Diablo® III

Why BoA will not stop RMT or BOTS.

Not sure why removing the AH is good but oh noes.. boa will ruin the game. The typical argument is because: D2!

Now I didn't want to see AH go.. I like safe\secure trading but if it is going to go then I can see why boa legs would be good. Unlike the OP the reality is the bots and gold sellers were happy to see the AH go because it means they have a larger market and more control over prices.

Honestly if you were in favor of removing the AH but are against BOA then I believe you are one of the many who have a vested interest in cheating, botting, and gold selling. It isn't a question of whether bots or RMT would be stopped, that's stupid. BOA would stop the easy sale of legs though and that is undeniable.
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Kookymunster
You're right, game companies want to keep taking away and taking away.
yep taking away some peoples ability to scam, bot, price gouge, And just generally ruin the game for most of us.

So fewer options are good in your view? Weird form of logic. Try apply that concept to the real world, just for thought exercise.

"Sir, we can't prevent the criminals from stealing your car, but if we put square wheels on it, it will be less attractive stealing! Thank you good officer, much better!"
Reply Quote
View profile
11/15/2013 03:41 PMPosted by Baconan
yep taking away some peoples ability to scam, bot, price gouge, And just generally ruin the game for most of us.

that's like killing a person so they can't shoplift
HUH? wow that is a reach for sure, Better come down from there rocket man!!
Reply Quote
Not sure why removing the AH is good but oh noes.. boa will ruin the game. The typical argument is because: D2!

Now I didn't want to see AH go.. I like safe\secure trading but if it is going to go then I can see why boa legs would be good. Unlike the OP the reality is the bots and gold sellers were happy to see the AH go because it means they have a larger market and more control over prices.

Honestly if you were in favor of removing the AH but are against BOA then I believe you are one of the many who have a vested interest in cheating, botting, and gold selling. It isn't a question of whether bots or RMT would be stopped, that's stupid. BOA would stop the easy sale of legs though and that is undeniable.

Don't accuse people without evidence to back it up. Not only is it rude, it also make you look stupid, so people in general, will disregard, whatever sound arguments, you might have besides that.
Reply Quote
As far as I know, BoA isn't meant to do either of those things.

It is meant to increase the viability of a solo player, wanting to skip all the drama and trolling of the modern gaming world, who wants powerful gear without having to rely on an Auction House or trading with people.
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Kookymunster
You're right, game companies want to keep taking away and taking away.

11/15/2013 03:41 PMPosted by Baconan
that's like killing a person so they can't shoplift

No, it's not.

Blizzard IS in charge of making this a fun experience for EVERYONE.
They are the only law there is around here.
They're making alterations to how the game's reward structure works in order to help the players get a great experience. When some parts are exploited heavily, the rest of the game suffer. I understand you don't see the glaring error that the bloated trading presents, but I do and many with me. So we're happy Blizzard moderates the game to something that fits the ARPG crowd rather than the broker/botter crowd.
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Kookymunster
The thing with the current system is that you have the FREEDOM to play however you want
Freedom you say? Lets see, Well if i want to run harder MP on the Pc version, I would be FORCED to buy gear to do that, I would also be FORCED to pay what ever prices the flippers have set. So now we can say but...but Blizzard made a bad loot system!!! Yep they dropped the ball on this, But now they are planning to fix it. So maybe i will not be FORCED to buy gear from a flipper. So what all of this is really about is you guy's don't want Blizzard to change or fix anything so that the status qua can continue until it is just you guys left.

See and there is the issue, you WANT to play a harder MP you are not FORCED to play a harder MP. You can CHOOSE to play the harder MP level. If you dont have the gear to survive then you arent going to have much fun right. Well I may want to run MP 10 on my brand new level 60 WD but does that mean I am capable of doing so. When RoS comes out you will WANT to play torment lvl 4 but will your gear support it? Current system you can CHOOSE to go the AH and buy some gear to help you along. But you are not FORCED into anything. You are making a conscious decision. You can CHOOSE to buy a lesser priced item not one of the 2 billion priced ones, those are godly gear drops, but you can find really good upgrades for cheap all the time. Or you can CHOOSE to SF only. The argument that you are FORCED is an idea that you have dreamed up in your head to justify your position. No one is physically making you click buttons. You just FEEL you need to do it.
Is there any real difference between MP 2 and MP 10. Monster look the same, same maps, same classes- yep its the same game. Again you FEEL you need to run MP10 probably to self validate. Games should be competitives. There SHOULD be have and have nots, its what propels people to get better. Compitition is a GOOD thing. Not everyone should get or deserves a throphy. Just because i want a Ferrari doesnt mean I should just get one.
Reply Quote
People say that Blizzard will request documentation like driver’s license or other id to prove account ownership. This doesn’t consider that a large portion of the player base is made of minors or people under the age of 16. People under 16 generally don’t have a lot of identification.

Last time I checked, this game isn't rated to be owned by minors.

ESRB is a recommendation system to inform parents. It is not a law.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/faq.jsp#24

It's a safe bet that a lot of parents bought the game for their under-17 year olds.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/15/2013 03:48 PMPosted by KingD
Try apply that concept to the real world, just for thought exercise.
Umm.. Hello?? this is not the real world, This is fantasy! So maybe you need to to understand what a concept is..Because attempting to mix a fantasy game with real world issues is not a very good concept, And can lead to delusional thought patterns...
Reply Quote
View profile
11/15/2013 04:03 PMPosted by Badfish
you are not FORCED to play a harder MP.
So are you trying to tell me that, If i want to run a harder MP level, I would not be forced to buy the gear to do so? or are you saying that if i don't pay up then stop playing? Because that's what this comes off like, And while i would like a super nice car, I don't kid myself in the real world. But you know what? this game is not the real world, So yes i can expect to get what i want and need to keep going..
Reply Quote
View profile
As far as I know, BoA isn't meant to do either of those things.

It is meant to increase the viability of a solo player, wanting to skip all the drama and trolling of the modern gaming world, who wants powerful gear without having to rely on an Auction House or trading with people.

Hummm
Last time I looked you could already do that
O but I forgot, you can not control yourself
And that is everyone's fought, but yours

My Bad
Reply Quote
Meh, it will cut down 90% of the bots wealth generation ability. There is an inherent risk to buying an entire account and Blizzard has many safeguards besides ip addess type tools to tell when its been sold. They are not amateurs. BoA is a necessary evil for this type of game in todays world.
Edited by Tenshard#1564 on 11/15/2013 5:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
sorry i didn't read all your replies but i will respond to the OP's post and a few others that I skimmed to get an idea on the general populations ideas on this….

THE OP IS RIGHT….. BOTTERS WILL MAKE MONEY…..EVEN IF THEY NERF THIS, TRUST ME, THEY ALWAYS WILL.

We all first have to say why do we care? It ruins the game? YES. To an EXTENT. BUT ONLY TO THE BUYER OF NEW ACCOUNT as they miss out on the lvl'ing which I LOVE (WD specially!)

I play with friends of mine whom don't buy off these botters, rather we SHARE every thing we get and if ones hard on gold, we all chip in if we can. HARDCORE has taught me lots.

My chars may look good but most was due to friends helping me out…. in HC - 100x the help. SC seems so superficial these days to me.

BUT with that being said, I DO NOT CARE if someone has 1mil dps and never dies as I'm NOT playing with him… this is no MMORPG. I am not FORCED into playing with ANYONE cept BLIZZ's Servers (diff thread - another day!!!).

I got 3 friends per game MAX.

I I like to solo with my barb n enchantress with maximus a lot for quiet time hell…. I would LOVE more but all these pk threads have scared me from even posting in a RIP recently TBH.

SO I look back to when i was younger and played Asherons Call FOR MONEY and had 6-10 PC's running macros(wrote myself)/bots 24/7 and employed my best friend to watch over while I worked my 9-5 job and made….too much for doing nothing really.

Knowing how much I made doing that IN THE DAY, I know I've seen the 3rd party sites for D3 and know if theres a will, theres a way…. and the profit is just as, if not more lucrative than when I was a teenager DESPERATE for money.

IMO the only way to stop it is like what they did in Asherons and ask people whom seemed bot-ish random questions and would kick/ban according to answers or lack of…. we found ways around at first as they would usually ask the day of the week which we programmed in very quickly as we watched them TRY to bring us down but I never lost one of the HUNDREDS accounts EVER.

BUT theres way too much cost on Blizz if they don't elect players to be "GUARDIANS" whom volunteer their time to make this game right and i don't think they will do it.

BLIZZ - prove me wrong on that one. :)

TIL THEN - expect botters to adapt to not just making gold, but to making max lvl chars and selling the accounts… I know when i was younger I did it in a different game and felt that I wasn't doing anything wrong…. hindsight + 20/20… but not all feel the same!
Reply Quote
View profile
11/15/2013 05:14 PMPosted by Tenshard
Meh, it will cut down 90% of the bots wealth generation ability.
yeah, It will put a canker sore on their knee for sure. But in the end, Bot's are not entirely to blame, And we all know that. So I want to see what Blizzard comes up with. Hopefully they will crash the market so that it will not be worth their time. But who knows..
Reply Quote
View profile
TIL THEN - expect botters to adapt to not just making gold, but to making max lvl chars and selling the accounts… I know when i was younger I did it in a different game and felt that I wasn't doing anything wrong…. hindsight + 20/20… but not all feel the same!
And those who buy those accounts risk being banned and losing all of their money. Yeah, i know, Some people have more cash than brains, I could always tell when a wow player bought their account. They sucked at dungeons, they sucked at raids, they sucked at pvp, Even though they had uber epics on, they simply did not know how to play their toon.
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Kookymunster
you are not FORCED to play a harder MP.
So are you trying to tell me that, If i want to run a harder MP level, I would not be forced to buy the gear to do so? or are you saying that if i don't pay up then stop playing? Because that's what this comes off like, And while i would like a super nice car, I don't kid myself in the real world. But you know what? this game is not the real world, So yes i can expect to get what i want and need to keep going..

No I'm saying wanting to do harder MP levels and being able to do them are different. What's wrong with farming the MP level you are at. With loot 2.0 you'll find upgrades and the ability to progress on your own if you like. But if someone wants to gear up using they collected that should be ok too. In the current system no one is forcing you to buy gear, your gear may limit your effectiveness at that level but you are free to run it. You feel underpowered for that MP level but if you choice to self find when you have the ability to use the AH or trade and Choose not too that's ok. Loot 2.0 will fix your drops anyway so you will be able to progress without the AH. So your getting the large part of what you want, the ability to SF. Why is it so important that you limit my enjoyment of the game by making relegated to the style you prefer. I prefer and open trade system where I can choose how I like to play. With clans you would never even have to step foot in a game with people that don't SF.
Reply Quote

Don't accuse people without evidence to back it up. Not only is it rude, it also make you look stupid, so people in general, will disregard, whatever sound arguments, you might have besides that.

You can try to take the high road but the fact is I'm not the guy supporting everything that is in favor of the bots\RMT\cheaters and being against everything that isn't. It doesn't even have to be illegal, a ton of people have bias because a change like this would be negative for their 3rd party site.

I mean it's easy to spot particularly with the stupidity and contradictory arguments. For example, those against this change were in favor of removing the AH. Or they whine about freedoms and don't like restrictions when they want players to be restricted into a spec\stat allocation such that they have to remake new characters for different builds (because D2, duh!)
Reply Quote
BOA isn't attempting to solve those problems. BOA is Blizzard's attempt to fix itemization. Which was initially supposed to be "loot 2.0". Obviously "loot 2.0" isn't all its cracked up to be. Remember when Blizzard first announced "loot 2.0" they said the auction house wasn't the problem itemization was? Then a couple months later, the announcement comes out that the auctions house is being removed. Now we have BOA. All in an effort to support "loot 2.0".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]