Diablo® III

Upcoming Hotfixes - 3/21/14

(Sticky / Locked)

I dont see why so many ppl point the gun right at blizz for these nerfs i believe that 99% of the fault should be pointed at the ppl who use these runs to try and get ahead yea sucks we get caught in the shotgun blast but blizz is just trying to move ppl away from running a single thing for weeks on end then quiting cuz they get bored of running that 1 quest over and over again ppl just need to play the game iv grown over 200 paragon lvls without useing any farms or quick win ways of playing i just play the game
03/24/2014 02:37 AMPosted by Chaosbringer
I dont see why so many ppl point the gun right at blizz for these nerfs i believe that 99% of the fault should be pointed at the ppl who use these runs to try and get ahead yea sucks we get caught in the shotgun blast but blizz is just trying to move ppl away from running a single thing for weeks on end then quiting cuz they get bored of running that 1 quest over and over again ppl just need to play the game iv grown over 200 paragon lvls without useing any farms or quick win ways of playing i just play the game

No. Stop being a fanboy and missing the point. Regardless of whether or not there was any farming going on, it's the NERF MENTALITY of Blizzard that's under fire. It's like a stupid passive-aggressive chick bad-mouthing and insulting everyone so she'd appear better in comparison.

If we want something buffed, Blizzard would, by default, NERF THE REST FIRST so the thing we'd like improved would look more useful, stronger, and more attractive. This is not exactly illogical, but it's cheap and it's dirty. It speaks a lot about the power of money, and Blizzard is in pursuit of money, not us.

Go rob a bank, Blizzard. Stop wasting your time making games because you're clearly inept at it.
I lol'd hard... seriously so if you cant figure out how to resolve the problem you just eliminate the issue causing the problem?

even horses can think in a bit imaginative way LOOOOOOOL
03/21/2014 12:56 PMPosted by Nevalistis

We've been listening to player feedback on difficulty rewards, and one of the most frequent comments we receive is that Torment difficulty isn't rewarding enough. As a result, we've reached the decision to make class-specific sets, specifically Natalya’s, Immortal Kings, Tal Rasha's, Inna's, and Zunimassa's, drop only in Torment I or above from this point forward.

Please point out where people asked you guys to nurf other difficulties and leave Torment lvls the same as they were.. because that's what you did.. If you took people asking for greater torment rewards as this I think you guys need to use better common sense.

The people want actual higher chances of drops in torment.. not this hidden increased drop rate per slider crap, honestly I don't believe it exists. If so people would not be farming normal for gear, it would pay off to farm torment.

You would think at this point you would be trying to get to people who are playing to spread the good word and get people to buy the game and expansion, but it doesn't seem like that is the intent as you keep pissing off your playerbase.

I quit a couple months after release and just recently came back.. Yes I bought ROS about a month ago.. But honestly if someone came to me today and asked if they should buy it I would say no, because it seems Bliz still hasn't learned.

This would be like me going to my boss and asking for a raise only to be told I will now have to work weekends in order to earn the same pay I was making before.
The buff i want is variety of legendaries i receive. I farmed alot...hours everyday, but got useless legendaries, over and over again, same item over and over again, like that nailbitter, i got 3 or 4 times, ourosboros i got maybe 5 times, hack, i got 3, idk which item again, but i always got the same item over and over again hours farming. and then my friend got online, farm for a minute or two, and bam, thunderfury...tal rasha...woot? and my drop still nailbitter....i spent hours vs my friends on a few hours less have the same quality of gears or at least real close, this made me frustrated a bit. wtf? and so many legendaries without a unique stat, just a normal items with legendaries color on it....WTFFTWFTWFTFWTFWTFTWFTWFTWFTFWT
Edited by SuperG#6926 on 3/24/2014 7:36 AM PDT
[quote="121866620292"]This would be like me going to my boss and asking for a raise only to be told I will now have to work weekends in order to earn the same pay I was making before.

More like your Boss telling you "No problem, I´ll just pay everyone else 10% less and you get to keep your current salary" "Aren´t you happy now? You´re the best paid employee!!"
03/24/2014 05:19 AMPosted by Sayoko
[quote]
This would be like me going to my boss and asking for a raise only to be told I will now have to work weekends in order to earn the same pay I was making before.

More like your Boss telling you "No problem, I´ll just pay everyone else 10% less and you get to keep your current salary" "Aren´t you happy now? You´re the best paid employee!!"

Great analogy. There seems to be a huge disconnect between what the players are asking for and what the developers think the players are asking for. We wind up getting massive nerfs to everything we find we enjoy. I wish the game could go back to how it was when 2.0 first went live. The game was much better then. It's been all downhill ever since.
View profile
You know, for once I'll give Blizzard a big, long standing applause. They made Diablo 3 a pretty fun game again come 2.0, but slowly, slowly makes it worse and worse. Why'd they make it so great with 2.0? To convince everyone to buy RoS. What happens when the clock is ticking, and they need more pre-sales? Add more rewards. Once they hit their number - in comes the massive nerfs the company has always been known for.

I'm playing on my 51 Monk right now on EXPERT and getting a bar for clearing an area. That's really how bad experience has been nerfed. Any thoughts I had of playing a Crusader are probably gone now, since leveling is going to be a giant chore once again. -Unless-, this is a plan to get even more money from D3, using new cash store features to replace the AH.

You know.

Pay for a level 60 for 60 dollars.
Pay for an XP buff for 30 dollars.

Are we able to get refunds on our purchases? I know Guild Wars 2 was nice enough to refund my purchase, but I highly doubt Blizzard is. I'm sure I can tell in the first day if RoS will be worth the 60 I spent.
Is legendaries and set items stopped being drop in torment ? Cause really, I don't think I got a single one since then playing T4-5...sad face
Is there an estimate for hotfixing Chiltara in Caverns of Frost 2, for the Gibbering Stone? I saw a separate Blizzard post stating that this issue was realized, but not when a fix would be coming through.
If there was a reward for the most ill conceived nerfs ever in a pc game Blizzard would win hands down.

Dangle on a stick award....Blizzard

Bait and switch award...Blizzard

Most nerfs ever....Blizzard

Least monsters ever in a video game...Blizzard

Most worthless trash mob in a video game...Blizzard

Most worthless treasure goblins, replenishment and cursed chest ever....Blizzard

Worst Rng ever in a game....Blizzard

2 hour drop timer award....Blizzard

Worst end Act boss drop awards....Blizzard

Worst rng loot rolls in a video game...Blizzard

I think the list could go on and on....
Edited by morocka#1407 on 3/24/2014 7:19 AM PDT
View profile
03/24/2014 06:54 AMPosted by SyKoHPaTh
Is there an estimate for hotfixing Chiltara in Caverns of Frost 2, for the Gibbering Stone? I saw a separate Blizzard post stating that this issue was realized, but not when a fix would be coming through.

I don't think they care enough about this to take five minutes to fix it. Much more important to use their resources to destroy the play-ability of the game when it comes to leveling up.
Blizzard never fails to disappoint. They are completely out of touch with their gamer community and it's completely laughable. This game has been the biggest running joke of all time and everyone else probably bought RoS already, so you aren't even showing Blizzard that you're displeased in the only way they understand. I didn't buy RoS and I won't because they don't deserve anymore of my money. !@#$ Blizzard and their back-asswards way of "fixing" the game
1 Goblin Warrior
Took a break a bit after launch and I don't understand what people are whining about. It's not or shouldn't be difficult to understand that creatures that are laughably easy to kill give less of a reward.

Leave it to gamers to take the boring, pragmatic, optimal route rather than enjoy themselves.
1 Goblin Warrior
03/24/2014 08:05 AMPosted by Dyablo
Blizzard never fails to disappoint. They are completely out of touch with their gamer community and it's completely laughable. This game has been the biggest running joke of all time and everyone else probably bought RoS already, so you aren't even showing Blizzard that you're displeased in the only way they understand. I didn't buy RoS and I won't because they don't deserve anymore of my money. !@#$ Blizzard and their back-asswards way of "fixing" the game

I actually bought RoS because I felt 2.0 was a huge step in the right direction. Get this, I was playing with a buddy the other night and we were having fun. Weird, eh?
The whole reason I got back into this game is because the drop rates were reasonable please do not make them worse by making me play only torment. as hard as it is Hardcore will be too hard later on at level 70 how will I progress to torment if I cant get the gear I need?
Reduced the amount of experience granted by monsters with lower than average health pools.

half of the monsters in D3 is lower then the average health pools , plus they doesn't drop a THING!
have anyone got leg from bats or tho skeletons which have being summoned , i dunno about
most of you guyz but for me it never happen

and now they reducing their exp , main while we having a BIG POOL OF EXP to fill and most of our exp are coming from them , honestly i Don't care about Blizzard version of how should i play my game

i know they nerfed it due to the Hard core farming that going on who cares if ppl having fun doing that so be it , isn't it the reason to make the game in the first place to make ppl have fun playing it the way they love too , ofc beside making money of it .

all what i see they are doing is nerfing the people who didn't use that method in farming EXP
because for them life will be like hell to level they paragon levels

btw if this post did felt aggro a bit that's only 1% of what i feel right now ....
1 Goblin Warrior
03/24/2014 08:16 AMPosted by MedhatHosny
Reduced the amount of experience granted by monsters with lower than average health pools.

half of the monsters in D3 is lower then the average health pools , plus they doesn't drop a THING!
have anyone got leg from bats or tho skeletons which have being summoned , i dunno about
most of you guyz but for me it never happen

and now they reducing their exp , main while we having a BIG POOL OF EXP to fill and most of our exp are coming from them , honestly i Don't care about Blizzard version of how should i play my game

i know they nerfed it due to the Hard core farming that going on who cares if ppl having fun doing that so be it , isn't it the reason to make the game in the first place to make ppl have fun playing it the way they love too , ofc beside making money of it .

all what i see they are doing is nerfing the people who didn't use that method in farming EXP
because for them life will be like hell to level they paragon levels

btw if this post did felt aggro a bit that's only 1% of what i feel right now ....

Hardcore farming in one area solely to see a number go up isn't fun. You can get legendaries from kicking crates, let alone from nearly anything killable in the game.
Community Manager
As these hotfixes went out over the weekend, I'll be locking this thread up. Thank you all for your valuable feedback!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]