Diablo® III

First Boss kill guaranteed legendary in RoS?

I've been reading around, and the impression I'm getting is that on a first boss kill, you'd get a guaranteed/higher chance at a legendary in RoS. Can anyone in the beta confirm this?

If this is true, I can just see myself grinding XP in Act 1 on a brand new Crusader and not killing Butcher until I'm lvl 70, since monsters gain XP as players do. This is NOT something I'm looking forward to.
Reply Quote
The leg drop rates from doing bounties and rifts are also pretty good from what I hear so you'll likely still go though the campaign as normal then switch to adventure mode to level up/gear up for the rest of the way. I think most of us have done the campaign to death now (though, I wouldn't mind going through Act V alone and then in a group).
Reply Quote
I think I read somewhere that all bosses now will have an increased leg drop rate... perhaps to increase play rates against bosses... cause honestly - who goes and fights Diablo unless you need to go up to the next difficulty level? Once you have completed inferno - the is hardly a reason to go back there again...
Reply Quote
I have tested this myself in the PTR. I deleted a couple of characters so that I had room to make two new ones. Then started levelling them.

The first character I levelled from 1 - 50 wearing some gear I had in my stash, but replacing it on the way through with the exp gear that was dropping. I did it with Calibr3 and we got our guaranteed legendary drops from the bosses, mostly under level 60 gear. 50 - 60, we dropped the difficulty down as the mobs were just too hard in master for our self geared characters.

Second time, around, the legendaries were not dropping very fast at all, and none from the bosses as we had already had them with the first character. Very disappointing to find that at 60, we had to don the sets we had brought in with us, just to survive on master. No upgrades to them have been found, I am hoping this improves as we level up to 70, but of course I couldn't test this because I don't have the Beta.

The legendary drop rate needs improving for sure. Low level legendaries are fun to find, but of absolutely no use to you in end game. Game plan at the moment would definitely be to level your crusader to 70 before doing boss fights, as the OP says.
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 05:13 PMPosted by Septimus
Game plan at the moment would definitely be to level your crusader to 70 before doing boss fights, as the OP says.

Wouldn't you just replay the boss fight (with NV stacks if required?)...

I suppose there is always adventure mode until LVL 70 - then run through the story line - or is adventure mode locked at first?
Reply Quote
cause honestly - who goes and fights Diablo unless you need to go up to the next difficulty level? Once you have completed inferno - the is hardly a reason to go back there again...

Yes Nick this is one of the current issues I see with the game As it is now,Diablo is supposed to be the end game boss but the drops from him/her are just pathetic.

If it was guaranteed a certain item would drop from it just the stats be bad to insane then it would be an incentive to revisit the Act, for that matter any of the bosses.

The same with ubers, although we get the organ a guaranteed level 63 item to match the class your currently playing would also be cool .

So downloading closed beta now and that I am back home with some R&R time to really play it, will be very interesting to see what drops are like.
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 06:11 PMPosted by YDFWM
now and that I am back home with some R&R time to really play it, will be very interesting to see what drops are like.

Good to hear you are back home mate - enjoy the Reap&Relax time (tm) - just rest occasionally OK ? :)
Reply Quote
I am looking forward to uber Diablo.
That better be an epic battle!!!
Reply Quote
hi YD, glad to see you are home again, stents went ok? Rest up, you have some epic fighting ahead of you.

Nick, NV is gone in PTR and Beta. No guarantee of anything worthwhile after the first fight with the first character. Magic find is also gone.
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Septimus
Magic find is also gone.

Thanks for the update Septimus, I knew MF was going - did not think anyone would really miss it either...
Reply Quote
playing through the quests with my crusader i can confirm that all the act bosses have been dropping legendary items. even a lot of the smaller bosses (SK, ZK and so on) have dropped them.
Reply Quote
12/18/2013 06:23 AMPosted by FlyingFroG
I've been reading around, and the impression I'm getting is that on a first boss kill, you'd get a guaranteed/higher chance at a legendary in RoS. Can anyone in the beta confirm this?

If this is true, I can just see myself grinding XP in Act 1 on a brand new Crusader and not killing Butcher until I'm lvl 70, since monsters gain XP as players do. This is NOT something I'm looking forward to.

i played a new wizard on the PTR last night and got to level 36.

1 legendary from Butcher
1 legendary from Belial
1 legendary from Azmodan
1 legendary from Raganoth
1 legendary from diablo.
1 legendary off white trash in act 4.
Edited by Bertross#6933 on 12/20/2013 12:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
Is this hotfixed now?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
02/28/2014 08:55 PMPosted by Warpath
Is this hotfixed now?

For new heroes only from lvl1-59 your heroes first kill of The Butcher, Belial, Azmodan and Diablo will drop a legendary guaranteed, but not and resets or if you killed them prepatch.

On live there is a bug currently that you will get a guaranteed legendary from Skeleton King every time you reset quests(which you have to finish the quests to do).

Blizz have said they are fixing this in a patch but are going to make Diablo drop a Legendary every time you reset quests.
Reply Quote
When RoS launched, will the lvl window be increase to 1-69 for the legendary on butcher etc?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]