Diablo® III

This is Diablo right?

Idk why these devs are persistent on removing everything that makes a diablo game a diablo game from d3, but this wont be a diablo game much longer if they keep it up.
-No skill trees
-No stat points
*Both are different from Paragon Points
-3 Tutorials with only one true challenge difficulty
-No Cain
-BoA Gear
-No PvP
-No ladder
-No Charms
-No runewords
-Not even the names Normal, Nightmare, Hell.
Some things on the list did not exist in d1 but were examples of how d2 build on d1's foundation to improve gameplay
I understand the devs are trying to create something different, rather than D2 with better graphics.. But D1&2 laid a solid foundation.. why not build on that? Why scrap everything?
Edited by Soul#1183 on 11/17/2013 10:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 09:57 PMPosted by Soul
-No skill trees

No offense, just want to clarify :)
1) D1 don't have skill tree
2) Actually the relationship of D3's active skills is tree structure!.
Reply Quote

D1 had no skill tree correct, but you had to find the skills you used, which was a pretty good idea.
D3's skills are not a tree structure, maybe you can see it that way as far as the way the are layed out, but its just a boring unlock everything as you level process.
The entire game is completely mindless and was created so that even a retarded person could play if they wanted to... the game has no thought involved whatsoever.
Just click click click..
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 10:16 PMPosted by WCLee
-No skill trees

11/17/2013 10:21 PMPosted by Brad
You basically just described D2 by itself, D1 didn't have runewords and charms if I recall, and this is D3 with a new developer team.

While D1 didn't have skill trees, rune words, or charms, this is structure d2 built on top of d1s foundation in order to make a better game.

Yea its a new developer team, but if they were going to drastically change everything why even make it diablo?
Reply Quote
there getting ready to turn diablo into a MMO.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 10:33 PMPosted by Brad
You mean D3 doesn't give you the illusion of thought like D2 did right? I mean you are allocating points in a skill when you already know what your build is going to look like end game. You really did not make any separate choices to get to where you were when you got to Hell. Sure you can go in whatever order you want at allocating your points, but the end is the same. Yet another inmmersive illusion.

This is part of that foundation building I was speaking of earlier.
D3 could have easily built on this design and improved it instead of trashing it all together.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 10:25 PMPosted by tbagala
D3's skills are not a tree structure, maybe you can see it that way as far as the way the are layed out, but its just a boring unlock everything as you level process.

The logical structure/relationship of D3's skills is exactly tree structure. But agree that you can refuse to accept it as a tree. D2 & D3 use 2 totally opposite unlock system! In D2, the higher the level of character, the lesser the choice of skill (unless you can accept a non-100% version of skill). In D3, the higher the level of character, the more the choice of skill. Two kind of feelings.

BTW, I just want to clarify that D3 have skill tree, not asking people to accept it :)
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 10:52 PMPosted by Soul
D3 could have easily built on this design and improved it instead of trashing it all together.

How are you defining "building upon" vs "trashing?" Because right now, it seems like you're defining those terms as "anything D2 changed," and "anything D3 changed," respectively.
Edited by WDrSharkon#1325 on 11/17/2013 11:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
The logical structure/relationship of D3's skills is exactly tree structure. But agree that you can refuse to accept it as a tree. D2 & D3 use 2 totally opposite unlock system! In D2, the higher the level of character, the lesser the choice of skill (unless you can accept a non-100% version of skill). In D3, the higher the level of character, the more the choice of skill. Two kind of feelings.

BTW, I just want to clarify that D3 have skill tree, not asking people to accept it :)

Care to explain how it's a tree system when no 1 skill is a prerequisite to any 1 other as well as the lack of need of points to be distributed to build a specific spec which would in turn be permanent?
You just level up, unlock, level up, unlock et cetera et cetera, choosing whatever you want.
To have a tree you must have a starting point and then a build up to create something specific..
D3 does not have this
Edited by tbagala#1621 on 11/17/2013 11:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
This is D3, a game different than D1 or D2, with new features, rules, mechanics, engine, etc.

While it is your right to compare D3 to previous installments of Diablo series, it makes no reasonable objective argument, it is only your personal preference.

For a game with 14-15 million sales, it is impossible to satisfy the personal preferences of all players. Thus, trying to persuade people that D2 systems were better is futile.

Free advice from your friendly neighbor, Nyarlathotep.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 11:27 PMPosted by NYARLATHOTEP
This is D3, a game different than D1 or D2, with new features, rules, mechanics, engine, etc.

This is true, the problem is not that D3 is different or that it has new features, the problem lies in the fact that these new devs deviated from what Diablo is all about.
It is no longer an ARPG, all thought process has been stripped away, leaving a shell of mindless, arcady-click-and-see-flashy-colors-on-your-screen, boringness..
Skills (both mechanical and player-based) no longer server a purpose on their own, this game is 100% about gear and nothing else.

There is no challenge, leveling characters is tedious and monotonous, there is no level randomization. Just a linear walk through the park.
Boring 'monster' affixes (yes, monsters.. when the hell has Diablo been about monsters? we slay demons in Diablo, He is the lord of the burning Hells afterall, this isn't my little pony, no matter how much they want it to be).
Without DarkD3, the game is a ridiculously colorful headache, the game has no pentagrams, no bloodied impaled bodies hanging off of the walls, no eerie ambiance, none of that..

The game has been made for children, yet they slapped an M rating on the box, which for the life of me I still haven't been able to understand why.
If you played Diablo or Diablo 2, and I mean played it, not just turned it on for an hour, killed a couple things and quit.. then you'd understand where OP is coming from.

This is no longer Diablo, it's something else entirely.
Sure we may have classes, skills, and loot... but so do many other games.
Diablo was what it was for specific reasons, and D3 fits ZERO of that criteria.
This game is Diablo in name only.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 11:41 PMPosted by tbagala
the problem lies in the fact that these new devs deviated from what Diablo is all about.

... I got to kill Diablo for the third time...

or did I miss the part where this wasn't a Diablo game?
Reply Quote
... I got to kill Diablo for the third time...

or did I miss the part where this wasn't a Diablo game?

Oh, that creature with breasts was Diablo? Oh right..
They royally screwed up the entire story, killed off Cain with a butterfly, turned Diablo into a she-male, butchered the Butcher, destroyed all aspects of ARPG, made the game a straight run from start to finish with no exploration along the way, and called it a day.
Between that and the unicorns I'm still leaning toward no... no this isn't Diablo,.. only in name.
Edited by tbagala#1621 on 11/18/2013 12:03 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]