Diablo® III

Mana Passives Too Similar

View profile
I sort of hate how Blood Ritual and Spiritual Attunement do almost the same thing just in a different way. I personally tend to use SA because it works a bit better with a one hander and helps a bit on GI/GF, but the difference is pretty minor (I don't find BR's life regen very necessary, I will readily admit that it will probably be super handy in ROS, however.)

I wish one of them helped w/ mana regen when there are fewer targets. Something like this:
"Your mana regeneration is doubled if there are 3 or fewer monsters within 30 yards." Then it would really fill a hole and make a discernible difference when picking one or the other.

I always found it odd how the game gets so much easier the larger the mob sizes were. Seemed counter-intuitive.
Reply Quote
I sort of hate how Blood Ritual and Spiritual Attunement do almost the same thing just in a different way. I personally tend to use SA because it works a bit better with a one hander and helps a bit on GI/GF, but the difference is pretty minor (I don't find BR's life regen very necessary, I will readily admit that it will probably be super handy in ROS, however.)
The underlined doesn't make sense, BR scales with attack speed which is higher with one handers, even if you go out of your way to pick up a ck + mojo with max mana rolls. Obviously it helps with GI/GF but given these are high density focused passives and your other comments, are you looking for the third wheel mana passive where GI/GF help in high density and then the third passive helps when you run out of trash to keep melting into mana?
Reply Quote
If I really have to give up SV (GI / GF are must have), technically I prefer BR as i can still cast spell when on low mana. Otherwise, I agree that SA should improve on the mana regen, seem too pathetic.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/30/2013 08:29 PMPosted by Surijak
The underlined doesn't make sense, BR scales with attack speed which is higher with one handers, even if you go out of your way to pick up a ck + mojo with max mana rolls.

Good point - I suppose I meant more along the lines that one of the reasons I prefer a one hander is because I also prefer higher mana regeneration rather than using it slower with a skorn. SA goes along with that. BR fits more of how a skorn uses less mana. Not that you can't mix the two obviously.

Also good point on GI as when that is kicking it, mana mostly doesn't matter. It does also work great with Honored Guest and then it does really matter. I do think with GF it is helpful, though, as elites are usually the only problem for mana and they drop globes at regular intervals which helps a lot when no trash is around.

With my personal setup, I got about 10% more bears with SA and combined with the above and the fact that on mp10 I don't find the regen very useful swung it to SA. But I ran both and didn't tell much difference, which is really my point :)

I'd really like a mana passive that helps when monster numbers are dwindling.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/30/2013 09:14 PMPosted by KentLau
If I really have to give up SV (GI / GF are must have)

Ya I run SV as well with Bats. I don't find a mana passive necessary at all for Bats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]