Diablo® III

Frost Bears

I like this rune so far. It is another damage output from the center of your character, but has a bigger range then COB. I like it better then Zombie Bears because, lets face it zombie bears are not the funnest thing to aim. At least with Frost Bears they go out in every direction so you are bound to hit something. I also just found a belt that gives a slow down proc to locust swarm, so practically I can slow down everything on the map by my locust swarm jumping form enemy to enemy. This helps slow down those pesky range monsters enough to catch up with them and spam frost bears on top of them. It is way more effective then grasp.
Reply Quote
I would consider using this skill if it actually did cold damage, not physical damage.
Reply Quote
Yeah it does not make much sense that it does physical damage rather then cold damage. I still enjoy using it though.
Edited by emagdniM#1169 on 12/14/2013 11:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
it does way less than CoB and PB still, and in the end the faster killing skill takes the cake. After playing around with it, I would still rather use one of the bat skills. If it slowed things or some of the sort then maybe.

The only thing I really liked about it, is that it does not have channeling aspect and so you can be more mobile than with bats. With that said smart playing mitigates the need to move around that much so meh.
Reply Quote
To each their own. I never really liked COB even though it does large amounts of damage. I don't like it's very limited range and having to stand still to channel it. I've always used bears over COB because of that. I'm just happy to be using a different skill really. I'm hoping to find some gear that will allow me to set up a decent pet build soon.
Reply Quote
quick 1min video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYbxlKvU5-g

tiklandian visage + horrify + lumbering cold
(horrify roots enemies for 8s)
Reply Quote
Mark my words guys....

I've been running Beta, I've been testing a lot of builds

You can forget about a summoning build being viable at Master level and above.

I will be giving Blizz a earful about this very concern.

Bears will be King again, TBH I don't think COB to be viable at Master level and above at all.
Jury's still out on this.

Again, what upsets me is that we again are limited to a very small % of skills to be our main damage dealers.

This is unacceptable to me
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/16/2013 10:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 10:48 AMPosted by REAPER666
Mark my words guys....

Bears will be King again, TBH I don't think COB to be viable at Master level and above at all.

Again, what upsets me is that we again are limited to a very small % of skills to be our main damage dealers.

Are things that different in Master at level 70? I don't have a beta invite, but at level 60 in Master it's a breeze. I've been able to switch a bunch of skills around, and even though they aren't the most effective, they still are doable. I obviously don't know yet about Torment. Thanks!
Reply Quote
12/16/2013 10:57 AMPosted by quesadilla
Are things that different in Master at level 70? I don't have a beta invite, but at level 60 in Master it's a breeze. I've been able to switch a bunch of skills around, and even though they aren't the most effective, they still are doable. I obviously don't know yet about Torment. Thanks!

Well TBH, I've been running ACT 5. The bad guy affixes are nasty, at least what I'm use to on D3V Acts 1-4.

I was planning on jumping around in the bounties and Rift runs on ACTs 1-4 and see what if any difference there is
Reply Quote
I'm holding out hope for this rune that they've done the mechanics right. It's been hard to tell watching streams since no one wants to keep it on their bar very long. I think the fall away may simply be there doesn't seem to be any +physical% elemental roll which will only hurt it in the long run.
Reply Quote
Some of the new elite affixes are nasty even in PTR.

It's like this: Nothing is hurting me and then suddenly the arcane beam does a !@#$ ton of damage, kind of like I was in MP10.

It's why I'm still using Spirit Vessel because some elite affixes are deadly and don't do damage that fits the content.
Reply Quote
keep in mind to my understanding a lot of affixes are bugged atm bypassing various defenses
Reply Quote
Mark my words guys....

please give them an earful :)
Reply Quote
Mark my words guys....

This makes me sad then. I was hoping to have more options then just bears or cob again. I was hoping that pets would actually be useful this patch. I switch between playing wizard and witch doctor. I can say the devs have done a great job on the wizard changes. Meaning.. that it now actually feels like the wizard is a powerful spell caster. Like the wizard class should of been in the first place. So why cant the devs do a better job on the witch doctor and give them more then one to two viable builds like the wizard. I am by no means asking for a nerf to wizards because they made them actually fun to play again. I have never been a fan of making one class weaker because another class is. I am saying they need to step it up on the witch doctor and make the witch doctor as fun to play as the wizard is now.
Edited by emagdniM#1169 on 12/16/2013 6:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
12/16/2013 06:29 PMPosted by emagdniM
Mark my words guys....

With all due respect, you have only been running the beta for, what now, like, 5 days? Give it some time before you just toss it out the window.
Reply Quote
With all due respect, you have only been running the beta for, what now, like, 5 days? Give it some time before you just toss it out the window.

you referring to summoning builds?
Reply Quote
View profile
Yes, yes I am.

I'm not saying pets dont need to be tweaked. I'm just saying playing for 5 days doesnt give you an absolute look at what they can/cannot do, especially when you yourself have said you are only running master.

Please, though, dont take my ignorance as an insult. I have no idea how the game scales as you level, but I know that lvl 70 ubers were a real PitA (on expert) when I played earlier.

One thing, though, am I the only one who doesnt remember the necro's skeletons standing up to insane foes? If anything, they were simply fodder. It is a little silly to expect our pets not to die. They should be a wall, if that's the wall you choose, to protect while you dish out some damage from behind.
Reply Quote
Yes, yes I am. I'm not saying pets dont need to be tweaked. I'm just saying playing for 5 days doesnt give you an absolute look at what they can/cannot do, especially when you yourself have said you are only running master.Please, though, dont take my ignorance as an insult. I have no idea how the game scales as you level, but I know that lvl 70 ubers were a real PitA (on expert) when I played earlier.One thing, though, am I the only one who doesnt remember the necro's skeletons standing up to insane foes? If anything, they were simply fodder. It is a little silly to expect our pets not to die. They should be a wall, if that's the wall you choose, to protect while you dish out some damage from behind.

All good bro,

I guess well see.

BTW guys Frost Bears are really fun..damage is subpar but Fun
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 12/17/2013 8:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
Any chance of seeing lumbering cold from a RoS perspective? I haven't found anyone aggressively positioning in the short stints I've seen them using this, usually just letting the periphery of the aoe do the work which is like never using walls to aim zombie bears. Also no pressure, I know things are busy atm.
Reply Quote
12/31/2013 06:52 PMPosted by Surijak
Any chance of seeing lumbering cold from a RoS perspective? I haven't found anyone aggressively positioning in the short stints I've seen them using this, usually just letting the periphery of the aoe do the work which is like never using walls to aim zombie bears. Also no pressure, I know things are busy atm.

sure bud, I can do some recording tomorrow
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]