Diablo® III

No PvP, no trading, no chat channels...Why am I online?

All that has been done so far is kill the top tier items set or not. The Ah is now a dead zone. I am soooo glad these devs have pretty much told everyone not to buy good items before new patch in a very out right sense. Why even give a deadline for the ah to go away on sign in, If you can even move the best item's in this game now. I found the best Witching hour in the ah rah cant even get a bid on it in the ah for a okay amount. Good job killing this part of the game months ahead of the new release! Kicking in the gut one last time the player base that's left. Why even leave the ah up at this point? I mean your just shooting yourself in the foot with the rmah big time. Child like thoughts give way to child like actions!
Reply Quote
Why am I online?

So you can't cheat, dumbo.
That's the #1 reason!
Reply Quote
the number one reason is to prevent piracy, Wish they would let me play offline, tho. Then I could play solo without !@#$%^- lag
Reply Quote
This is a honest question. If the main loot gets BOA and there isn't any PvP or proper chat channels, what does online play do to benefit the Diablo 3 experience?

Coop in this current iteration of Diablo 3 is hilarious, I remember it slowing down my runs significantly when I played.

Pretty lame online ARPG if you ask me.
No ones forcing you to play dude. If you don't like the game don't play , its just that simple. also Diablo isn't a PVP game, it's a PVE one. Go somewhere else if you want PVP.

If you had played diablo from the begining you would know that PvP has always been a part of the game. True the game is mainly PvE but the diablo 3 was advertised with PvP. Whilst I have never been a fan of PvP there is a lot of people that would of bought it for that sole porpose and Diablo not having PvP is the equivalent of Warcraft humans vs orcs and not having orcs.
Reply Quote
This is an honest question. If the main loot gets BOA and there isn't any PvP or proper chat channels, what does online play do to benefit the Diablo 3 experience?

Coop in this current iteration of Diablo 3 is hilarious, I remember it slowing down my runs significantly when I played.

I wish you weren't after reading this thread
Reply Quote
This is an honest question. If the main loot gets BOA and there isn't any PvP or proper chat channels, what does online play do to benefit the Diablo 3 experience?

I wish you weren't after reading this thread

What
Reply Quote
View profile
11/17/2013 08:47 PMPosted by Steve
If you had played diablo from the begining you would know that PvP has always been a part of the game. True the game is mainly PvE but the diablo 3 was advertised with PvP. Whilst I have never been a fan of PvP there is a lot of people that would of bought it for that sole porpose and Diablo not having PvP is the equivalent of Warcraft humans vs orcs and not having orcs.

Let's analyze that further.

If you've played diablo from the beginning then you know darn well what kind of PvP D1 and D2 had. THE SAME AS WHAT WE HAVE NOW!

There were no team deathmatches or advanced PvP modes ever in diablo.

Don't get me wrong I'd like to see them, but the argument that "diablo has always had PvP" is not a valid argument in this case. All diablo ever had was brawling.
Reply Quote
Jtetz, your a perfect example of what is killing this series, the fact that you accept this desecration of the diablo series as a perfectly suitable continuation is hurting true fans like us.that just want to play a true diablo game.

Is.it really too much to ask a game development company who is putting out a sequel to a game make a sequel and not some totally new game? Apparently to you it is, but to many others.it is not acceptable and therein lies the problem. Many, many people are disgusted with how the current devs vision of the game is and you enabling them hurts us.

To quote you: "when has diablo ever been about PvP."

The fact you said this proves you never really played d2 in its most adored iteration or you really have your head up your behind.

For those who don't know: d2's most resilient attribute, what gave it its longevity is PvP... if you don'tvbelieve me go log in and make 10 pve games and 10 PvP games and see who joins which.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 03:53 AMPosted by sigi
PvP is not necessary in Diablo 3, it is PvE game. For me, asking for PvP sounds like asking for a soccer game in Call of Duty

Does it really matter how you feel about pvp when they advertised it to sell more copies?

You do know that Blizzard informed us that PvP would not be in before they released the game? It was on every gaming news site out there.
Reply Quote
Other than anti-piracy, there is literally no other reason to keep D3 online-only anymore. It's pretty much just a single player game now where you could go online and play with your friends for sh*ts and giggles.
Reply Quote
@Zaxxon23

Very sad though, if they only followed the d2 route this game would be raking in much more...
Reply Quote
To protect Blizzards coffers.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 02:22 AMPosted by MARK
or proper chat channels

From Blizzcon's small trailer you can actually see the old D2 chatroom,

Wat, really? Sshot anyone?
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 10:11 AMPosted by DragonFlyy

Does it really matter how you feel about pvp when they advertised it to sell more copies?

You do know that Blizzard informed us that PvP would not be in before they released the game? It was on every gaming news site out there.

How many years has it been since release?
Reply Quote
@Zaxxon23

Very sad though, if they only followed the d2 route this game would be raking in much more...

Preachin' to the choir but I'll give an amen.
Reply Quote
@Zaxxon23

Preachin' to the choir but I'll give an amen.

Amen...
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Fingerling

The irony is they have done nothing but underperformed on the amount of money they could make with a Diablo game done right.

Almost everything they have done has been completely bassackward. It is beyond clear they have no one on that team who understands how to properly setup Diablo for RMT and correctly monetize it. If they did, we had have had a ton more itemization at release, the game would have been so much more addictive to rope players in, players would not be forced to trade too early in the game, and the entire RMAH format would have been way different.

If the shareholders knew anything about D2/LOD and how it could have been monetized, they'd be calling for a change of leadership.
Edited by Zaxxon23#1760 on 11/18/2013 11:02 AM PST
Reply Quote

The irony is they have done nothing but underperformed on the amount of money they could make with a Diablo game done right.

Almost everything they have done has been completely bassackward. It is beyond clear they have no one on that team who understands how to properly setup Diablo for RMT and correctly monetize it. If they did, we had have had a ton more itemization at release, the game would have been so much more addictive to rope players in, players would not be forced to trade too early in the game, and the entire RMAH format would have been way different.

If the shareholders knew anything about D2/LOD and how it could have been monetized, they'd be calling for a change of leadership.

I think hope in the developers should set sail at this point. The sequel to the greatest item hunt/trading game is a long gone failure and a disgrace. Its beyond fixing if you look at the whole picture. Skill cooldowns? BOA? The 'chat channels'? Stats? Skill Points? Dueling? Runes? Jewels? Charms? Weapon damage being the primary factor for spell damage, seriously whoever thought of this needs to be fired immediately from game design. Its the laziest, most retarded system to make it into an ARPG.

Its done...
Edited by Smash#1878 on 11/18/2013 11:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Indeed. The problem is, everyone who worked on Diablo and Diablo 2 left Blizzard because of the direction they took with WoW. At least, that's what I've been led to believe.

I was tempted to reinstall D3 over the past week, but then I think about the fact that there is no point. Any legendary drop I get is going to be crap compared to what's on the AH. What sort of motivation is that? And if the AH is dead already, there's even less incentive to reinstall.

It is what it is; there's no purpose for games like SC2 and D3 to be always online, and for those of you saying it stops pirates, it doesn't. Those people have been happily playing offline since both of those games came out.

It's a case of punishing legitimate fans, something Blizzard has embraced full-on since getting merged with Activision.
Edited by Leucius#1200 on 11/18/2013 11:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 11:11 AMPosted by Smash
Its beyond fixing if you look at the whole picture.

Only because of compounding poor design decisions that ignored the genre and the series.

That being said it's totally fixable in my book. But a lot of changes have to be made, not to mention dev time spent even trying to get a handle on how this game should be designed.

A lot easier for them to throw in the towel and make mini-wow, which is exactly what they're doing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]