Diablo® III

RoS beta questions/tests? Ask away!

Hypersonic thanks for the more information on what you were meaning. I have been guilty many times in my life trying to fill the gaps of what I thought some one was meaning to be proven wrong. Goes to show you can't teach a old duck new tricks.

From some of the items I have seen I think there are some new and exciting affixes.

I.e when health below 30% all hit are crit hits.

Could make for a strange new build where you try and run at low health?

Or it may not work at all. But I am looking forward to new gear and seeing what can be combined into some new toon builds

Regards
LameDuck
Reply Quote
Whats your normal latency Narull, and hows the latency in the beta, hows the rubberbanding and all that stuff, have blizzard done anything to help us with latency?
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
Interesting points Hypersonic, but I think making something feel 'overpowered' is bad, I mean take the 1 hour shrines legendary atm, it is massively OP and I and others agree it won't make it to live in it's current form.

Now say all legendaries where like that and they made it to live, everyone would just be after those and Blizz would have to either balance the game based around people being insanely buffed(ie make the normal gamer really hard) or just let people be gods(people complain it's too easy), either way it's a loss.

But if they add in legendaries like current that give you options o f trying new things it doesn't make you godly just switches things up. Every legendary I've gotten I've thought of an discussed weird builds that could be tried with them and tried some of them. That's what I think Blizz where going for and they succeeded.

Just my thoughts, I like this discussion and am happy to send feedback and such if you like, just need to discuss it. :)

11/26/2013 03:56 AMPosted by Mike
Whats your normal latency Narull, and hows the latency in the beta, hows the rubberbanding and all that stuff, have blizzard done anything to help us with latency?

I'm a bad example here, I'm with internode who I think are the best for D3, my ping is a constant 220 in live or beta and in live or beta I don't feel rubberbanding. Sorry.
Reply Quote
11/26/2013 04:15 AMPosted by Narull
Now say all legendaries where like that and they made it to live, everyone would just be after those and Blizz would have to either balance the game based around people being insanely buffed(ie make the normal gamer really hard) or just let people be gods(people complain it's too easy), either way it's a loss.

How about limiting the number of special effect legendaries you can have on (no limit on legendaries that dont have special powers)? If you have 1 hour shrines you cant have invisibility. Make the limit 3 or something, as legendaries may combo off each other and produce interesting play.
Reply Quote
Question which may have been covered.

When paragon 2.0 hits and you get paragon point, do you lose the main stats you earned with PLs (300 main stat on p100 toon)?
Thats a decent loss of stats there. I know you can assign paragon points to make them back up though
Reply Quote
11/26/2013 01:22 PMPosted by WAZZ
Question which may have been covered.

When paragon 2.0 hits and you get paragon point, do you lose the main stats you earned with PLs (300 main stat on p100 toon)?
Thats a decent loss of stats there. I know you can assign paragon points to make them back up though

Yes, that is what is currently happening when FNF beta testers convert existing toons over - you lose all bonus stats gained from paragon levels.
Reply Quote
Giving this a bump as I've been lucky enough to receive a key for the beta.

If there is anything you want to know, I'll do my best to answer or test it. I play a monk, wiz, WD and barb, and I'm leveling a crusader. Yet to hit 70 with any class but I am working on it with my monk
Reply Quote
12/17/2013 04:39 PMPosted by WAZZ
Giving this a bump as I've been lucky enough to receive a key for the beta.

If there is anything you want to know, I'll do my best to answer or test it. I play a monk, wiz, WD and barb, and I'm leveling a crusader. Yet to hit 70 with any class but I am working on it with my monk

Lucky you :)

I have been trying to farm mats for crafting. I build a TR monk so that I can hit all those weapon racks as that seem the best way to farm white item.

Since I am stuck at level 60 without ROS, crafting seem to be useless. White items are hard to come by and with the high crafting cost, it's kind of frustrating.

Anyone with ROS, with the mob density fixed torment 1+, do the white items drop at a good rate?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]