Diablo® III

Clan's, Community, and Trading. A Nephalem's tale.

TL:DR provided below

I would like to preface this post with my sincerest gratitude to everyone involved with making this patch happen. It's exactly what I've been waiting for, and it even added some more positive changes that I never even knew could be awesome.

That being said, I would like to discuss the trading restriction.
I believe I understand the reasoning behind it all. It makes players be more involved with each other, and makes it heaps better to enjoy the game in my opinion. While it's fun to play alone, synergizing skills and watching the seizure inducing results is always fun. So, now, we get even bigger buffs to xp, and made legendaries awesome but wait, there's more!
Act now and you and all your buddies get not one, not two, but 3 stacks of OMGZORZ xp buffs. Problems leveling your paragon before? Not anymore! With Blizzards new top of the line patch 2.0.1(a?). Kill the butcher, kill the butcher again, now kill the skeleton king, and look at that Inna's 4 piece skill! *audience gasps*

Anyway, hardcore digression, I propose a new change to the way things are going with trading.
With the new Clan feature, you can see what items your clan-mates have looted while you were off making money to pay rent, fill up gas on the way back home, get a flat tire, realize its 11 when you're home and you have work in 5 hours. But I ask, what is the point of seeing that stuff, if we can't trade them? Hey buddy nice BK ring, are you using it?....No?...Cool.............wish i had a stupid BK ring....
So why not let clan-mates have unlimited trading, or restricted trading (once a day/week), or extend the trade period time for clan members only.
This both stays consistent with the Blizzard (and my grandmother's) philosophy of "get out of the house and make some friends!" all the while re-introduces trading! Ok I'm done thanks.

TL:DR
Patch rocks, Trading should be back, Introduce a feature in Community/Clans that lets players trade with each other with little/no restriction.
Reply Quote
bump for discussion
Reply Quote
I agree with clan/community/friend list trading, but think it should be limited.

That is to say, an item can be traded 2/3 times then gets boa status. Put a "3/2/1 Trades remaining" in the spot where it now shows who/when it can be traded.

Or tradeable freely for 10/20/30 days then gets boa.

Either way, it needs boa to keep rmt at bay.
Reply Quote
This is exactly what i have thought of. When an item drops it should be tagged with your clan mark. Within 24 hours this item can be traded with any clan member (similar to the party trading).

And to not make this feature abusable, when someone joins a clan, he has a 24 hour probation time in which he is not allowed to trade with the members.

Also when being in a clan, there should be a 1% tax on all of the gold picked up and this should be send to the clan stash for later use. More features to come for the clan in which those gold will be used. Mainly for vanity stuff in PvP or Ladder events (if we will get ladders at some day).
Edited by frisch#2609 on 3/7/2014 2:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
I like the taxing idea as well, and a clan stash. I'm sure it's in the works because it's a good idea. But I was sad yesterday because I found a nice Skull Grasp, with Strength stats and I couldn't give it to my barb buddy because he wasn't in game.

I texted him to come to the game quickly only to discover that the 2 hour window is for players in the same party. *sobs*
Reply Quote
also, what about a clan buff? to xp or damage, you can put gold into investing into clan buffs.
Reply Quote
I can see this scenario:

Item farmer: Now selling
item 1 expires in X time
item 2 expires in X time
item 3 expires in X time

If you want to buy items from us you must have been a member for 24h, joining is free (or costs x and get the first item for free), join sellersMon for monk items, sellersWiz for Wizard items...

I think it would be better to make the item usable to the clan the item finder is currently in. Trading would be next to impossible and very troublesome if someone leaves, I know this would open up the doors for scammers BUT since its so unreliable for item sellers it would not be viable in the end. People who bought items would be furious after their items stops working when the trader leaves or they get kicked that they would never do it again. But if you are playing with friends and always keep playing in the same clan you could trade any item how ever you want whenever you want but only to clan members.
Edited by Vik#2492 on 3/10/2014 4:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 04:27 AMPosted by Vik
I can see this scenario:

Item farmer: Now selling
item 1 expires in X time
item 2 expires in X time
item 3 expires in X time

If you want to buy items from us you must have been a member for 24h, joining is free (or costs x and get the first item for free), join sellersMon for monk items, sellersWiz for Wizard items...

I think it would be better to make the item usable to the clan the item finder is currently in. Trading would be next to impossible and very troublesome if someone leaves, I know this would open up the doors for scammers BUT since its so unreliable for item sellers it would not be viable in the end. People who bought items would be furious after their items stops working when the trader leaves or they get kicked that they would never do it again. But if you are playing with friends and always keep playing in the same clan you could trade any item how ever you want whenever you want but only to clan members.

Yea looks like we have to be one step ahead of the scammers, and this idea isn't bad at all. Although it seems complicated to implement. I just think trading should be back, not the way it is right now. It sucks when I can't give my buddies upgrades I found.
Reply Quote
I also think it would be best to make items tradeable with everyone who is in your clan by the time it drops. You can just be in one clan, so there is no way of really exploiting it. Sure, there will be clans only for trading, but it would take some kind of commitment to just stay in there and wait for someone to drop what you want, since clans are just allowed to have 50 members (I read that, I hope its correct, dont beat me to it!). I think its perfect.
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 06:36 PMPosted by JonJon
So why not let clan-mates have unlimited trading, or restricted trading (once a day/week), or extend the trade period time for clan members only.

Why should only clan mates be able to trade legendary items? In fact, it's stupid enough that Blizzard thinks it's okay that only people who play in a group should be able to trade legendary items, being able to freely trade these within your clan it stark crazy.

I don't know why people keep suggesting and supporting this. It's stupid beyond belief.
Reply Quote
03/11/2014 02:15 AMPosted by Vresiberba

Why should only clan mates be able to trade legendary items? In fact, it's stupid enough that Blizzard thinks it's okay that only people who play in a group should be able to trade legendary items, being able to freely trade these within your clan it stark crazy.

I don't know why people keep suggesting and supporting this. It's stupid beyond belief.

Someone is mad....

Look guy, the fact of the matter is, that it is what it is. Blizzard is going to do whatever they want with the game, and if they find our input appealing, they may use it. Therefore we are DISCUSSING, not criticizing. These are "what if?" scenarios, brainstorms, and ideas in motion!
This patch displays many obvious points that Blizzard is making about their D3 philosophy:
1. Gameplay is important to them.
2. Balance is important to them
3. Community interactions, and mulitplayer aspects are important to them.
4. Community suggestions are important to them.

This new implementation is nothing more than them taking the best of our input with the best of theirs, and melding it into a finished product that *makes money* *is super fun* *pays respect to their consumer base*

We are adding positive discussion to assimilate with their philosophy. As of right now I think the trading restrictions are too restrictive. It takes away from one of my favorite things about D3, finding upgrades for your buddies. While I can live with restrictions, I am not much enjoying the ones we are set with. So it is our job to voice our opinions. I say the idea of clans has much, much, much potential. It can be a tool for many other awesome aspects of the game.
Reply Quote
03/11/2014 02:15 AMPosted by Vresiberba

If you don't like playing in a group/clan why do you even bother? Go play with yourself and stop bothering people that actually want to play with social interactions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]