Diablo® III

Frost Bears

12/16/2013 10:48 AMPosted by REAPER666
Mark my words guys....

I've been running Beta, I've been testing a lot of builds

You can forget about a summoning build being viable at Master level and above.

-You had no pet gear
-Your build was bad

With the right gear and build and someone in controls that knows what he´s doing and T3 will be doable as a pure summoner.

I allready saw a rift run in T1 by a dude who had 4 hours on his WD and he used a build for lol´s and he hadn´t played WD much in vanilla either.
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 05:41 AMPosted by Jumbasa
With the right gear and build and someone in controls that knows what he´s doing and T3 will be doable as a pure summoner.

I allready saw a rift run in T1 by a dude who had 4 hours on his WD and he used a build for lol´s and he hadn´t played WD much in vanilla either.

It would be nice if you link that video for us to see

The gear is not dropping for me atm...Blizz will need to address the drop rates a bit...as of yet I have not found any usable Leg gear for WD.

Perhaps these guys are running 8 hrs a day IDK, I have a life, so I cant do that

I might have to retract that comment about pets, but well see.
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 07:49 AMPosted by REAPER666

It would be nice if you link that video for us to see

The gear is not dropping for me atm...Blizz will need to address the drop rates a bit...as of yet I have not found any usable Leg gear for WD.

Perhaps these guys are running 8 hrs a day IDK, I have a life, so I cant do that

I might have to retract that comment about pets, but well see.

Just out of curiosity (since I always love summoner type builds), but what kind of gear would we be looking for come the XPAC to make summoners viable?
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 05:41 AMPosted by Jumbasa

Doable? sure, efficient? not so much.

Decked out in new rares and 2 legacy pieces of jewelry, I can smoothly run t1 with no sort of "game breaking" legs

450kish dps and 7mill+ toughness (more mit than vit btw)

Now take that same gear and a pet build does not even come close.

Here is my thinking: WD's need an active pet buffing skill set so instead of spamming attack spells you can weave different combos of active pet buffs. That would be be interesting to play I think.

However in the current beta build pets are indeed underperforming. Why should you need a game breaking leg just to be even with someone running rares?
Reply Quote
12/31/2013 06:52 PMPosted by Surijak
Any chance of seeing lumbering cold from a RoS perspective? I haven't found anyone aggressively positioning in the short stints I've seen them using this, usually just letting the periphery of the aoe do the work which is like never using walls to aim zombie bears. Also no pressure, I know things are busy atm.

would you like to see my fail vid Bud on Torment..or do you want to wait if I can get better gear?
Reply Quote
01/01/2014 12:31 PMPosted by Bahlmoral
Just out of curiosity (since I always love summoner type builds), but what kind of gear would we be looking for come the XPAC to make summoners viable?
Tasker and theo gives 100% attack speed to pets. Then there´s lots of fetish gear you need to be able to almost "spam" fetish army and you need those leg stats to make them somewhat/how viable..

Then you need +%dmg to fire spells and you need to use Gary with the rune that lasts only 15s, you also need to be able to "spam" him..

Build wise you need to use the new pet passive and JF possibly for fetishes and PtV to boost their dmg.

You need lots of pet gear and dps and +%fire dmg and some solid nuke. Yes it will be inferior to "normal viable builds" but atleast with all that you can do T1-3 and have fun.

It´s a huge step forward however it´ll take a long time to gather all that gear to make a summoner build and well tbh can´t expect anything better from this dev team.

My pet build will be boogieman and then blowing up 10 dogs with sacrifice while spamming teddies in keep2 since they went full retard with the creep density.
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 08:39 AMPosted by REAPER666
would you like to see my fail vid Bud on Torment..or do you want to wait if I can get better gear?

I'm happy to wait until you feel satisfied that it's workable, doesn't need to be gg gear, just enough to figure out how to keep health and mana up in the process when content is still challenging. If your video captures that then that's exactly what I'm interested in. Thank you for testing it out for me. :)

If you somehow managed to loot those illusory boots, even better, but good luck with the current drop rates.
Edited by Surijak#1957 on 1/2/2014 9:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/02/2014 09:48 AMPosted by Surijak
I'm happy to wait until you feel satisfied that it's workable, doesn't need to be gg gear, just enough to figure out how to keep health and mana up in the process when content is still challenging. If your video captures that then that's exactly what I'm interested in. Thank you for testing it out for me. :)If you somehow managed to loot those illusory boots, even better, but good luck with the current drop rates.

ok bud I figured as much...I just hope they improve drop rates so I can show more ;/

Its not even close to when they first released Family and Friends Beta
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]