Diablo® III

[Guide] Zero DPS CDR Support Monk Build

HI qisq, I tried to copy your build, and came up way low on toughness and health. I guess I wait for 2.01 or level my barb to get more toughness from strength. My question would be with no skill generator does anything make the sledge fist stun come into play?
Reply Quote
Yeah lol. Need to get a bit more Vit.

Yeah Sledge Fist doesn't do much in this build, as Blinding Flash actually provide really consistent crowd control. Exploding Palm dot damage should proc the stun consistently but only to single targets...

A list of proc coefficient of skills can be found here:
http://www.d3maxstats.com/?p=procrates&class=monk
Reply Quote
I just leveled up my monk to 70 and starting to craft the materials for him, The 2 critical itmes i need to get are the Fist and the helm.

Is the helm hard to get from Kadala?

The Fist I imagine I have to farm for.

WIth the helm there is enough spirit regen to run the build?
Reply Quote
06/18/2014 08:07 PMPosted by PF13
Is the helm hard to get from Kadala?

Well I got 2 or 3 pieces of the spirit stone Kalada so I'd say it shouldn't be too hard. But again it's random so you may or may not get lucky with it.

And yeah I got my fist from drops.

06/18/2014 08:07 PMPosted by PF13
WIth the helm there is enough spirit regen to run the build?

Yes. The resource regeneration in this build all come from the spirit stone and Epiphany. Initially it might feel not enough if you don't have enough cd reduction but eventually it all works out perfectly.
Reply Quote
Ive adapted to earn more gold. It's get rich quick zdps mode!
Reply Quote
06/18/2014 09:11 PMPosted by vuduuu

Exactly! Because of the flexibility with gearing, I can even wear Goldskin if I'm short on gold while still able to have max CDR etc... very easy to run out of gold tyring to reroll rings and amulets LOL... but +6000% gold find on T6 will fix that ;)
Reply Quote
These are only fleeting moments but it has saved me from being stupid when dead molten packs explode on occasion also.. http://imgur.com/TLBPasU
Reply Quote
06/19/2014 02:01 AMPosted by vuduuu
These are only fleeting moments but it has saved me from being stupid when dead molten packs explode on occasion also.. http://imgur.com/TLBPasU

Yeah lol that belt is so OP with Goldskin... I tried that once and it was fun but kinda overkill... Tho maybe for Greater Rift that might become super useful lol
Reply Quote
I did so farming to get crafting mats for the eq i have.

I haven't gotten CDR for the RRoG yet, and am using a sledge fist until I farm the Fist of AT,

Beyond those two things what else should I be looking for I have an intel Halycon am from my WDs, but it didn't roll CDR

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/PF13-1228/hero/20550991
Edited by PF13#1228 on 6/19/2014 8:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So...

Couple days ago, a "zDPS" monk posted in the WD forums looking for a Jade Doctor. I had no idea what a "zDPS" monk is, so I Google'd/YouTube'd: "zDPS". Then came to the forums and read this guide.

Smash cut to 4 hours later, I had a buddy power level my 49 Monk to 68. Finished off to 70. I had souls on hand so, crafted: Born * 2, Captains * 2, Asheara's * 2...and just to round out the Helm and Bracers, made Aughild's. Snatched the INT Doombringer that I had kept from my WD and grabbed RoRG from my Barb.

*ONE*....*UNO"...day later, I'm running Torment5. 4th rift I get Spirit Stone and a buddy hands me STR Strongarms. Buddy logged off, and I went into Torment 6, just to see if I could hang.

4 hours later...

3 WDs, 1 Wizard, 1 DH (all 400-600 Paragon) asked me: "Hey can I add you to my friends list?"

TLDR: Level 49 Monk levels to 70 and 24 hours later is completing T6 and completely decked out T6 players requesting to add as a friend.

Thank you for the guide, this play style is just crazy fun.

My only critique of the guide is that you didn't cover Paragon Points.

I'm assuming:

Movement Speed to 25% > Increased Spirit
Cool Down Reduction > Attack Speed
%LIFE = All Resists
Resource Cost Reduction > ???? Maybe Area Damage? Life on Hit? (I'm actually doing Gold Increase)
Edited by Jelako#1894 on 6/20/2014 7:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/20/2014 05:53 AMPosted by Jelako
My only critique of the guide is that you didn't cover Paragon Points.

I'm assuming:

Movement Speed to 25% > Increased Spirit
Cool Down Reduction > Attack Speed
%LIFE = All Resists
Resource Cost Reduction > ???? Maybe Area Damage? Life on Hit? (I'm actually doing Gold Increase)

Oh thanks for pointing that out! I totally missed it... will update now!
And gratz on your monk :)
Reply Quote

I can't believe I'm actually going to type this:

"I really hope a Goldskin drops tonight"
Reply Quote
06/20/2014 07:15 AMPosted by qisq
And gratz on your monk :)

Thanks, my buddy can not believe how quickly I put it together, but as I told him: If you can get over the fact you're using INT/STR/DEX you can put this set together simply on left over souls. Granted, you have to have the patterns and mats. I just got super lucky with an early Spirit Stone drop, but other than that, all of that gear was "acquired" in about 10 minutes.

You may want to choose to make a sub-, sub-section of the gear guide for those still chasing the RoRG:

If RoRG eludes you:

Craft all 3 pieces of Born
Craft all 3 pieces of Captain's
Craft Aughild Helm & Bracers

Craft Wall of Man if you don't have a suitable 2nd weapon.

It will at least get you in the door.
Edited by Jelako#1894 on 6/20/2014 8:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/18/2014 09:24 PMPosted by qisq

Exactly! Because of the flexibility with gearing, I can even wear Goldskin if I'm short on gold while still able to have max CDR etc... very easy to run out of gold tyring to reroll rings and amulets LOL... but +6000% gold find on T6 will fix that ;)

Sunkeeper BIS.
Reply Quote
06/20/2014 07:55 AMPosted by soci
Sunkeeper BIS.

Yeah lol I was wearing that at one stage because I was so broke on gold...

If RoRG eludes you:

Craft all 3 pieces of Born
Craft all 3 pieces of Captain's
Craft Aughild Helm & Bracers

It will at least get you in the door.

Yes. Very good point. I'll add a note for that... thx for the input.
Edited by qisq#1957 on 6/20/2014 8:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I ran zdps almost exclusively on my monk pre-ROS (in fact my monk "Serenity" still has all the gear equipped.

So I'm curious before trying the RoS version. You don't seem to have nearly the toughness that zdps monks used to run. By that I mean zdps monks had no damage, but their EHP was off the chart. Looking at your profile, your toughness doesn't even look above average for a T6 player.

Is it easier to run zdps now? I know in the old version you could stand in most anything and the LOH and massive EHP would allow you to survive.

I figured your toughness would look like my WD "Pestilence" which is a zdps WD build (with Frightening Aspect, her toughness is about 24M) and would use the super toughness sets like Blackthornes.

Am I missing something? It doesn't look particularly tanky, just super spirit generating (maybe?)
Reply Quote
06/20/2014 04:00 PMPosted by GunnersDream
I ran zdps almost exclusively on my monk pre-ROS (in fact my monk "Serenity" still has all the gear equipped.

So I'm curious before trying the RoS version. You don't seem to have nearly the toughness that zdps monks used to run. By that I mean zdps monks had no damage, but their EHP was off the chart. Looking at your profile, your toughness doesn't even look above average for a T6 player.

Is it easier to run zdps now? I know in the old version you could stand in most anything and the LOH and massive EHP would allow you to survive.

I figured your toughness would look like my WD "Pestilence" which is a zdps WD build (with Frightening Aspect, her toughness is about 24M) and would use the super toughness sets like Blackthornes.

Am I missing something? It doesn't look particularly tanky, just super spirit generating (maybe?)

Perma Ephiphany(mitigation or heal), either blind or inner sanctuary is enough to surivive. But the real thing is that really high help dps and EP is blowing stuff up and you don't take much damage if stuff dies.
Edited by soci#1609 on 6/20/2014 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wait, so I dont need to stack crit or crit dmg, or have sockets on the weaps?

wait another sec, is str better than dex in this build? Does the dmg from dex affect ep? If not id rather have armor.
Edited by Montanx#1793 on 6/20/2014 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Is it easier to run zdps now?

Yes. CDR ZDS is arguably the most accessible AND most powerful T6 build in game.

Am I missing something? It doesn't look particularly tanky

CDR ZDS gets many survival bonuses including but not limited to:

1. Basically ignores Electrified and Reflects Damage affixes (compared to high APS melee builds where these are a serious threat and main cause of death) since uses no generator and few attacks.

2. Double toughness due to Epiphany Desert Shroud (or healing from Soothing Mist).

3. Double toughness due to Inner Sanc

4. Permanent CC (or 8.4s of continuous CC vs. elites) using 6s blinding flash on 5s cooldown.

5. No need for LOH, Regen, IAS, CC, CD, Dex, etc. So, can stack all the vit, armor, res, life% you can want.

6. Can run 3 defensive passives alongside Beacon of Ytar.

7. Can run goldwrap/goldskin for insane EHP without substantially affecting performance.

I'm sure I've left some factors out.

Of these, only #5 and #6 (in part) would be recognisable in profile EHP. CDR ZDS don't need all that toughness to survive well in T6. Probably 15m unbuffed is plenty with 20+ being ideal and 25+ being overkill.
Reply Quote
Wait, so I dont need to stack crit or crit dmg...

Correct.

06/20/2014 05:00 PMPosted by Montanx
or have sockets on the weaps?

Incorrect.

You need sockets for + elite dmg to maximize exploding palm. This is optimal, but not substantially better than the other affixes you could get on CDR ZDS (Vit, RCR, CDR, Spirit regen, for example).

wait another sec, is str better than dex in this build?

Until next patch, yes. After next patch, probably =, but who knows what will happen...

Does the dmg from dex affect ep?

No effect currently.

EP is affected by

>Phys Dmg bonus,
>Elite dmg bonus,
>Monster type dmg bonus (Pig Sticker, for example),
>Fist of Az bonus,
>Dmg taken debuffs (Mantra of Conviction, for example), and
>Area Dmg.
Edited by Vox#1186 on 6/20/2014 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]