Diablo® III

Upcoming Hotfixes to Legendary Items

Thank you. The Ancients smile on you!
Any ETA? :D we would love this like now :D
Community Manager
03/28/2014 05:05 PMPosted by Swampllama
Is this like a "next Tuesday 4/1/2014" pipeline, a "haha it falls on April Fool's Day" kind of pipeline, or a "Soon™" pipeline?

The hotfixes were actually just pushed live. You may need to restart your game in order for them to take effect. :)
Edited by Lylirra on 3/28/2014 5:17 PM PDT
03/28/2014 05:12 PMPosted by Lylirra
Is this like a "next Tuesday 4/1/2014" pipeline, a "haha it falls on April Fool's Day" kind of pipeline, or a "Soon™" pipeline?

The hotfix was actually just pushed live. You may need to restart your game in order for them to take effect. :)

Right now I wish I could "like" CM posts. Thanks for the news. :)
03/28/2014 04:58 PMPosted by MedinaTV
WOOOOOO, Sounds great!!

Does Kadala have a certain pool that legendaries drop from or is it the same pool that normal legs drop from? Some more clarification on what items Kadala can drop would be great.

I just hope that Kadala isn't the #1 way to farm for legendaries though. That would be bad and trivialize pretty much everything else.

I've read she has all the legendary items but set items.
What about legendaries from the bags ?
Both of these hotfixes are somewhat proactive, but are aimed to help improve the reward curve for players as they start to reach higher Torment difficulties. We look forward to hearing your feedback as a result of these changes!

Will this boost drop rates in T1 or just as you go higher? I hate that people farming normal have found 9 times the legendaries that I have, while I've farming in torment.

I love the fact that farming in torment grants you a chance at some torment specific loot. I've also found one piece of the new Wiz set, and one legendary potion, but that is almost all I have found, while normal spammers I know are decked out in almost full legs, seems a little off.
So for some clarification, so Lylirra doesn't have to, prior CM posts confirmed that Kadala can drop any Legendary in the game so long as it is not restricted to Horadric Caches or Torment Only (Legendary Potions, Legendary Follower items, Class Sets).
Community Manager
03/28/2014 04:59 PMPosted by War
It says proactive what does that mean?

It means that we anticipated possible issues with the long-term reward curve at higher difficulty levels based on feedback and game data thus far. As a result, we made some changes to hopefully preempt those issues before they could become prevalent or pronounced.

03/28/2014 05:02 PMPosted by DEFORCE
any chance you will be increasing the drop rate for the materials for reapers wraps?

as it stands i think its nearly impossible to get that item.

The current drop rate is actually bugged. We're still working on a fix, but have not yet developed one. Definitely on our radar!

It's actually in our Known Issues list: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11883998315

03/28/2014 05:05 PMPosted by Cryswar
I just hope that Kadala isn't the #1 way to farm for legendaries though. That would be bad and trivialize pretty much everything else.

We agree, and this will be something we continue to actively monitor over the coming days, weeks--even months.
Edited by Lylirra on 3/28/2014 5:17 PM PDT
03/28/2014 05:12 PMPosted by Lylirra

The hotfixes were actually just pushed live. You may need to restart your game in order for them to take effect. :)

Suhweeet
Is it live on EU client aswell?
View profile
Horra!!!!

Thank You!
03/28/2014 05:16 PMPosted by Lylirra
03/28/2014 04:59 PMPosted by War
It says proactive what does that mean?

It means that we anticipated possible issues with the long-term reward curve at higher difficulty levels based on feedback and game data thus far. As a result, we made some changes to hopefully preempt those issues before they could become prevalent or pronounced.

03/28/2014 05:02 PMPosted by DEFORCE
any chance you will be increasing the drop rate for the materials for reapers wraps?

as it stands i think its nearly impossible to get that item.

The current drop rate is actually bugged. We're still working on a fix, but have not yet developed one. Definitely on our radar!

It's actually in our Known Issues list: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11883998315

03/28/2014 05:05 PMPosted by Cryswar

We agree, and this will be something we continue to actively monitor over the coming days, weeks--even months.

What about something like this being added down the pipe line

scaleable legendaries based on the difficulty you find them such as

Skorn
Elemental damage 1000-1400 Normal-Master
Elemental damage 1100-1500 Tor 1
Elemental damage 1200-1600 t2
Elemental damage 1300-1700 t3
so on and so forth so that as you increase torment Rather than getting same loot you can get better loot, so that progressing torments infact are extra loot tiers.
Both of these hotfixes are somewhat proactive, but are aimed to help improve the reward curve for players as they start to reach higher Torment difficulties. We look forward to hearing your feedback as a result of these changes!

Will this boost drop rates in T1 or just as you go higher? I hate that people farming normal have found 9 times the legendaries that I have, while I've farming in torment.

I love the fact that farming in torment grants you a chance at some torment specific loot. I've also found one piece of the new Wiz set, and one legendary potion, but that is almost all I have found, while normal spammers I know are decked out in almost full legs, seems a little off.

03/28/2014 04:58 PMPosted by MedinaTV

03/28/2014 05:13 PMPosted by f3llyn
I've read she has all the legendary items but set items.

Yeah, she can not give you torment difficulty legendaries, or legendaries that are specific to the cashes.
hell yeah!! i almost quit because of poor legendary drop. Seriously.
is it live on EU?
have these hotfixes been pushed on EU aswell? please answer fast
is it live on EU?
03/28/2014 04:55 PMPosted by Lylirra
Update 3/38 @ 5:20 p.m. PT: These hotfixes have been [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12032813274"]implemented[/url] and should now be live. Please note that you may need to restart your game in order for them to go into effect.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

As a quick heads up, we have two buffs to Legendary item drop rates coming down the pipeline.

• First change: We're increasing the drop rate for Legendary items (this includes Set items) in Torment 1-6.

• Second change: We're significantly increasing the chance for an item purchased from Kadala to be a Legendary.

Please note that these hotfixes have not yet been implemented. Once the hotfixes are live, they will be added and updated [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12032813274"]here[/url].

A b... a b... a buff? Wow, this actually sounds great. I don't see how increasing Legendary drop rates could ever be a bad thing.
Community Manager
03/28/2014 05:18 PMPosted by axeN
Is it live on EU client aswell?

Yes! It's live in all regions.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]