Diablo® III

Upcoming Hotfixes - 3/21/14

(Sticky / Locked)

Community Manager
Some of you may have noticed I recently updated the Patch 2.0.3 Hotfixes to include a couple new upcoming changes. These hotfixes should be live later this afternoon, and we wanted to offer some clarification regarding these changes in advance (as well as to keep the Hotfix list clean of lengthy explanations).

• All class set items will now only drop in Torment I or above.

• We've been listening to player feedback on difficulty rewards, and one of the most frequent comments we receive is that Torment difficulty isn't rewarding enough. As a result, we've reached the decision to make class-specific sets, specifically Natalya’s, Immortal Kings, Tal Rasha's, Inna's, and Zunimassa's, drop only in Torment I or above from this point forward.

The class sets weren't designed as a progression, but rather as a lateral choice between different play styles. It makes sense for all of them to be obtained at the same difficulty level, alongside the other sets that will be available at 70 in Torment I+. This should also make these very strong items a little bit more rare, and when you reach level 70 and you see someone wearing a full set, you’ll know the level of play they needed to reach in order to acquire those items.

The reward level of each difficulty setting and how they feel is very important to us, and it’s something we’ll continue to observe and tweak as we enter the expansion.

• Reduced the amount of experience granted by monsters with lower than average health pools.

• It took us some time to evaluate whether or not we wanted to alter some of the current most popular runs. Our baseline for comparison for these alternative runs is to see how they stack up versus Adventure Mode and Bounty runs, and these different types of play should be on par (or at least fairly close). After extensive testing, we were finding this wasn't the case and came to the decision to make these changes. It’s a decision we wrestled with for a while, but ultimately, we want to avoid situations where the most efficient game play isn't necessarily the most engaging and our investigations revealed this to be that kind of situation. We want a larger variety, rather than only one or two particular routes, to be the most rewarding way to play.

On a related note, we know a lot of you are still preparing for the launch of Reaper of Souls, so we’re also upping the ante on the Community bonus experience event. Starting right now and for this weekend only, the bonus experience provided will be upped from 50% to 100%. This should help you get all your nephalem heroes leveled and geared up for the battle against Malthael!
    I want T1 to be the baseline for gearing characters, but I also worry how much harder it will be at 70 and with new fresh characters who don't have access to things like trifecta amulets, rings, and gloves. Even gearing up in easier difficulties is difficult because it's hard to get the big damage items such as the rings/amulets/gloves in order to be efficient in T1+.
    Edited by SOC#1607 on 3/21/2014 1:53 PM PDT
    View profile
    AWESOME SAUCE!!! Thank you!!!!
    03/21/2014 01:02 PMPosted by SOC
    how much harder it will be at 70 and with new fresh characters who don't have access to things like trifecta amulets, rings, and gloves.

If your new character is having a hard time you lower the difficulty level until you're at a point you can raise it. New accounts etc.
    Edited by Rambro#1133 on 3/21/2014 1:05 PM PDT
    90 Orc Warrior
    03/21/2014 12:56 PMPosted by Nevalistis
    Reduced the amount of experience granted by monsters with lower than average health pools.

Exactly which "lower than average health pool" monsters will this be affecting? Mainly, which runs were you guys looking forward to nerfing due to this?
    LOL, when people said "Make Torment more rewarding than chain running lower difficulties" they didn't mean "take good drops out of lower difficulties" they meant "buff the drop rate in torment"

This will not end well.
    Instead of nerfing things.

1) Why not give a bonus to increase the drop rate of set items different levels of torment?
    2) Increase the reward for Adventure Mode and Bounty runs AND then just adjust tail end exp tables like you already have done before perhaps 700 - 800.

There's no incentive in regards to gear to do any torment higher than T1 from what you're saying. It should be scaled to some degree.

I assume you have just nerfed any run with trash mobs when it seems apparent to me that if your Adventure Mode and Bounty runs give less than comparable exp as COTA / Cath4 / Keeps 2, then you should just buff the exp and rewards from Adventure and Bounty runs.
    reeeeep cota and RA
    Good move on the class specific sets.
    Disappointed about the set item change, but as long as legendaries are still dropping in Expert and Master, it shouldn't be a hindrance. Just have to make sure there's still enough dropping in Master and below to allow players to gear up to be able to survive in Torment I.
    GReatz News
    i just kill Bashiok hope he not mad at me :)
    How about we start buffing stuff instead of nerfing stuff? The reason Torment isn't rewarding enough is that it doesn't have increased Legendary/Set drops, even though it's stated that way, I have not seen a single player come forward and say that they get more Legendaries on Torment VI compared to Normal. All you're doing is making Torment I the baseline to farm instead of Normal.

The only decision that you should need to make is whether you are geared enough to do the next torment efficiently. Lower difficulties should never have better legendary drop rates. Farming Legendaries? Do Normal (Now T1). Farming XP? Do highest Torment you can do efficiently.
    "lower than average health pools" is such a vague term... Thanks for clearing things up as always Blizzard!
    So I guess bye bye CoTA runs?
    Wonder which other monster are considered lower than average health pools?

"Respect The Shield"
    Clan Ασπις http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/barbarian/passive/sword-and-board

We Are The Banned of Gamers
    I'm always playing on T1 or above so it won't really affect me...

Will set items drop more than they do right now? Will Nat set be improved?
    When people asked for things to be more rewarding that means raising drop rates and giving more Xp not nerfing what is good so it can all be terrible equally .
    Basically most of the trash mobs probably have lower than "average" hp.

I wouldn't be surprised that this was a game wide nerf.
    "We've been listening to player feedback on difficulty rewards, and one of the most frequent comments we receive is that Torment difficulty isn't rewarding enough."

So, instead of making torment more rewarding, you made lower difficulties less rewarding. Fail again blizzard.
    T6 should have all kinds of special stuff and even more special stuff on T6 hardcore.
    And lowering the exp from mobs in certain areas so that you force people to stop leveling there. Again, this is a nerf, not a way to improve other areas.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]