Diablo® III

Maintenance Tuesday 10/06/14 *Complete*

MVP
View profile
*Server maintenance for The Americas region has completed and patch 2.0.6 has been released, please remember if you play on EU or Asia you will need to wait until their maintenance is completed.

Greetings all, Please forgive any formatting issues with my post, my net is dead ATM(no dial tone on line at all) so I'm posting from my phone.

We will be having scheduled server maintenance week and sadly it's an early one (sorry WA people!).

Even with the ANZ server we have to keep the same US server maintenance times, this is to enable us to still be linked to the US so we can still play with each other.

On Tuesday(10/06/14) we will be having server maintenance this is expected to last 8 hours total and is done to maintain the servers and do any general fixes that are needed. 

Server down will start at 3:00am PDT which is:

Australia & New Zealand times/dates:

Tuesday 10/06/14

6:00pm - 2:00am Perth 
7:30pm - 3:30am Darwin, Adelaide
8:00pm - 4:00am Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Canberra
10:00pm - 6:00am New Zealand

Additional time zones can be found here: http://everytimezone.com/

Note that this maintenance will go for 8 hours, till 11:00am PDT (Barring any unforeseen issues that may extend maintenance).

Also remember that blizzard does this while there is the least amount of connected players on the US servers, while it is unfortunate that it falls in a good play time for us it has to be done.Lets keep it civil and show that while downtime does indeed suck, we can still be a good community!
Edited by Narull#6634 on 6/10/2014 8:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Does it need to be 6pm? really necessary?

:(

im sad.

Yes please troll me on how it is only 1 night and i shud get a life or whatever.
Reply Quote
06/10/2014 02:17 AMPosted by seansky
Does it need to be 6pm? really necessary?

Probably because of a new patch; 2.0.6 got datamined.

Edit - It's definitely patch 2.0.6.

5.51 MB so a very small update.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 6/10/2014 7:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
In my best Shang Tsung voice...

IT HAS BEGUN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp5ekMlQvi4
Edited by Mugsy#6765 on 6/10/2014 3:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I just finished downloading D3 on to my new PC..

darthvadernooooooooooo.jpg

-_-
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is the first time I have ever raised my concern as a customer and player on these forums regarding this topic, but because you raised the ‘keep it civil’ point I feel that Blizzard does know how we feel and what out complaints are and yet choose to do little about it other than offer advice on not complaining.
Keeping it civil is a very interesting idea. Seeing as we are PAYING customers of which many of us have literally spent thousands of dollars on Blizzard games, keeping it civil when we are treated as second class citizens time and time again is a funny notion. I myself am a polite honest player. Have always been and will continue to be, I play not only D3 but WoW and even Starcraft(sometimes). However, as a customer I find it appalling that a company as big and profitable as Blizzard is treating it customers this way. To be honest, not having local servers in all this time for Australasia is disrespectful to all of the players here.
To be asked yet again to 'just take it' because I am not an American citizen really does seem like a lame way to brush over the fact that we are being discriminated against because of where we live.
The very point of forums is so that there can be contact between customer and business regarding the products. When the customers have made numerous complaints on those forums regarding an issue, to be told to basically put up with it because you don’t live in a certain country when the company has the means to fix the issue, it is insulting. The fact that it does not seem to matter that there are many customers in this part of the world and that the issue effects them at the most playable time for the majority says that Blizzard has no respect for those customers.
We as customers deserve better. We deserve honest upfront reasons as to why out complaints seem to be heard but ignored.
Reply Quote
tbh, I'm at a loss to how a patch can be made live without disruption to a continuous server.

For those with the "paying" argument, I will have to disagree sorry. Servers aren't cheap, and particularly on a global scale there will always be someone on the wrong end of the stick. I maintain my point before, I'm happy for downtime - that way the game stays current. That's with any software update really.

Part of the problem is the "me me me" and "I want it now" stigma in these forums. Dare I say it, it's a bit of a virus in this part of the internet.

Overall, a little compassion goes a long way :)

Also big ups to Narull who takes the time to write these for us. It's not asked by us, and he's not a Blizzard employee - so thank you, I acknowledge the help towards this community.
Reply Quote
06/10/2014 05:37 AMPosted by Weegee
Also big ups to Narull who takes the time to write these for us. It's not asked by us, and he's not a Blizzard employee - so thank you, I acknowledge the help towards this community.

Definitely a much appreciated service by Narull. That time you spend putting the post together saves the rest of us so much more time in that we are able to plan our days/week around the server downtime.

No, the downtime is something that no body truly likes but it does give us a mandatory breather during the week when it happens... and Blizzard have gone for the odd week/s without a downtime since RoS was released. Since patch 2.06 is being deployed, it's understandable why there's a downtime this week.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So when you make a online purchase through iTunes, amazon etc and have to pay three times the price because you live in Australia you sit back and smile? I sure dont. I do not take to kindly to discrimination.
Blizzard is making well over $1 billion in profit each year, and yet they cannot seem to be able to set up standalone servers to service the Australasia region?
I totally agree that they need down time and I am glad that they spend the time keeping the game alive and active. However, whether you like it or not we are paying customers. Any business on this planet be it selling arms to guerrilla fighters or coffee at a corner store, without customers there is no business. It is that simple really.
If you have a business that starts treating some customers better than others there will always be backlash. If you continue with that line sooner or later you start to see customer rebellion, they go to other places etc.
Blizzard offer fantastic games that they really try to keep fresh. However, they have become complacent in there service as a business.
People need to be reminded that the simple fact is if they pay for goods/services they are a customer. Blizzard sell goods/services they are a business. Not listening to your customer base or being selective in service to your customer base is very dangerous business tactics.
It really is that simple.
Reply Quote
Maintenance is over. Patch 2.0.6 is live and patch notes via the launcher.
Reply Quote
i just want to know i live in macau my brother and my friend are also live here but why am i the only one experiencing the maintenance and they still playing diablo 3 right now how is that possible?
Reply Quote
I was actually having the same problem, only to realize my computer was showing the launcher as running at the time. So... I just closed and restarted the launcher and it worked after. Derp moment for me I guess. xD
Edited by alexmancer#1401 on 6/10/2014 8:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Maintenance over yet still cannot log in? Error coming up saying servers are unavailable?
What in the actual hell is going on?
Restarted client and still nothing

EDIT: Nevermind finally decided to let me log in, Ghost in the system i suppose
Edited by Shampage#1972 on 6/10/2014 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]