Diablo® III

What do you think Malthael’s plans are?

12/09/2013 08:14 PMPosted by BeastMode
I'm sure Malthael thinks that he is the only one able to keep the black soulstone safe sense he thinks nothing can stop death. Malthael wants to keep the soulstone safe untill he can figure out a way to destroy it. Malthael thinks that he is not corrupt and all he wants to do is destroy all the demons and anything even part demon so i dont think he would use tainted power sense he himself is still an angel and he thinks hes doing the right thing.

Yeah this.

Because Diablo and his brothers were consumed by the black soul stone when they got close do it, perhaps Malthael could amplify the stones powers a millionfold and channel it across plains to rip out the souls of all evil and bind them to the stone. To do this Malthael needs souls of the nephalem, to amplify it.
Reply Quote
Malthael Intends to destroy both heaven and hell. As the former aspect of Wisdom, he sees that the Eternal Conflict has already transcended the original combatants, rendering both the High Heavens and the Burning Hells obsolete. Since neither the Prime Evil nor the Archangel of Valor are capable of defeating the Nephalem, the only way to maintain balance is to destroy the other worlds, for if either side were able to harness the Nephalem to fight for their side, the conflict would be over.

The heavens are weak, not yet recovered from Diablo's invasion, so Malthael will destroy them last. First, he needs the souls of the seven evils to unlock the gates of hell, for within the depths of hell lies the Black Spine. Much the way the Crystal Arch is all that remains of the titan spirit of Anu, the Black Spine is all that remains of the titan spirit of Tathamet. Malthael will destroy the spine, forcing the demons to either shed their powers and join Sanctuary as Tyrael did, or be destroyed along with their world.

Next, Malthael will turn to the Heavens. The shattered Diamond gates, his heritage as a former Archangel, Malthael will have only Imperius to face before shattering the Crystal arch.
Reply Quote
12/10/2013 06:30 AMPosted by henzollern
Malthael Intends to destroy both heaven and hell.

He should have killed human Tyrael then.

What it seems is, Malthael cares only about the destruction of evil, he knew Tyrael had no evil in him so he left him be (after touching his soul).
Reply Quote
12/10/2013 08:25 AMPosted by Null
Malthael Intends to destroy both heaven and hell.

He should have killed human Tyrael then.

What it seems is, Malthael cares only about the destruction of evil, he knew Tyrael had no evil in him so he left him be (after touching his soul).

Nah, still works with my interpretation. Human Tyrael is no longer of the high heavens and also does not have the power of a Nephalem to stop Malthael in his quest to transcend the Eternal Conflict.I'm probably wrong anyway, but the thing that stuck out to me about the black soulstone was when Kulle said there were wars to come between angels and men and that it had the power to free the Nephalem from the tyranny of both heaven and hell.
Reply Quote
12/10/2013 06:30 AMPosted by henzollern
Malthael Intends to destroy both heaven and hell. As the former aspect of Wisdom, he sees that the Eternal Conflict has already transcended the original combatants, rendering both the High Heavens and the Burning Hells obsolete. Since neither the Prime Evil nor the Archangel of Valor are capable of defeating the Nephalem, the only way to maintain balance is to destroy the other worlds, for if either side were able to harness the Nephalem to fight for their side, the conflict would be over.

The heavens are weak, not yet recovered from Diablo's invasion, so Malthael will destroy them last. First, he needs the souls of the seven evils to unlock the gates of hell, for within the depths of hell lies the Black Spine. Much the way the Crystal Arch is all that remains of the titan spirit of Anu, the Black Spine is all that remains of the titan spirit of Tathamet. Malthael will destroy the spine, forcing the demons to either shed their powers and join Sanctuary as Tyrael did, or be destroyed along with their world.

Next, Malthael will turn to the Heavens. The shattered Diamond gates, his heritage as a former Archangel, Malthael will have only Imperius to face before shattering the Crystal arch.

I like your Idea.

Maybe Mal (why not :) ) will banish the members of the angiris council into the black soulstone as well to maintain the balance. With the prime and the lesser evils gone, hell isn't as powerfull as before and could lose to the high heavens.

Or, Mal wants to banish all the prime and lesser evils together with the members of the angiris council to fuse them into one balanced beeing that existed in the first place (if I recall right).

BUT, whatever his plans are they fail in the end. The black soulstone gets destroyed and unleashes the evils inside (now maybe fused into one beeing - Belmodan Diablo?)

@Blue: Do we get a price if we are right? ^^
Reply Quote
Malthael is using the Black soul stone to absorb all of the souls of the nephalem and demons (our demon souls in general). Imprisoning them forever, but we know that the stone isn't stable because a piece already fell off. It probably has one of the prime or lesser evils in it. Malthael will realize that the missing piece is crucial for his plan to work, but it will be too late.
The stone won't be able to contain all of the souls, and it will detonate in a fantastic explosion after the Nephalem (barb, DH, Monk, WD, Wiz, Crusader) defeats Malthael (who retreats to the stone as a last resort to try and defeat the Nephalem), releasing all of the evils' (except one), demons', and nephalem souls.
The evils (particularly diablo since he is the most devious) will take advantage of all the souls released in some way. At the same time, Malthael's soul will be ripped apart because he'll be right next to the stone when it explodes, lost forever. Which will piss Imperius off immensely because his brother couldn't be saved through "temporary death". The Hero Nephalem will still escape with the help of Tyreal.

Malthael wants everything that is evil destroyed, he wouldn't seek to use it's power?

What about the broken shard? That'll crumble with the destruction of the master stone, and the prime evil within it will possess the nearest vessel...on to the new expansion.
Reply Quote
I bet he thinks that since he "Reaps Souls" he can harness the power of the prime evils...

With that said, why would that be righteous? *cough*

Maybe he wants to end the eternal conflict once and for all. Which could be viewed as a "good" cause since that means, no more hell, or heaven.

El' Druin passed through him, essentially making the path hes on good and whatnot. But after gaining control of the Soulstone, he might think otherwise... in any case, he wouldnt be the protagonist if he simply invited you to see him destroy the soulstone....

Speculation, upon speculation. Im looking foward to it though, i just dont need another "General of Hell aka. Azmodan" telling me his every move, that's just sooo sooo stupid.
Edited by Supernatural#2407 on 12/10/2013 10:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/10/2013 10:46 PMPosted by Supernatural
El' Druin passed through him, essentially making the path hes on good and whatnot.

Tyreal has already told us why his sword passed through malthael without harming him in beta campaign game play. He's in a state of life and death so he can't take any physical damage. "There is no justice in murder", so El' Druin would have harmed malthael otherwise. Tyreal said that removing the demonic essence from humans (nephalem) would kill them (maybe it won't?). Since the eternal conflict isn't the nephalem's war, their casualties are not a just reason for malthael to kill them. He wants them dead because they can choose to be evil/be corrupted, which doesn't make them all evil necessarily.

We know malthael is using the stone to purge all realms of demonic essence which will kill all humans/demons at the same time. What we don't know is what is he planning to do with the stone if he accomplishes this. We don't know if harnessing souls with the stone will backfire on malthael.
Reply Quote
You already banned one guy for guessing Diablo III's story. Why would we risk banning for such a pointless question?

I would go search for the original post, but the D3 team isn't worth the time or effort. Going to make us pay for a sub par product again. I'll pass till its proven to be fixed.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Nox
I think he plans to use it to trap all of the demonic souls in Sanctuary, including those of the nephalem, and then jam it into his head like the guy at the end of Diablo 1 in an ill-advised attempt to contain them forever.

Then, Diablo III: Redemption will see Malthael become an amalgamation of all the evil in the world. Diablo himself tries to break free and help the player.

Diablo III: God of Hell will see God himself attempt to aid the player, having lost his Nephalem powers to Diablo when he broke free of the Demonic Amalgam and absorbed Demonic Malthael's powers and then some.

I've got this all figured out. And we'll discover in Redemption that it was Malthael who told the Wanderer to stuff the stone in his head, knowing Diablo would win, and set off the events of Diablo 2. In God of Hell, we learn why.
Edited by Domiran#1424 on 12/12/2013 9:46 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]