Diablo® III

End game feature suggestions

12/08/2013 09:37 PMPosted by Arcagnion
Hi all, we [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10786718635"]recently [/url] mentioned that we would love to hear your feedback/ideas on potential Diablo III end game features. And we of course want to hear from the ANZ community too! So head on over to add your ideas or just paste them below and I'll forward them on.

This system - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m59Qioc6Kq4 Make something like this and end gaming will be Awesome!!!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/11/2013 02:18 AMPosted by Tyrant
Arcagnion what End Game options would you like to see? You are a gamer right?

Hell yes I'm a gamer!
Can't say my ideas as they may be taken as confirmation of changes though. What I can say is I'm liking the direction we are taking for end game. Also all the community ideas from this thread will be submitted so if something is really unique be sure to contribute.
Reply Quote
Alot of people are talking about the lack of endgame now that trading is gone and bounties/nef rifts get boring fast, making them rage even more for the lack of PvP advertised in D3V's box so here is my thoughts/Ideas on a possible solution.

I think blizzard should Introduce the PvP arenas that we saw some time ago for team deathmatch which were pretty sweet but with a twist:

4v4 teams defend an obelisk on each side of the arena that has hp and deals damage, monsters spawn from portals for both teams all over the arena (elites included).
Obelisks attack only players but can only be damaged by monsters (to prevend spawn point ganking).
The objective is to kill the enemy team so the monsters destroy their obelisk while defending your own obelisk, first team to destroy the opposing obelisk wins.

Pretty simple idea, it uses assets already in-game and no real balance required since we will be dealing alot more with monsters than with players,
the rewards could be cosmetic only or it could have a rank making it semi competitive to climb the rank.

What are your thoughts on this mode? would it be a worthy addiction or just another fail?
I know there are alot of PvP or PvPvE ideas out there but i wanted to focus on a really simple one that could be implemented reasonably fast with no new assets required with the hopes of something of the sort being included in RoS
Reply Quote
12/11/2013 05:05 PMPosted by Arcagnion
What I can say is I'm liking the direction we are taking for end game.

I get the feeling that this "direction" will be very limited and will mainly revolve around different ways to farm loot and nothing else. The end game players (eventually) get is nothing like or falls well short of the end game players want.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 12/11/2013 8:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
Local Australian servers.
Reply Quote
I shared a concept of my personal "fantasy" endgame in this thread;

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10787138807

Obviously, implementing a feature of that scope in time for RoS launch is unrealistic based on limited time and resources, but the underlying theme behind the concept doubles as my feedback re: endgame functionality.

To elaborate, I think competitive elements are the answer to further developing the endgame, and to that extent I think the prospect of ladders looks very promising. I feel it can be pushed even further though, to give the playerbase more competitive options outside of simply "grind Paragon the fastest".

Some of the more simplistic competitive implementations could include rankings for Massacres, Mighty Blows and Boss Time Trials. Measurement of these elements already exists in-game to an extent, so it would just* involve applying existing client data to a ranking system.

* Still a hefty undertaking no doubt.

All in all, the endgame of Diablo has and always will be about the loot-hunt, but that doesn't mean it can't operate as a greater means to an end (that isn't solely farming efficiency). I firmly believe that interesting competitive elements would compliment that core aspect of the game, even moreso if those competitive elements encourage alternative gearing, builds and playstyles that the player wouldn't consider otherwise.

"Endgame for Everyone"
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 12/11/2013 11:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
What I personally want to see...

1. Epic boss arenas a possibility in Rifts - I like my ubers but we need some new mega monsters to take on.

2. Mini campaigns added every few month - lets face it, to keep things fresh, having a new 1hr mini campaign every few months would be nice. Let us travel to other parts of Sanctuary or relive past areas/events from the first two games.
Reply Quote
Now that the new ptr is out (Didn't get beta T_T) its hard to tell what is needed for end game because it seems that the whole dynamic of the game has changed. It's not longer about 'fly-spraying' mobs to watch your paragon slowly rise. I'd personally would like to see an option that you could lock your skills in and you are comitted to that build, the same way d2 or even poe works. It'd be optional like elective mode I guess, and you can only unlock after hitting level cap.
Reply Quote
12/08/2013 09:37 PMPosted by Arcagnion
Hi all, we [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10786718635"]recently [/url] mentioned that we would love to hear your feedback/ideas on potential Diablo III end game features. And we of course want to hear from the ANZ community too! So head on over to add your ideas or just paste them below and I'll forward them on.

How about an end game that involves Oceanic having it's own damn server for a start, you know one that's actually located in Oceanic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]