Diablo® III

What did you do on your monk today? RoS v1.0

Started running T6 Core of Arreat in 1 hour blocks. Last night 6 legs, this morning 2. One of which was a shiny new sledge fist.
Reply Quote
Another day, same cloak from A2BB. I can't even get any other leg to drop, just cloaks. Hit the 1k Death's Breath milestone, and having accumulated over 75 souls tried to reroll +1% crit on ring, but failed miserably. Did get around 5 leg patterns tho, I'm sure in a month or so most everyone will have learned everything there is to know.
Reply Quote
Did a few more Core runs just because, then back to Act 2! Did finally get a non-cloak in the form of the Illusionary Boots which are actually more useful than I thought compared to Ice Climbers for tanky builds. Decided to make my male monk solo-bounty, and my female monk group-friendly-Rift-mode. I hate swapping gear/specs more than I thought. Makes a bit more sense now since they two won't share as much gear.

Then I saw they upped the drop rates for Rifts by 25% and in the process seemly revealed the base bonus legendary find per Torment difficulty: http://i.imgur.com/uGJ6XG5.png, so hopefully will someday farm T6 for twice the legs!
Reply Quote
Davlok, do you know if that picture was updated for the hotfix a couple weekends ago?
Edited by Deathwing#1616 on 4/4/2014 6:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Changed cold dmg to lightning dmg on my fresh soj on first try at the mystic. Then,

Racked my enchant cost to over 1M for CC on my eye of the storm...:/

Got up to 115% Area Damage, while maintaining 40% crit chance...
Reply Quote
04/04/2014 06:08 AMPosted by Deathwing
Davlok, do you know if that picture was updated for the hotfix a couple weekends ago?

Most likely, I'd have guessed it used to be 10% multiplicative per torment, and increase to 15%/per, but they haven't said exactly.
Reply Quote
1076 Bounties later... just as I was expecting my 5th cloak of the morning

http://i.imgur.com/caUF9KL.png!!

Guess it's time to see what these rifts are all about now!

But first, time to go to the first of many easter egg hunts of the season with the kids. Mmm candy.
Reply Quote
Such a weird day, I did a bunch of Torment 1 rifts and a set of Normal Bounty Cache farming. Guess which one was more profitable? Rifts didnt give me any decent legendaries while Normals gave me 2(!) Gloves of Worships and a Ring of Royal Grandeur with great stats and Poison resist (exactly what i needed for OWE)

I really feel that Torment rifting is such a waste of time ;(
Edited by ckenni#1604 on 4/5/2014 6:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Woke up. Still haven't found a Thunderfury or Wom Kim Lau since RoS launch. Grinding Manglemaw on T4 because Rifts never drop anything for me. Sad day.
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 10:51 AMPosted by MrChang
Woke up. Still haven't found a Thunderfury or Wom Kim Lau since RoS launch. Grinding Manglemaw on T4 because Rifts never drop anything for me. Sad day.

you're gonna hate me, i have both a thunderfury and wkl. lol!

i enchanted my chest to 3 sockets. really need a +lightning spirit stone, but i know this game will give me a cindercoat or +fire spirit stone to **** with my lightning build... =\
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 10:51 AMPosted by MrChang

I have both sitting in the bank waiting to be socketed; I've tried TF over 20 times now, still no !@#$ing socket. I got both of them from Normal bounty farming btw, I think torment farming is a waste unless you are aiming for T-only leggings/class gear.

Anyways, I haven't done anything for my monk today; it is going to be ~90'F this afternoon and tomorrow, so enjoying the weather I guess.
Reply Quote
Playing around with Gloves of Worship & various CDR based builds is pretty fun. Though honestly, I like the 1hr fleet floot shrine way more. It allows for using the Fire-TR rune and Strongarms for extra pewpew.

My female monk is rocking the 7-sided strike Daibo for the 2 seconds Inner Fire is been down.
Reply Quote
I reached 70% CDR today. In theory I am invincible.
However, for some reasons I am not allowed to press "Ascension" after "Sustained Attack" although "Ascension" is off cooldown. It has a 0.5 - 1s delay that kill me.
And some damage maybe poison kill me during SSS animation.
Edited by twinsbuster#3767 on 4/6/2014 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Another 50% xp weekend - hope this happens more often when I want to level my other classes eventually. Probably actually play instead of abuse some T6 quest bonus, though that is pretty tempting. Did finally get my first 70 Inna's - the belt. Didn't roll the advertised 750 dex but I can't complain too much. Finally got my Gloves of Worship, standard trifecta which makes my CDR/RCR builds sad, but will get a few days of awesome 1hr fleeting and empowered shrines. When I get the empowered, I usually swap some regen runes for damage and face tank everything just spamming 60k shields when in 'stuff', but Fleeting shrines is where the game becomes more fun.

Played with some 2handers and Inner Fire builds with the gloves and some CDR gear - finally got the last Daibo transmog unlocked and did some 0cd 7-sided for a while. Did less overall dps than Shard of Hate + GNK + LTK spam on elites, but clearing Rift trash was much smoother. Strongarms + Bluster + 1hr fleet shrine = epic win! Tried out pretty much every 7-sided rune and decided high single target dps was the niche. 2pc Sunuko seems to work pretty good, though I haven't confirmed it the 20% shows on the sheet dps. Did finally get an Ess of JOhan for the follower, but still like the 45%/5 MF on paper... only 1 peice away from testing Sunwuko/Raiment with RRG.

It's weird not doing Act 2 bounties, almost feels liberating to find a specific bounty to hate. (Hi barracks/forge). At least I have 2x 70 monks with different playstyles to swap between when I get tired of one gender's voice.
Reply Quote
Got on with one hour remaining of EXP bonus, did Royal Audience on Torment 6.

15% From leveling in one hour 2.5bil exp require* for 535(I lvl in t4 bounty/rift game now 535)

Back to T4 rifting
Reply Quote
Found Captain Crimson's Trimmings - haven't gotten a single legendary in a rift since the hotfix.

In the past week I have found the following 2H items:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/flying-dragon
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/warstaff-of-general-quang
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-furnace

Looks like the game thinks I need to 2H. None rolled with sockets. Currently my gear can't support 2H anyway - not enough survivability.
Edited by OrbitalE#1366 on 4/7/2014 7:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Must have used all my luck on my gloves since I'm been in a dry spell for the last two days. Did farm some Iron Wolves crafting mat for playing around with Ashera's follower^3 4pc bonus, but gotta track some whites down first. Hopefully making a pair of Reapers Wraps soon!
Reply Quote
Finally finally finally rolled cc on my eye of the storm. Oh that only took two weeks of daily rollling. :D

Beefed up mitigation, and found some shiny new depth diggers.
Reply Quote
Found three different Gladiator Gauntlets from Kadala. Two were instabrimmed, third I'm wearing.
Reply Quote
Crafted a few Reapers Wraps... Now I wish more globes dropped!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]