12/09/2013 02:36 AMPosted by HypersonicHas Blizzard run out of ideas for the end game such that they have to throw it over to us to come up with ideas? Can't they figure it out themselves?
Regardless of the case, two respected posters are already way ahead of you - DamienJohn and Monstrous respectively:
How come players like these two can come up with simple, elegant ideas and Blizzard (with a lot of resources at their disposal) somehow struggles to get anywhere near as creative?
The lack of a credible end game just shows how shallow this game really is. There's no medium and long term goals and objectives, no competition amongst players, no challenges in which players can truly test how well they can play and no worthwhile rewards to show for it. We're still using beta avatars, more than 2 years after the start of the first beta test.
Hunting for loot just so you can get better at hunting for loot is not an end-game. So far in D3 and even in RoS beta, that is exactly what it is. It's dry, bland and will get boring within a short time. You had the best part of 18 months to come up with a mind blowing expansion but all that you have hammered out so far are Nephalem Rifts and bounties for the end game. Little talk of PvP and ladders. Nephalem Trials are on the backburner. It's pathetic even considering Blizzard's notoriously long development cycles.
You cannot possibly expect players to bang their heads against the wall with such a lack of end game options and call it fun or worthwhile.
PvPvE is a great addition for an end game and there are various flavours in which this can be done:
Boss gauntlet runs
- Timed challenge
- Kill random bosses in waves
- Multiple bosses in latter waves
- Includes entirely new bosses, not rehashed like ubers.
Themed siege modes
- Defend various towns/cities amongst a zombie apocalypse, demon invasion etc
- Towns/cities have various entry points
- Defend various objectives as they are attacked
- Use various town/city defenses at your disposal
- Gather materials or other items to prep the militia, soldiers to attack
- Random room(s), kill random demons in waves
- Waves get harder incrementally
- Boss every X wave
Never-ending boss battle:
- Endurance fight in an obstacle-based arena
- Players fight only 1 boss and nothing else
- Boss has unlimited HP thus it cannot die, hits harder and moves faster depending on how much damage it sustains
- Players must fight the boss to prevent it from killing them and dodging/avoiding the boss for too long will gradually enrage the boss, making it hit even harder and move faster
- Rewarded for passing certain milestones like surviving for 10 minutes, 20 minutes etc
All modes can be done solo, in groups up to 4 players (no competition) and in 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 setups. Each have sort-after, unique or worthwhile rewards.
All modes are tracked with scoreboards, rankings and ladders.
With the way things are going, these ideas seem well beyond the current D3 team's capabilities. It's all wishful thinking.
12/09/2013 01:30 PMPosted by CheehCDiablo 3 does not have any complexity/depth to the RPG side of the equation of this ARPG.
It has the A part done really well (way better than POE) but you need complexity in the game, especially the end game.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.