Diablo® III

Devs And the Diablo team killed Ah before Its gone!

All that has been done so far is kill the top tier items set or not. The Ah is now a dead zone. I am soooo glad these devs have pretty much told everyone not to buy good items before new patch in a very out right sense. Why even give a deadline for the ah to go away on sign in, If you can even move the best item's in this game now. I found the best Witching hour in game and it turned out to be the best in the ah rah cant even get a bid on it in the ah for a okay amount. Good job killing this part of the game months ahead of the new release! Kicking in the gut one last time the player base that's left. Why even leave the ah up at this point? I mean your just shooting yourself in the foot with the rmah big time. Child like thoughts give way to child like actions! Team Frankinwow strikes again!
Reply Quote
I think what killed it is because Blizzard had let us know and have showed us their plans to have a huge jump in stats in loot 2.0 items. like 500 stats and 3000 dps weapons. So effectively, killing the current market as even the best items would be considered junk come loot 2.0

But what the market has assumed is that RoS or Loot 2.0 will come out in March 2014. What if delays happens and developments get push back 6 months or more.

All we know is when AH is due to close, but we have no firm date on RoS or Loot 2.0 (which could be months away from March 2014).
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 05:11 PMPosted by metalguns
What if delays happens and developments get push back 6 months or more.

That seems like a conservative estimate, based on the info (or lack thereof) that came out of Blizcon.
There seem to be way too many things undecided.

Just a guess, but for RoS, maybe 3rd Quarter of 2014?
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 04:59 PMPosted by OrkoTheGreat
Team Frankinwow strikes again

But WoW has an AH, how is removing the AHs WoWish?
Reply Quote
Didn't say they where becoming more of what they already are. Just said they killed the Ah months before it even has a stop date. Pretty much a low blow to all those who took the time to find and up each piece over time. I have hundreds of epic and super good items just wasting away that I found! just sad that I see the end date each log on but knowing they killed it much sooner for no good reason!
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 04:59 PMPosted by OrkoTheGreat
All that has been done so far is kill the top tier items set or not. The Ah is now a dead zone. I am soooo glad these devs have pretty much told everyone not to buy good items before new patch in a very out right sense. Why even give a deadline for the ah to go away on sign in, If you can even move the best item's in this game now. I found the best Witching hour in game and it turned out to be the best in the ah rah cant even get a bid on it in the ah for a okay amount. Good job killing this part of the game months ahead of the new release! Kicking in the gut one last time the player base that's left. Why even leave the ah up at this point? I mean your just shooting yourself in the foot with the rmah big time. Child like thoughts give way to child like actions! Team Frankinwow strikes again!

The reason the AH is dead is that the sellers are asking too much for the peeps who need the items they are selling to afford.

Who is left in the game? A large majority of the player base consists of those who are invested in the game in some way. Some invested real money which gave them an advantage in farming higher MP levels than they otherwise could, others invested time to study the AH market and took risks with AH flipping and made billions, These are the people who can afford to pay 100s of millions or 1Bil+ on items, but most of these players already have great gear. Others, such as myself who lacked the right instincts for successful flipping and for whatever the reason did not feel it was appropriate to buy items or gold, invested only time in the game. It's people who only invested time that really need the upgrades that are being offered but we lack the gold resources to meet the prices the sellers are asking. The big fish have lost touch with the little fish which remains their biggest remaining market in the game.
Reply Quote
I believe you hit the nail on the head Hawkeye. Just perusing the AH and for instance people are asking $500 mil for a Mara's Kaleidoscope that isnt even as good as the ammy's some of my characters wear.
People can say that its worth it all they want but if it doesnt sell then that means its priced too high. The market dictates the prices not the seller.
Reply Quote
Lower your prices and prosper. Adapt to the new system, or fade away
Reply Quote
lol I leave and always charge half of what the cheapest item in that stat range is for the flippers to buy or the players. I farm and sell it. When you cant get Half of the cheapest item I think something might be wrong. I even go a little under the stats to get a more aggressive price out there. No flipping needed. I have gold but man, When you cant sell a godly for a discount my belt aside. I will not take anything under 2 Bill bid+ I found it, best in ah rmah no reason to sell for less. I would rather keep it and let it burn than give my time away!
Reply Quote
Most people know that level 60 items are going to be virtually worthless in the new order with the increased level cap.

To put it another way, assuming no expansion were coming...how much would you say a level 50 item is worth?

That's what I mean man. Why are my items now worth less in ah? The Devs and Diablo team blowing more smoke they most likely will not deliver on or, even do on time on top of it! Ah looked at like it is not there months before it is even closed. I will not sell my time for less than half of the cheapest item on the ah! Not everyone is pricing things to high. Its Just being looked at in a unrealistic way before its time!
Reply Quote
Happens, if they take away my little ponys in patch and add cows I will forgive all as of now.
Reply Quote
Have to have craziness though, not happy cows mad cows hording like D 2 Lod stampede.
Reply Quote
At a Mpl 15 to 20 in hardness though only! Best item poss drop .1% of the time. Can never go solo so to report or Blizz spot bots.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 06:11 PMPosted by hawkeye
The reason the AH is dead is that the sellers are asking too much for the peeps who need the items they are selling to afford.

This is the problem, in a nutshell.

I looked, I can't find much of anything that is an actual upgrade for me, unless maybe I decide to simply start over on gear. Um, No. My stats are not out of this world. My DPS could use a bit of help, actually. But when I see nothing but downgrades, with prices that don't fit in the column, well, yeah, this looks like a problem.

I'm sure some of that stuff would be an upgrade for some people. But do they have the 2B per slot to buy it? I am guessing "No" because it's still sitting there, unsold.

So yeah, Bliz didn't help by pointing out that Lvl 63 gear will be all but worthless by showing some mind-blowing stats on gear. Will anybody ever see those stats - or will they get nerfed before release? When is release, anyway? They don't sound even close to Beta yet.

Did Bliz kill it alone? One look at the prices being asked should answer that.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 07:47 PMPosted by OrkoTheGreat
Why are my items now worth less in ah?

Hey OrkoTheGreat,

Simple supply and demand, you can't have a bottomless pit of demand. Prices may indicate less people are playing D3. Most players who have played this game for more than 6 months or the credit card players, would have likely reached a sweet spot (in dps or gear) most likely up to MP10.

I know I have stopped or slowed down in buying once my character was up to scratch to do MP10. Its all farming and selling after that ... very little buying.

No new blood = No new demand = prices go down ... thats soft-core for you.
Reply Quote
Yeah. But that's what you get when you leave it too late before quitting.

Now players like myself who left it too late, can't sell any of our items for GP or cash to then refund into our paypal accounts. Nobody buys items, nobody buys GP so our AH auction lists just sit there and you have to re list them all every 36 hours.

This move was deliberate so that blizzard would not be refunding all that money into their former customers pockets.
Reply Quote
Just going to hang in there nothing left to do. Hopefully my gear will allow me to step into a fast gear up if and whenever this thing happens. But ya it is also my fault for waiting to sell main gear. I was looking for that next great piece farming. I cant complain too much. I got that witching hour on a 2 man friend game mpl 7 act 1 drop maybe 2 weeks ago. Just taking a while for items rings and weps to move. I have got two real nice drops in all my play that could or did sell in the bill+ Ik arm 195 str 295 vit 800 deff and that Hour. Some peeps played twice as much as me and got poo. The dev team should have had some less in depth item stats while relaying the new ah breakdown and items redevelopment's. At least we where told it would be turned off at all ahead of time I think is the upside to it all.
Reply Quote
It is not selling because you're asking too much. Most people already have decent gear and will not shell out more real money for a very slight upgrade. So although the belt may be nice, it wont sell for billions. My advice would be give it to a friend in need and hope for a friendly return later.
BTW your time playing this game isn't worth ANYTHING. Its called playing games in your free time, just like any other entertainment. Note FREE TIME.
Reply Quote
Whats killing the AH right now is the insane prices. Not going to pay millions of gold for a item that will be worthless in a few months. Lower your prices and they will start selling again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]