Diablo® III

[Guide] Zero DPS CDR Support Monk Build

@Gunners
Actually I always keep MoC Annihilation as it benefits the whole group, and pick between DS or Inner Sanct depending on the group speed... Although all these can change with greater rifts.

@Fuzzy
Not sure... Minds Eye can give maximum 15 spr per second whereas Seph can give as much as 20. Maybe because sometimes the regen from Seph overshoots so a portion of it is wasted? Though that shouldn't be a problem with a large spirit pool... I'd say in a fast group Minds Eye is probably not good as it requires you to stand in there to regen...
Reply Quote
06/23/2014 08:24 PMPosted by qisq
@Fuzzy
Not sure... Minds Eye can give maximum 15 spr per second whereas Seph can give as much as 20. Maybe because sometimes the regen from Seph overshoots so a portion of it is wasted? Though that shouldn't be a problem with a large spirit pool... I'd say in a fast group Minds Eye is probably not good as it requires you to stand in there to regen...

that's ONE thing i noticed about the mind's eye is i DO have to stand there. i've run with some fast groups and did have to let them run ahead because i was in my IS gaining spirit.

slower groups, it's not too much of a prob. as i am just standing there grouping up mobs for them so they can activate my EP.
Reply Quote
Hi,

Thanks a lot for this guide.

I've power leveled a monk in 1h, crafted and used what i had in my stash and 1h later i was able to do T6. WOW!

I do not have The Fist of Azturrasq or The Laws of Speh, but the build is still really efficient.

I want to share my small experience, I've made some changes in the build :
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#VdfYRP!aUbV!abZacb
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/mathias-2849/hero/43786387

I do not use the mantra because the bonus damage is small compared to Inner Sanctuary and the speed bonus is totally useless for me. I play with WD/DH/B and they run/jump really fast, actually they had to wait for me. So i've added Dashing Strike (now I'm in front of the battlefield, and they arrive just in time). I've also replaced the Fleet Footed passive for Exalted Soul, because i was out of spirit, now almost never and i can even spam Cyclone.

These two small modifications changed everything, until i get the weapon + helm and maybe change again.

Also for the followers :
- do NOT use unity, unless you want your friends to die on the battlefield. Didn't get why my followers was killing my party members... That was a good joke (xxx was slained by Templar) but i had to end it :)
- I use "Your follower cannot die" and not "gain access to all skill" items. Chicken = shielded mobs, Knockbak = Another cyclone to cast, ... Was loosing a lot of time because of that.
Reply Quote
@mathias

Thanks for the inputs. Yeah definitely tweak the build to work the best with your current gear and your teammates.

I think the problem with chicken is just the health bar is hidden? They still take damage as intended... still bliz really should fix this bug. It also seems in 2.1 they are going to introduce new follower relics that reduce the cd by half... so that's another good alternative.
Reply Quote
How is zdps holding up in greater rifts? I'm thinking rimeheart fof with freeze pull might be better than no gen, esp with the loh buff/globe nerf. I run with a WD, but I'm worried about the pounding I will take when mobs don't insta-gib at high lvls.
Reply Quote
Might be a stupid question, but why would you use gear with strenght on?
Is it for the armor that strenght gives ?

What is wrong with having high dex in this build here?
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 09:23 AMPosted by Asuka
How is zdps holding up in greater rifts?

I will keep everything updated once 2.1 comes out. As for PTR I don't have information about how zdps is doing atm.

[Edit] There you go.. some PTR zdps builds: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13272407250

06/27/2014 02:02 AMPosted by Dechau
why would you use gear with strenght on?

Exactly right, it's for the armor. The increase in survivability stack Str is very noticeable. Dodge is useless because most of the dodgeable damage sources are eliminated with Blinding Flash. In 2.1 there won't be the need to get Str though, as Dex will give armor instead of dodge anyways...
Edited by qisq#1957 on 6/27/2014 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Started using this build and this is what I have so far:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MasterRy88-1441/hero/8882215

I'm not using blinding flash yet because I want to have the The Laws of Speh first

And I think I focused way too much on +RES and didn't focus enough on cooldown reduction.
Reply Quote
Currently using asheras 4th set like the op said. Should i scrap the followers and add the auguilds set?
Reply Quote
07/29/2014 12:47 PMPosted by JUGGERNAUT
Currently using asheras 4th set like the op said. Should i scrap the followers and add the auguilds set?

Not sure it matters anymore as the build is effectively killed off with the EP change unless you're able to stack pretty high damage.
Reply Quote
07/29/2014 03:34 PMPosted by jkcheng122
07/29/2014 12:47 PMPosted by JUGGERNAUT

Not sure it matters anymore as the build is effectively killed off with the EP change unless you're able to stack pretty high damage.

Not sure why it's dead in 2.1.

CS is still there.
EP is still there.
We now do damage.
Farming T6 and lvl 29-32 will still be the most optimal for acquiring keystones and upgrading gems.

Only thing changing is probably your gearing and maybe a skill change or 2.

My character with generators built in in prep for 2.1: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/scrapz-1142/hero/17363363
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 7/29/2014 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Should i bother with elite damage bonus, or physical even, (SoJ,Sun keeper) with my puny 100k damage. The real damage is on the the second part of Ep right? Will elite/physical bonus effect that too?
Reply Quote
View profile
Don't bother with this build at all...nerfed to the ground. Build your own damage or fail.
Reply Quote
Zdps, support, pull/cs build whatever you call it, creative people will always find ways to circumvent a nerf to work to their advantage. It's way too early to say the build is dead until it's tested live.

Regardless, I still love zdps and the efficiency it does to a party, perhaps the mechanic/play style will be different but people adapt.
Reply Quote
07/30/2014 07:37 AMPosted by JUGGERNAUT
Should i bother with elite damage bonus, or physical even, (SoJ,Sun keeper) with my puny 100k damage. The real damage is on the the second part of Ep right? Will elite/physical bonus effect that too?

Yes it does.

Don't bother with Augh, equip strongarm bracers for a 30% damage buff to all pullable monsters. You are there to buff the party damage after all!

There are many variations possible, but a proper zDPS monk maximises group performance without dying. Most monks go all tank and therefore have less group performance.

A big difference can be made in how you play it also:
- how you position yourself when you first cyclone
- pull additional mobs when the mob you are in,is about to explode
- pull yellow elites every time (this requires a lot of practice)
- palm mobs that are about to die

This all makes a major difference to clear speed.
Edited by Hippotion#2165 on 7/30/2014 9:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thx
Reply Quote
can i make my rimeheart work with this build? i never play solo when im running the monk so that would be sweet
Reply Quote
Hi people,

Qisq this build still Works on new patch 2.1 ? Even with EP nerf?

Or what changes this build will need to be a good support in this new patch?

Tks!
Reply Quote
A player that actually does 0 damage is probably too much of a burden to a group smaller than 4 players is my opinion. I dont know if everyone was aware but the old Zdps Monks did more than their fair share of damage,
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]