Diablo® III

No PvP, no trading, no chat channels...Why am I online?

I am knowledgeable as far as the scene and piracy groups are concerned. I was not aware the word 'retarded' was off limits on these forums though.
Edited by OWD#1416 on 11/16/2013 6:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
So insults towards individuals pretty much? Wouldn't your fanboy comments be considered against the rules as well?
Reply Quote
the word retard is only acceptable in the offline version on the forums
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 08:23 PMPosted by ExDEATH
the word retard is only acceptable in the offline version on the forums

10/10 lol
Reply Quote
Because if offline mode was a thing there would be a division between offline and online mode characters and people would start complaining that they can't play online on their offline characters.
In D3 there's no need for that differentiation.

The game has been out for a year and I still don't get why people are still complaining about an offline mode. Many people successfully play solo so it's proven that it's not needed.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 02:52 AMPosted by strikewolf42
The game has been out for a year and I still don't get why people are still complaining about an offline mode. Many people successfully play solo so it's proven that it's not needed.

HC deaths by lag.

That's why I want offline mode, and it's perfectly legitimate.
Reply Quote
On a few other threads, I have posted the perfect solution to the who BoA/trade debacle.

Add a check box to opt in upon character creation just like in D2 when you chose ladder or non ladder. Same idea for BoA its Non-Boa or BoA.

Then everyone gets what they want. Everyone can still play together and the choice will not affect your loot runs.

The way I see it is why do you want less choice when having more choice and freedom is better? If you prefer Blizzard to do your thinking for you then choose BoA, if you like to grind loot and trade for other items that suit you better then select non BoA.

If you argue this then your demonstrating you are not capable of free thought and would rather have someone else choose for you about whats best for you. My trading ability has no affect on your loot run. The only things that affect your loot are: your own MF stat, any stacks you receive and the MF of others in the game with you. The option to bind gear or not has no affect at all on any aspect of your game. You find your own loot based on your own stats and you keep it forever while others find loot based on their own stats and have the choice to trade it or keep it.
Reply Quote
View profile
"If the main loot gets BOA and there isn't any PvP or proper chat channels, what does online play do to benefit the Diablo 3 experience?"

You don't actually know any of that. None of this is confirmed yet.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/17/2013 03:00 AMPosted by Artisian

HC deaths by lag.

NO what you really want is a stable and safe game environment. That doesn't neccessarily have to mean offline mode.
Reply Quote
Guys, this thread has zero do to with always online. I understand why they did it, and its not a mystery. They want control over their game and thats totally fine as they did make the damn thing.

t.t
Reply Quote
Exactly

BoA is not really a problem to any RPG game, at least I don't trade in Torchlight, Dragon Age and Witcher, and I still enjoy the game very much

PvP is not necessary in Diablo 3, it is PvE game. For me, asking for PvP sounds like asking for a soccer game in Call of Duty

So I take it you agree with the OP? I mean, did you play torchlight, dragon age or witcher co-op? Cause if you did and didn't trade, you were being a !%@*@!#% to your... oh wait, 2/3rds of those are single player only, and all of them can be played offline...

Yes, this is a PvE game, but blizzard advertised PvP, it's not unfair for people to expect it, even if I don't personally care. The question they're asking isn't why aren't these things in the game, but why does a single player only game need to be online? Because that's what it currently is. Blizzard is attempting to BRIBE you to play with other people by giving you buffs, making it easier, anything they can do to get people to play together. Why? Because they think (and are correct) that playing with others makes the game more enjoyable and last longer.

Unfortunately co-op in this game isn't so much playing WITH others as it is smashing things in the same general area as others. The ONLY way players really interact currently is by trading, which is getting removed. This would be ok/not as bad if the actual GAMEPLAY encouraged any kind of teamwork. The datamined changes to some of the monks skills, giving him the ability to ACTIVELY build his character and react in battle to support his team is a monumental step in the right direction. Now they just need to make sure the monk isn't the only class that can directly effect allies in a meaningful way.
Reply Quote
HC deaths by lag.

They could also reduce or remove the ridiculous logout timer in hardcore mode and for hardcore mode only.
Reply Quote
Supposedly there will be proper chat channels in RoS.
Online is redeemed :)
Reply Quote
osted by mikeab7925
edit: most unfair part is the pirates are playing offline with a server emulator.

No they're not.

Yes, they are.......but only up to the end of Act 1. That's as far as the server emulator works.
Reply Quote
osted by mikeab7925
edit: most unfair part is the pirates are playing offline with a server emulator.

No they're not.

Yes, they are.......but only up to the end of Act 1. That's as far as the server emulator works.

For the insane amount of money and time sunk into emulating D3, one could just buy the damn game. Its 29 bucks most of the time...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]