Diablo® III

"Greed's" Domain, typo?

1. Greed
2. Gharbad
3. Gheed

Half-Life 3 Confirmed.
Edited by Min#1284 on 6/26/2014 10:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Gheed was just Greed's avatar, same way as Shen is Zei.
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 10:43 AMPosted by Min
1. Greed
2. Gharbad
3. Gheed

Just realized there is a hidden message...
Greedbad. Greed is bad.

mind = blown
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/25/2014 10:56 PMPosted by Tyreal
Anyone from Diablo 2 should remember the item "Gheed's Fortune" charm and that brings me to my point of, why is this new place called Greed's Domain and not "Gheed's", to tie in with that whole name/story.

A few folks have already addressed this but Gheed and Greed are two separate entities. There's currently reference to Gheed in-game - Kadala is in fact his daughter, and she's just as eager to turn a profit. ;)

Greed, on the other hand, is the new boss of the Treasure Goblin realm. Should you find and slay a Treasure Goblin on the PTR, you might have a chance to venture into the portal he leaves behind and challenge her for her bounteous loot. Be sure to give it a try, and let us know what you think of the new area and encounter!

06/26/2014 10:39 AMPosted by Sikkens
Blizz if you nerf what i just saw on this video i will hate you forever.

As with all things on the PTR, content is subject to change. We're still evaluating a lot of different reward schemes, including those in Greed's realm. Your feedback, as always, is appreciated!
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 04:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Should you find and slay a Treasure Goblin on the PTR, you might have a chance to venture into the portal he leaves behind and challenge her for her bounteous loot. Be sure to give it a try, and let us know what you think of the new area and encounter!

killed 7 goblins last night in PTR, not a single one gave me the portal....

must be a rather LOW chance.
Reply Quote
View profile
06/26/2014 04:08 PMPosted by Morthon
Should you find and slay a Treasure Goblin on the PTR, you might have a chance to venture into the portal he leaves behind and challenge her for her bounteous loot. Be sure to give it a try, and let us know what you think of the new area and encounter!

OR.... you know....

RNG...
Reply Quote

WHOA!!! SEVEN?! Please slow down before you hurt yourself!
Reply Quote
06/25/2014 10:56 PMPosted by Tyreal
Anyone from Diablo 2 should remember the item "Gheed's Fortune" charm and that brings me to my point of, why is this new place called Greed's Domain and not "Gheed's", to tie in with that whole name/story.

A few folks have already addressed this but Gheed and Greed are two separate entities. There's currently reference to Gheed in-game - Kadala is in fact his daughter, and she's just as eager to turn a profit. ;)

Greed, on the other hand, is the new boss of the Treasure Goblin realm. Should you find and slay a Treasure Goblin on the PTR, you might have a chance to venture into the portal he leaves behind and challenge her for her bounteous loot. Be sure to give it a try, and let us know what you think of the new area and encounter!

06/26/2014 10:39 AMPosted by Sikkens
Blizz if you nerf what i just saw on this video i will hate you forever.

As with all things on the PTR, content is subject to change. We're still evaluating a lot of different reward schemes, including those in Greed's realm. Your feedback, as always, is appreciated!

can u guys fix jailers add more mobs density

i cannot advance on greater rift because of this affix from elites
Edited by Google337#1143 on 6/26/2014 4:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ive seen this place in a dream...
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 04:10 PMPosted by FightingTao
OR.... you know....RNG...

Of course... as with EVERYTHING in this game.... and i do have bad RNG... but i'm guessing that regardless of my bad RNG, it's gonna be a low chance anyway.
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 04:11 PMPosted by Arvi
WHOA!!! SEVEN?! Please slow down before you hurt yourself!

yeah, not bad for only playing 1 hour....

just out of curiosity, how many did YOU kill last night and did YOU get to the goblin realm?

if not...what was your point again?
Reply Quote
Love the video.. Please don't change a thing. Gives us even more of a reason to chase those giggly little blighters.
Reply Quote

You got it! Low chance! Try killing 18 more and see what happens!
Reply Quote
Wow that domain looks SOOOO sweet! Congratulations on creating something so unique and awesome! (Even though the boss is pretty much the butcher lol).

PLEASE leave that as something as rewarding as what I just saw. SO COOL!
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 05:24 PMPosted by Sÿlak

well did you get the goblin realm?

if so, that would mean a 1 in 25 or 4% chance, which is low, but not horribly low.

Unless you are just teasing us and didn't get it either in your 25 goblins... which would mean the chance is even lower
Reply Quote
View profile
got in on first gob in halls of agony.. was nice but the person from general I invite in had both his leg ammys stuck in the middle of the huge chest and couldn't get them.. he was a DH so doesn't matter anyway
Reply Quote
My Freaking Stars...... The Greed portal is....... astounding... what a brilliant bit of fun! I LIKE IT!! grins. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203930944254722&set=pcb.10203930981895663&type=1
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 05:27 PMPosted by Morthon
06/26/2014 05:24 PMPosted by Sÿlak

well did you get the goblin realm?

if so, that would mean a 1 in 25 or 4% chance, which is low, but not horribly low.

Unless you are just teasing us and didn't get it either in your 25 goblins... which would mean the chance is even lower

I killed 4 Goblins in the world (outside of Rifts) and got a portal on my 4th kill.

If I had to guess, I'd say the chance would be somewhere around 5-10%. Not astronomically rare, but at least uncommon enough so people aren't wandering around Sanctuary sounding like a giant piggy bank.

PS: You'll know if a Goblin you killed spawns a portal, you'll hear about 3-4 seconds of a jingling noise before the portal starts to appear.
Reply Quote
He can be renamed to "The Lord of Greed" this can be the name of the new expansion as well :D
Reply Quote
When this goes live. What do you bet 3rd party scammers will be trying to sell this quest for real $??
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]