Diablo® III

No PvP, no trading, no chat channels...Why am I online?

11/16/2013 04:16 AMPosted by babinro
Piracy protection. Gamers have proven time and time again they can't be trusted.

I'm personally indifferent on the whole online issue, and I understand and appreciated both sides of the argument. Regardless, what you said is just mind boggling.
Reply Quote
this is geting dangerously close to the

"civil liberties in exchange for security" way of thinking

thomas jefferson not happy
Edited by dewey#1278 on 11/16/2013 5:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
The worst part is they are increasing drop rates similar to that of console which will make legendaries common and boring after a week especially when you go days without even an upgrade and you can't even keep good stuff since its BoA and is basically useless what a joke. It's like farming hellfire rings when you already have a pretty good one, not sure about anyone else out there but it gets boring pretty fast and is almost pointless.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 12:05 AMPosted by Baconan
You're online because playing offline makes you mad and you just forgot about it

that and remember that you can not trade because you will be mad and rage/quit the game if you can't find an upgrade in a couple of hours...
Reply Quote

No ones forcing you to play dude. If you don't like the game don't play , its just that simple. also Diablo isn't a PVP game, it's a PVE one. Go somewhere else if you want PVP.

another apologist. stop kissing their a$$, they gave us an inferior, UNFINISHED product and yet sheep like you will continue to defend them and their Greedy, user-unfriendly practices.
They were Soooo worried about not making money becaus of piracy, how about not making making money because the game you put out is terrible and you force us to deal with terrible servers to play it.. Had you produced a better game, the game you ASSURED US ALL you had made, especially if it could go offline, you would have sold more and made more money even taking piracy into account. But no, youd rather screw over your players and supporters to thumb your noses at piraters, who dont care about this game anyway, what with all the FREE and BETTER ARPGs out there.
but no its cool keep kissing their butt and shelling out money for inferior, over hyped, and under thought content. Youll get the games and customer service you DESERVE. this.
D3.
the future of gaming companies M.O.s.
greed>great products
Lmao where am i apologetic? normally if someone doesnt like a game they DONT F'ing play it. That also applies to this game as well. How am i kissing their a$$? Just because i said if OP doesnt like the game he doesnt have to play it?

11/16/2013 04:46 AMPosted by Moridin6
what with all the FREE and BETTER ARPGs out there.
If there are better ARPG's out there what the hell are you doing on the D3 forums? Go play those games. Leave the forums for people who still play this game and want to give ideas on how to improve the game instead of flaming the forums.

You sound like you have anger problems i suggest you get some much needed psychiatric help.
Edited by Jt3z#1245 on 11/16/2013 5:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
Its good question
Reply Quote
Some of the guys on the front page are quite comical. There are two scenarios here with BOA:

1) The loot isn't that rare and you'll be finding cool stuff all the time (exactly like the console version).
2) It will be equally as rare as it is right now in the PC version.

Both will equally kill the series. I'm sure I don't need to tell you why number 2 wont work because, here we are getting all of those sweet Mempo's right? And number 1 will put an axe through longevity. You get all of this 'epic loot' from Loot 2.0 and then what? Well, thats it right? The game is basically over at this point. Im there with my barb right now in D3. You need rarity with variability that comes with trading. Yes stuff is stupid rare, but there is a way to PROGRESS towards it. It was the system in D2 and there is no reason why it wont work here.

I can farm the hell out of MP10, but there's no reason too. In fact, I could argue that there is more reason to farm now than in ROS because of the RMAH still being up. For a lot of us, ROS isn't looking so hot. Oh and the 'loot runs' are basically technicalities. Their the same thing as farming, just with a different hat on...
Edited by Smash#1878 on 11/16/2013 9:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 05:00 AMPosted by Steve2911
Piracy protection. Gamers have proven time and time again they can't be trusted.

I'm personally indifferent on the whole online issue, and I understand and appreciated both sides of the argument. Regardless, what you said is just mind boggling.

Why do you feel that way?

I base my comment mostly on The Witcher 2 game release. You have a game that was praised critically, hyped by the fans, critically praised by the fans, sold at a reasonable price with quick price drops through steam and 100% DRM free. It's just about everything a gamer can ask for.

A year or so later I read an article which stated that the game sold something like 1.8 million copies but according to the major 3-5 piracy sites was pirated over 5 million times. Note: The article was a long time ago and I can't remember the exact figures but they were along these lines.

The game was financially successful, enough that we now have The Witcher 3 coming out also 100% DRM free. But the fact remains, a developer can do everything 'right' and gamers will still rob them blind.

Suppose they had DRM of the quality of a game like Diablo 3. Imagine all the extra sales they would have made (clearly not the full 5 million). Now imagine how good that money could have the people who work on The Witcher. You'd have more jobs, possibly a new IP that could be in the works. This is something that directly impacts working people and their families.

Maybe you see where I'm coming from now when I make that statement. If The Witcher 3 comes out and we find out it's one of the lesser pirated games when compared to others...I'll be inclined to think more of my fellow gamers.
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 11:24 PMPosted by Smash
This is a honest question.

No endgame, pvp, trading, proper chat/social, not even a lvling aim since paragon going endless. This game is nothing like Diablo.
Only reason to play this is if you have fun slaying monster over and over again, the same maps and same monsters. Alone or with very small groups.

I cashed out and wont buy the exp or ever play D3 again (except 2nd exp is any good, but lol, wont happen).

Rather play mutliple other games, Tomb Raider atm, really awesome. But just a short singleplayer experience. Still better than wasting tme on a pseudo Diablo.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 03:57 AMPosted by Shark
Blues and rares are worthless, i know it, you know it. Have you seen someone playing MP10 wearing blue items? Hell no, he would be dead. And rares, they are worth to wear only when you craft them (except rings and amus).

They won't be worthless. The fact that you believe that just shows how little you understand, you have no vision. Or maybe you are just misinformed. Regardless... before making such posts, you should evaluate the problem until there are no doubts.

The fact that you want to do mp10 as fast as possible with as little effort as possible shows entitlement, something quite prevalent in people like you, in those against the boa system on legendaries/ set items.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 12:05 AMPosted by Baconan
You're online because playing offline makes you mad and you just forgot about it

Rofl
Reply Quote
good question OP
Reply Quote
this is geting dangerously close to the

"civil liberties in exchange for security" way of thinking

thomas jefferson not happy

Loled
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 12:24 PMPosted by TheSaint
There are people who are passionate about the Diablo experience, and clearly you don't know what it means to invest in something or else you wouldn't come off sounding like narcissistic dweeb with a god complex telling people what to do with their lives. Clearly you like the game with all of its well known flaws and you still come in with a nasty attitude like we're making fun of your mom. If anyone needs the help, it's you.
lol where do you get this god complex from? Just becaus ei said he had anger problems he should try and take care of? TBH i could really care less how you kiddos feel about this game. Its just seems outright idiotic that someone would come to the forums just to flame without giving any reason why. Grow up guys its just a game.
Reply Quote
Online only has always been about trying to combat piracy in my opinion. I think any other lip service it gets is kind of silly.

Piracy is a *huge* issue with anything digital, and I don't blame them one bit for trying to do anything they can to try and protect their property.

Piracy is for sure a huge reason.

But not the only one. In the past some developers even talked about that (not from Blizzard though, but it doesnt really make I difference I guess).

They hate people selling their "used" games for example. Its someone buying a copy of the game and you dont get any money for that. A lot of people in the industry, shockingly, believe thats close to "stealing" their game ... wow! They dont get a penny! What a shame! Imagine if the rest of the world would work the same. Sorry! Cant sell your car! With always online DRMs and accounts etc. you can almost eliminate that.

Another reason is, to put it simply, controll. With accounts and players registered on your servers, you know how many play your game, what they play, how often the play, when they go to the bathroom, how often they have sex etc. you get the idea. They can get a lot of data and informations. But thats not even the problem. The issue starts when a company, like Blizzard, or EA believes that youre not "good" for their game. So that the "rights" they give you will sudenly be ... gone. Imagine for what ever reason (I will not go in to details here) your account is banned. As said, lets not discuss why it happend, could be as well some kind of accident, or what ever. But its a fact that now you have a 50 dollar brick on your desk and there is nothing you can do with it and just "hope" that Blizzard will eventually allow you again to play their game again if you say often enough "please". It sure is rare that accidents happen, but it does happen. No software or human is perfect.

The way how I see it, as consumer not as developer! Always online DRM measures have a lot more negative aspects to it then positive sides, particularls since, from the consumer perspective, there is nothing that says I cant get the advantages together with offline, for example, steam. It offers offline modes. Or games could make seperate worlds, where you buy the game, play the single player and have never to bother your self with accounts, patches etc. But then they would lose a lot of people, people like me, that see no reason in creating accounts for 6 different companies ... which I will never ever use again.

And I didnt even mention "issues" here. Like accounts that wont let you login, I avoid games for windows life for that reason, I always had issues with that software ... nothing is worse to be stuck at the loggin screen because THEIR servers have issues and you cant play a game you payed for now, and its not even an issue with the GAME, but the damn loggin software ... that wants you to be online ...
Reply Quote
Online only has always been about trying to combat piracy in my opinion. I think any other lip service it gets is kind of silly.

Piracy is a *huge* issue with anything digital, and I don't blame them one bit for trying to do anything they can to try and protect their property.

Piracy is for sure a huge reason.

But not the only one. In the past some developers even talked about that (not from Blizzard though, but it doesnt really make I difference I guess).

They hate people selling their "used" games for example. Its someone buying a copy of the game and you dont get any money for that. A lot of people in the industry, shockingly, believe thats close to "stealing" their game ... wow! They dont get a penny! What a shame! Imagine if the rest of the world would work the same. Sorry! Cant sell your car! With always online DRMs and accounts etc. you can almost eliminate that.

Another reason is, to put it simply, controll. With accounts and players registered on your servers, you know how many play your game, what they play, how often the play, when they go to the bathroom, how often they have sex etc. you get the idea. They can get a lot of data and informations. But thats not even the problem. The issue starts when a company, like Blizzard, or EA believes that youre not "good" for their game. So that the "rights" they give you will sudenly be ... gone. Imagine for what ever reason (I will not go in to details here) your account is banned. As said, lets not discuss why it happend, could be as well some kind of accident, or what ever. But its a fact that now you have a 50 dollar brick on your desk and there is nothing you can do with it and just "hope" that Blizzard will eventually allow you again to play their game again if you say often enough "please". It sure is rare that accidents happen, but it does happen. No software or human is perfect.

The way how I see it, as consumer not as developer! Always online DRM measures have a lot more negative aspects to it then positive sides, particularls since, from the consumer perspective, there is nothing that says I cant get the advantages together with offline, for example, steam. It offers offline modes. Or games could make seperate worlds, where you buy the game, play the single player and have never to bother your self with accounts, patches etc. But then they would lose a lot of people, people like me, that see no reason in creating accounts for 6 different companies ... which I will never ever use again.

And I didnt even mention "issues" here. Like accounts that wont let you login, I avoid games for windows life for that reason, I always had issues with that software ... nothing is worse to be stuck at the loggin screen because THEIR servers have issues and you cant play a game you payed for now, and its not even an issue with the GAME, but the damn loggin software ... that wants you to be online ...

As a Software Developer myself, I agree with a lot of your points and you know what? Blizzard probably did the right thing with requiring an internet connection. Starcraft followers know this all to well with the KESPA situation allowing Blizzard total control over their game. Consiquently, KESPA couldn't form rights around SC2 and therefore the broadcasting field remained fair for everyone (GOMTV). Although SC2 is an esport and Diablo 3 is not, your points apply and they are valid.

However, the title of my post was more of a "haha, why am I even in this network of players" when it adds no benefit whatsoever to my playing experience. I want a reason to interact with people. I want to duel, I want to trade, I want another barb to smash me into the ground, I want to get scammed, I want to make good deals and all that jazz. Why? Because its interesting, fun, fresh and adds diversity to the monotonous grind that is Diablo 3. At this point, Reaper of Souls does not deliver.
Edited by Smash#1878 on 11/16/2013 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]