Diablo® III

Why BoA will not stop RMT or BOTS.

Let botters try to sell accounts, as others have said, this will be slow, difficult and costly. The fools who buy those accounts deserve to be banned. More to the point, the play2win players will all have godly loot in a month or two anyway.
Reply Quote

Ya BOA would be grow your own. The question then becomes can you grow enough to meet your personal demand. Plus what do you do with surplus when you run out of space.

Having that question is what it's all about. DO YOU have enough to meet your own demands? If not then congradulations! You still have a reason to play the game! Awesome! Longevity! Once you just buy up everything you want immediately, then what? I'm guessing it's buy a new game.

Best case would be trade my surplus for something else I can use. Like a pizza : P
As far as longevity if i can grow everything I would need and trade what i dont need for pizzas. I' would be a pretty happy camper with that.
BOA is grow what you need and then watch the rest go to waste. With a trade only system I wouldnt be able to buy everything i wanted. I would be able to buy a lot, try things out, save up more, trade for other things, work on multiple characters. The game has not lost any longevity for me to this point with the current system, trading would be harder than the AH to find the gear I want so I dont really think longevity will be an issue for me.
Reply Quote
I am fed up discussing back and forth. We are getting no where here anyways. Let's petition Blizz for a poll, and I'll gladly accept whatever the majority decides.

If BOA comes, I won't buy the game, simple as that. I have other games to play. And then to hell with bots, why should I care?

If BOA doesn't come, but some form of restricted trading instead, we can take it from there.

Peace out, and stay gaming.
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 02:34 PMPosted by FooOne
More to the point, the play2win players will all have godly loot in a month or two anyway.

Dream on.

The BOTS running 24/7 will have all that and more 2 weeks after the release. The BOT outfits will have sold those accounts and pocketed 1Million or more USD by then.

And when you get your special BOA item 2 month later, and then look and compared to theirs,... you are going to cry. They get ahead faster and stay ahead even faster. Your so called godly crap just turned into a turd. LOL.

WHAT A GREAT REASON TO KEEP FREE ITEM TRADE.
TRULY ENCHANTED. PLEASE, MORE ROFLOL TURD FUN.
Reply Quote
So people must buy accounts that have been botted on, meaning they may be already tagged as a bot or maybe stolen and get recovered. So it means a risk for the buyer as oppose to simply buying items and have no risk of ban.

Botters who are trying to gain advantage in the game (non financial) won't like BoA because it ruins their method of making safe accounts via botting by either:
-Transferring their items to a clean unbotted acount.
-Selling their gear and rebuying more gear on a clean account.

Selling accounts is great for people who don't care at all about the game (if they can avoid ban for long enough) but botters trying to cheat will never be safe as they will always be playing on an botted account.

Another point is its great buying an account for someone who doesn't really play the game and spends a lot but for people who want to buy an account and actually put a significant amount of time into the game are unlikely to spend more on accounts since they will be giving up everything they did on their account (the kind of person who might want to spend 20$ every week or so on items who might have ended up spending as much as they guys who spend a 1 off 500$ and play for a week).

Every time a bot get banned its all loot is gone instead of 99% saved. Keeping your bot undetected is so much more important. RMT botters avoiding bans can sell for more but they sell less so less people in the game will have cheated gear.

Regarding paying someone to bot on your account, that is so risky, whenever they get caught they have to buy another botted account again basically losing everything they had previously payed for, reducing the number of cheated items in the game. If you don't get banned your gaining the power of 1 bot running unlike with trading where you can have 100s of bots funneling their items to your account.
Edited by Player#2244 on 11/15/2013 3:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Is this post really trying to fear monger Blizzard? lol It won't work. Even if someone buys an account which would be somewhat pointless, If they get caught by Blizzard, It's the ban stick over the head for them.
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 03:10 PMPosted by Kookymunster
Is this post really trying to fear monger Blizzard? lol It won't work. Even if someone buys an account which would be somewhat pointless, If they get caught by Blizzard, It's the ban stick over the head for them.

It's not meant to fear monger, it was to prove one of the biggest arguments for BoA is specious. BoA caters to the SF players, one of the QQ of the SFers are that they have gear envy from people that bought items. They say they cant find good gear and dont want to buy things on the AH. Well loot 2.0 is supposed to fix the gear problem. The basic idea is that they are forcing all players to play the way a minority of players want. The thing with the current system is that you have the FREEDOM to play however you want. If you want to SF fine you can do that, if you want to trade, you can do that, if you want to AH you can do that. I think people are just for the ability to play how they want, not be forced into playing the game the way a certain players want.
Reply Quote
Why would anyone pay someone to play the game for them? The concept itself is bizarre in the extreme.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/15/2013 03:22 PMPosted by Zymurgeist
Why would anyone pay someone to play the game for them? The concept itself is bizarre in the extreme.
Because they suck at gaming, But want everyone to think they are elite.
Reply Quote
So there is no reason to make laws because it won't never stop murderers and robbers right?
Reply Quote
View profile
11/15/2013 03:21 PMPosted by Badfish
BoA caters to the SF players, one of the QQ of the SFers are that they have gear envy from people that bought items
And you have proof of this? And any QQ was about the well geared flippers and botters who were selling the crap they found for a fortune. More than anyone could possibly grind out in a life time, unless they were botting, So the only other way was buy the gear from the rmah. And if full blown pvp comes to this game, It would not be fair to let those who play with credit cards have an advantage over those who do not. In many way's BoA evens out the playing field.
Edited by Kookymunster#1239 on 11/15/2013 3:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 02:26 PMPosted by Badfish
BOA is grow what you need and then watch the rest go to waste.

For you, maybe. For me that "waste" means more fun on my alts.

With a trade only system I wouldnt be able to buy everything i wanted. I would be able to buy a lot, try things out, save up more, trade for other things, work on multiple characters. The game has not lost any longevity for me to this point with the current system, trading would be harder than the AH to find the gear I want so I dont really think longevity will be an issue for me.

Except that this is not how it works. You can clearly see the evidence in the game so far: players bought ALL they ever wanted, then went to the forums to complain it's too easy.
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 02:34 PMPosted by FooOne
And when you get your special BOA item 2 month later, and then look and compared to theirs,... you are going to cry. They get ahead faster and stay ahead even faster. Your so called godly crap just turned into a turd. LOL.

So, why do you care so much about what others do? :)
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 10:56 AMPosted by Hitman
Ive seen other posts with some decent ideas (again imo). They shoot more along the lines of BOT (bind on trade) or BOE (bind on equip) that I still dont want, but makes a lot more sense to me too fix the problems that they are trying to fix. BOA to me is quite the extreme, and by no means meets the half way point of the fan base. Meet us in the middle and they will see a better reaction from us, not just take away, take away ect...

Don't worry Hitman, its less of an opinion than you think.

You're right, game companies want to keep taking away and taking away.

At the heart of the debate there is NO BoA vs. trading.

This is a debate about people who realize the industry is heading towards DMR control (digital rights management, which d3 already has by being online only)

XBOX1 tried to market this and failed miserably, ps4 pre-orders crushed them, forced them to market games via disc which could be, well, TRADED.

People who welcome BoA are really missing the bigger picture. I'll be talking less about gameplay boa vs non and more about the heart of the argument, which comes down to player control and renting gametime vs actually owning it (BoA promotes basically renting gametime to a small extent)

+1
Edited by Fyle#1652 on 11/15/2013 3:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
11/15/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Fyle
yep taking away some peoples ability to scam, bot, price gouge, And just generally ruin the game for most of us.
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Kookymunster
yep taking away some peoples ability to scam, bot, price gouge, And just generally ruin the game for most of us.

that's like killing a person so they can't shoplift
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 03:22 PMPosted by Zymurgeist

Power-leveling have pretty much existed since I started playing the very first real MMORPG (Meridian59, which still exist to day, as free to play) Some people just don't like the "tedious" parts of grinding, and wants only to play the "fun" parts and ofc the bragging and showing of.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/15/2013 03:21 PMPosted by Badfish
The thing with the current system is that you have the FREEDOM to play however you want
Freedom you say? Lets see, Well if i want to run harder MP on the Pc version, I would be FORCED to buy gear to do that, I would also be FORCED to pay what ever prices the flippers have set. So now we can say but...but Blizzard made a bad loot system!!! Yep they dropped the ball on this, But now they are planning to fix it. So maybe i will not be FORCED to buy gear from a flipper. So what all of this is really about is you guy's don't want Blizzard to change or fix anything so that the status qua can continue until it is just you guys left.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/15/2013 03:43 PMPosted by KingD
Some people just don't like the "tedious" parts of grinding, and wants only to play the "fun" parts and ofc the bragging and showing of.
Kinda like spoiled brats who want to race to desert, Then tease the other kids. lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]