/18/2013 5:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 05:22 AMPosted by dominatus
There will be new difficulty modes without MP levels.

Good point, I'll add that.

11/18/2013 05:37 AMPosted by DamienJohn
Relax dude, I wasn't arguing. :P

The problem with text discussions with perfect strangers is that you can't detect their tone. I wasn't getting upset or anything, I was just trying to get my point across. I'm like that in real life too... :)

I'm simply pointing out that none of this is set in stone and your claims that it's 100% confirmed for the pre-patch are pure conjecture.

It's not 100%, it's 95%

recent comments from devs at Blizzcon suggest it's not

I think it's more because the pre-expansion patch isn't really supposed to work as a normal patch. This patch isn't made to help Classic Diablo 3, it's made as part of RoS. I'm not sure how to explain it but if you just imagine this. They are now currently developing RoS as a whole thing. They are then adding it to the game, but they have applied restrictions to the game so that you can't enter act 5 or use the mystic etc. But purchasing ROS will unlock the rest of the new content. So basically when the pre-expansion patch is out, the full RoS is actually in the game, they've just restricted the RoS content.

So when they talk about all this RoS stuff, they talk about it as a whole, because it's too long to explain every sentence like "So we are adding nephalem rifts in the expansion! (but you can't access act 5 monsters, areas and npcs and bosses)" and etc. It's just too much to write about the details of how the game is separated by pre-exp patch and the actual exp.

Okay maybe all that won't make any sense whatsoever but that's how I believe they mean when they explain stuff like that. Everything I've said so far is still my opinion on everything. Which nobody has to take for granted, but from current sources, this is what is most likely to be.

I'm now going to apply the new difficulties to the thread :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]