Diablo® III

Oceanic Servers...

After all these years how do we still not have an Oceanic based server!?

I mean if Riot can do it for League of Legends - what is stopping Blizzard doing it for D3, WoW, SC...?
Reply Quote
High cost of doing said hosting in the region... low customer base... the lack of return from said cost....

I wish they would too - but it seems that we have to live with 300ms on a good day... AND frequent 1500ms + spikes during beta / RoS testing.

Such is life.
Reply Quote
I can play comfortably with it at 300 to 400. but anything over 600 is hard to play and 1k+ is a joke.

I would love sub 200, but I can't see it happening.
Reply Quote
Hmm, I see the cost issue - but honestly, WoW alone would still return a LOT of profit, I'm starting to think that Blizzard are just being greedy.....

I can play on 250-300ms, I just get a lot of rubber banding... which is really !@#$ty if I wanna play HC.
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 04:08 PMPosted by NickBaldyM
High cost of doing said hosting in the region... low customer base... the lack of return from said cost....

I wish they would too - but it seems that we have to live with 300ms on a good day... AND frequent 1500ms + spikes during beta / RoS testing.

Such is life.

I guess those billions of WoW dollars just disappeared?
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Crushedazn
I can play on 250-300ms, I just get a lot of rubber banding... which is really !@#$ty if I wanna play HC.

Rubberbanding and ping are not always related. Rubberbanding is a desync issue and can be due to lost packets. The design of game mechanics can be improved to reduce the risk and having a properly located server with good local routes will help. But in the end, having Oceanic servers may not help - check the bug report forum and you will find that plenty of players in the US are complaining about rubberbanding.

My point is: stop using rubberbanding as a reason to get an Oceanic server as this will not fly. The lag spikes, however, are an issue. But distinguishing between load spikes (e.g. ping drops to 1000 because of a massive mob in FoM) and lag spikes (e.g. ping drops to 1000 while you're the only person in the game and you are sitting in town) isn't always so simple.

I am in Darwin and the internet up here is crap but I know most of my lag spikes come from massive mobs. Other than that, I get few connection problems other than the ones we all have - sitting constantly between 200 and 400ms - which, for me, is bearable.
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 06:31 PMPosted by abend
- sitting constantly between 200 and 400ms - which, for me, is bearable.

Yet the peeps in NA are complaining that the game is unplayable when ping goes over 150ms. I lol'd.
Reply Quote
Every other new game has servers over here.......cost is just not the issue anymore.

Blizzard simply don't care about gamers in this part of the world!

You may get the standard line 'we are looking into it' but that is just a lie...... RoS will come you will lag you will rubber band and you can't play HC.

Heroes of the Storm will be even worse, every tried to play Dota with a 250ms+ connection....yea it is just fail.

My advice give up on Blizzard as they don't care about you
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]