Diablo® III

Port Forwarding settings

Narull,
Some time ago I was having problems with lag and disconnections. Error 3007 mostly, so
I set up my Cable modem using unrestricted communications on ports 80,1119, and 6881-6999.

I have very little problems since doing that many months ago. I'm now have very similar problems again . Check my modem settings and appear to still using those settings.

First question are these ports setting still correct ? or have they been changed.
Second question if not changed, any suggestion why I might be having the similar problems again.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Same settings mate, nothing has changed as per https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/firewall-proxy-router-and-port-configuration

Is it 3007 you're having? or something else? and are you using the battle.net launcher or the old one?
Reply Quote
Ye it has been 3007 error requiring a re log in
Had many 3007 last night
Had no 3007 today but now getting time outs.

I think I'm using the launcher , it auto checks for updates before allowing play . ? is the correct one ?
Reply Quote
Narull,

I contacted Netgear , my cable wireless gateway. They found an issue with cable open ports conflicting with the wireless ports.
This has been resolved and after 30 minutes in game, I have found it to be running more stable so far.
I will confirm problem solve, after a few more hours of play.
Edited by Sydknee60#1652 on 12/7/2013 11:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Hope that fixes it mate! Know these things can be frustrating.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately, It hasn't.
What confuses me is that at first I thought there had been some improvement. But I have had more errors 3007 again today for the first time in days ??
The lag issues have come and gone. One day I would almost have nil issues and the next day lag problems.
It is inconsistent which makes me think its not related to my Desktop. Friends are experiencing the same lag issues.
So I'm a loss at what to try next. Re: The error 3007
Any suggestions.
Reply Quote
have you tried a cabled network connection?

It could be an issue between wireless network card in your pc and the router...

I use 4g at home... if I have the device connected directly to my PC (with cable) - no issues...

If I run on wireless connection ... it's ok when out mashing baddies - as soon as I port to town... I get dc'd!

Just a thought and worth testing in my opinion
Reply Quote
Nick,
Thankyou for your reply. I have just being in contact again with the help centre of Netgear (my gateway /modem). I have made a very slight different adjustment to the open port protocol settings of my modem/gateway.
I am in the process to playing to see if it has made any improvement. So far so good.
Netgear centre tells me that I have the correct gateways open. They do not believe that the issues are the Gateway.
I will give it a few days. If it hasn't fixed the issues , I would tend to agree that it is not my gateway or my system.
Reply Quote
Sorry failed to state I'm connected directly via cable and have, removed any Wireless connection ability which has speed up my connection speed. all changes I have made have made improvements.
however the route of the problem has still persisted up till my last adjustment . which I will now give a few days to test.
Reply Quote
Ok this looks promising will comment after a few days.

What I changed in my modem gateway settings

Open port 80 from TCP to both .
All other ports I already had set to both
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Here's hoping mate.

I'm happy to chase up more fixes and such, but it's kinda a difficult one. =/
Reply Quote
Well, played for a few hours last night with no problems at all . Today only after 30 minutes or so in the game I have had my first disconnect with error 3007.
I question why is it so random, not to have any one day and then the next issues and it goes away for a day or again to return.
Reply Quote
Narull
I discovered that I'm getting drop exactly on the hour from the time I log into D3 . How can that be ??? Something is timing me out every 60 minutes .

Is this something Blizzard would do to combat BOTs or something ???
Edited by Sydknee60#1652 on 12/13/2013 10:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
12/13/2013 10:13 PMPosted by Sydknee60
Narull
I discovered that I'm getting drop exactly on the hour from the time I log into D3 . How can that be ??? Something is timing me out every 60 minutes .

Is this something Blizzard would do to combat BOTs or something ???

Never heard of Blizz doing anything like that. Can you open a cmd prompt and type "ping www.google.com -t" and just let it run, when you get DCed from D3 check it and see if it is still pinging or if it's getting timeouts, that way can see if it's your connection dropping out for a second or if it's battle.nets
Reply Quote
Ok hopefully, This may be the end of the saga. After about 6 disconnects 3007 yesterday in that many hours.
I reinstalled the Blizzard US downloader.
I also removed my LAN drivers and reinstalled from the motherboard installation disk.
I also double check that I have the correct gateways open to the correct IP address, now that it has new drivers been reinstalled.

Today I have had D3 since early this morning and it hasn't disconnected once and I have been in the green around 170 to 220 latency. Which I consider good to Normal for me.
If it is corrected, I have no idea what has actually fixed it :) But I will be happy.

I will let you know, if this is the norm over the next week. If it is, I will then considered it corrected.
Edited by Sydknee60#1652 on 12/14/2013 11:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
I will try this next if this fails

Can you open a cmd prompt and type "ping www.google.com -t" and just let it run, when you get DCed from D3 check it and see if it is still pinging or if it's getting timeouts, that way can see if it's your connection dropping out for a second or if it's battle.nets
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Let us know mate, here's hoping it is all good.
Reply Quote
Narull, It seems like it is fixed, have played a few hours over last two days and in between have left it in the Menu. There has been no disconnection issues.
So have no idea what was the issue. But it looks like it gone :) The latency also looks more consistent ? less large variation.
The 60 minute disconnect's is a strange one !!

Thankyou for your support.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]