Diablo® III

*5* Things The Anti BOA Crowd Don't Seem To Realize:

11/16/2013 06:03 PMPosted by KingD
Anyways, the ruling in the EU Supreme Court is already a fact. Oracle lost their case, and that sets a precedense over any further cases. And rightfully so.

Sweet stuff. I happen to have an extra account I wanted to give away :)
Reply Quote

I think you're missing out on the fact that while some legendaries might be amazing, I doubt for certain specs you're going to want to be using 100% legendaries. You're probably going to be using the "game changers" that work for your spec and then fill in the gear as you see fit now.

Take a look at COB WDs for example (I know it's not a perfect example). They have to have some kind of mana regen or bat reduction to get the spec to work. Ideally this comes from 4pc zuni or maybe even visage of guiya and an SOJ. Once you have those pieces you just start acquiring whatever else is BIS for each armor slot.

For belt that's WH
For pants it's rares with 150int/200v/65ar/2OS/armor or radius For most COB depth diggers, BT jousting mail and innas pants aren't as good as rares.
Shoulders can be viles or crafted rares
Gloves are rares/crafted rares
Bracers are crafted rares or maybe lacuni
One of the rings can be rare

What I'm saying is that while legendaries will be powerful, I don't think they're always going to be BIS in every situation. Look at every top dps character for each class and look at the fact that theyre all wearing rare rings, probably rare amulets and a couple other rare items. Did you see that rare STR ammy that sold for like 60b? No current legendary neck could touch that thing.

Rares will still be good. They might not be BIS for every slot, but I think you'll still see a healthy mix and match of them across all characters.

I just wanted to repost this for conversations sake since it seemed to totally get passed over.

I don't think game changing legendaries will be the only thing people are wearing in the expac.

Me neither, I think rares will rock!
There's gonna be more good affixes to get. I spied %meteor dmg. Stuff like that could really get a rare going.
But... It also talks about how incredibly rare a perfect yellow will actually be.
Reply Quote
What some pro BOA Crowd Don't Seem To Realize:

Is BOA is unlikely to work. It's ignorant to say Bound On Account works(BOA) when items such demonic essence(account bound) Can be unbound. Example method at (ownedc***.com, censored due to forum policy) There are other new method on other sites as well that do the same other games. Blizzard advertised that online mode and the auction house, would prevent hacks, duping, scams, but in great degree help them. (Like the 0 bid auction exploit or gold duping STILL going on for months) (There's even youtube videos on it posted by Moldran covering some these issues)

BOA will actually end up holding legitimate players back and their freedom to trade and share. Even if we pretend that BOA does work. Blizzard is also a liability and notoriously known for taking back their promises on maintaining viable builds or game features. (Example: Attack speed% items cut in half, no more good Nat Set, false reinsurance that cm wizard and zerk barb procs won't be nerfed or here to stay, trolling us with new vault cinder trail skill and taking it back when people already spent millions of gold revolving around it)

Since we will no longer be having the auction house and trading won't be as viable, unique and set nerfs will hurt much more than before. I'm a fan of blizzard game and I would like to give them a benefit of the doubt, but I'm just being realistic. Just my two cents. Starbird does have some good points.
Edited by pkthebird#1549 on 11/18/2013 8:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
How about this scenario...after 1000hrs + in game RoS you are still searching for an item...should my BAD luck prevent me from obtaining an item via potential trade? I'm not afraid of grinding, I'm only afraid that bad luck RNG gods of loot will keep screwing me just like they're doing at present time.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 06:32 PMPosted by Supes
How about this scenario...after 1000hrs + in game RoS you are still searching for an item...should my BAD luck prevent me from obtaining an item via potential trade? I'm not afraid of grinding, I'm only afraid that bad luck RNG gods of loot will keep screwing me just like they're doing at present time.

What about the crafting of legendarys?
Which legendary may be crafted exactly? And how?
Will it stay the standard legendary crafts, or will all legendarys be craftable??

Anyway. It's too bad if you don't find that superstuff. I never did in the game so far and I'm a bit disappointed about that. But actually, if I find plenty of cool stuff, I can live with having some items eluding me. That keeps it interesting.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/16/2013 06:32 PMPosted by Supes
I'm only afraid that bad luck RNG gods of loot will keep screwing me just like they're doing at present time.
I have a feeling that the current RNG God's will be getting an eviction notice come RoS. And new one's will move in..
Reply Quote
I think people believe it will be bind on account when it drops... pretty sure it will only bind to your account if you equip said item... so what is the big deal... if you want to use it USE it. IF not then DON'T use it and trade it for something you can use. this is not a real hard concept and allows the new economy that we will bring to life to thrive and stay balanced. this idea of bind on account also allows you to give the item to another of your own toons once you upgrade your mains gear. another plus from what I can see. I mean sure its not in the diablo way to have boa or boe items but times are changing. the most successful online games at this time have such balances to the game and the economies are good/great. we have spent 2 years with a drool cup economy because of loot stats and drop rates and the fact that you can recycle gear and try to make your money back... but all this does is flood the market driving prices lower and lower until every bad player in the game can be mp10 geared for a around 2m gold.... ya.... that seems fair to me how bout the rest of you who have played since day one and worked hard for what you have now?
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 06:19 PMPosted by Bombus
Anyways, the ruling in the EU Supreme Court is already a fact. Oracle lost their case, and that sets a precedense over any further cases. And rightfully so.

Well, I assume that Blizzard are going to be resetting accounts on transfer then.
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 07:29 PMPosted by Starbird

Well, I assume that Blizzard are going to be resetting accounts on transfer then.

Of course they will. This won't be turning it into account selling with characters and stuff. Only the license for the game, is allowed to be sold.

I should mention, that for the US, 9th circle rule is still in play. The selling of licenses is for the EU :)

http://www.zdnet.com/oracle-cannot-block-the-resale-of-its-software-in-europe-7000000189/
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Nishi
Is trading really that bad though? A lot of people enjoy it, some more than others, but it seems to get a lot of negative attention because of what AH flippers were doing. What the game needs to do is to reward people for killing monsters with things that can't be traded for or bought, so that someone that wants to play self found doesn't feel like the guy trading all day is at a huge advantage. That allows for the guy that wants to trade to have his fun as well, without giving them access to everything just by trading. Paragon leveling works like that, but the game could use a bit more of that sort of thing.

This has been my point the whole time. Few bad apples spoil the bunch. But the problem is how to close the loop on them, along with some other things/solutions ive brought up, id almost like to propose not ALL legs/sets be BOA but a few EXTREME ones would work? Example from todays market. Everyone has a mempo, its got AR, MS, life % crit socket etc. In todays game its pretty much a must have for the top of the top, what if THOSE items were boa? Would allow "crappier" legs to be dealt around, but a mempo would be bind on pickup or account whatever? Any thoughts on that?
Reply Quote
Who gives a damn, why is everyone such a carebear now? Diablo is supposed to be about being a badass, not a sissy concerned with everyone elses feelings of inadequacy because they have bad gear and are unable to adapt. BOA is a limitation, as a gamer I do not want limitations. Let me decide what I need to do to build what I like. If that hurts someones feelings it's on them for not measuring up or being soft. Trading does not affect those you are not trading with, unless they have a personal problem which is their own business. Some people need to grow up and quit making excuses for their lack of effort or lack of ability. If you are unwilling to do what others are willing to do to succeed, you deserve to get less than them or just plain fail, and that applies to anything and everything.

Preventing some players from doing what they are capable of doing, just because some others are unwilling to is simply a childish and pathetic excuse for adding BOA to limit trade. Once again, self-found players want to impose upon everyone else their beliefs, and limit other's ability just so they can measure up. Just because you are unwilling to do something, does not mean other people should be brought down to your level. Players have the right to decide what is best for them, and if you are unwilling to adapt, then you need to learn to live with it and suffer the consequences, rather than crying about your inadequacy until you ruin things for everyone else. Trading is a core element of Diablo, it is and always has been, BOA is NOT an element that belongs in Diablo in any way for any reason. If you support BOA, you do not deserve to call yourself a Diablo player, and you certainly are not a true fan of the franchise.

You have said all this before. Many players don't agree with and neither does Blizzard. Your coming across as very elitist and condescending.

Trading is no long going to be the core of Diablo as it should have been since the very beginning.
Reply Quote
Once again, self-found players want to impose upon everyone else their beliefs, and limit other's ability just so they can measure up. Just because you are unwilling to do something, does not mean other people should be brought down to your level. Players have the right to decide what is best for them, and if you are unwilling to adapt, then you need to learn to live with it and suffer the consequences, rather than crying about your inadequacy until you ruin things for everyone else. Trading is a core element of Diablo, it is and always has been, BOA is NOT an element that belongs in Diablo in any way for any reason. If you support BOA, you do not deserve to call yourself a Diablo player, and you certainly are not a true fan of the franchise.

You're pointing the blame of the upcoming changes in the wrong direction. What is happening is strictly Blizzards decision. SF supporters had nothing to do with what Blizzard decided is in their best interest. Stop blaming self found players. It's making you look very silly and misinformed.
Reply Quote
The more I think about it, the more I want BoA.

BoT and BoE are really good for botters, and BoE is really good for flippers.
Reply Quote
@yougotganked
You're describing your own personal feelings on the matter. Try to consider that your opinion may not be the opinion of others.
Edited by Otis#1467 on 11/16/2013 8:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]