Diablo® III

List of newbie questions.

06/26/2014 06:25 PMPosted by Araxom
Additionally, gold, Paragon experience, blood shards, shared stash items, unlocked tabs, and artisan levels will also eventually merge with your account’s non-Seasonal profile.

How does this work exactly when the stash tabs are FULL, in both the regular realms and the season realm.

Do they become "remove only" tabs. Are they mailed to the player in the form of 'mailed items' ?

I know in Path of Exiles, when I do 'season' tournaments the items in any tabs become 'remove only' tabs.
Edited by Ronald#1452 on 6/27/2014 6:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Of course you get your seasonal character returned to you at the end of a season as a normal character!

But that raises several questions. How do we get our seasonal items if the normal stashes were already full and what if we already had maximum characters allowed? Doesn't this mean the cap needs to be raised or do we have to delete many items on either normal or seasonal characters just to keep what was earned? Even the new extra stash tab won't help if it is filled as well...
Reply Quote
06/27/2014 07:57 AMPosted by D2ModPlayer
But that raises several questions. How do we get our seasonal items if the normal stashes were already full and what if we already had maximum characters allowed? Doesn't this mean the cap needs to be raised or do we have to delete many items on either normal or seasonal characters just to keep what was earned? Even the new extra stash tab won't help if it is filled as well...

I'd imagine you'll have to pick and choose what you carry over if you don't have the room for everything.
Reply Quote
06/27/2014 06:20 AMPosted by cataclysm
Gonna chime in here as well. *Apologies if there are any redundancies, I see that Lupo, Grovel and the Duck already offered some solid info.

Legendary item drop rates don’t actually change until Torment I, and some Legendary items (sometimes referred to as “Torment-only Legendaries”) will not drop until at least that difficulty is selected. Beyond that, the chance for Legendary items to drop will increase exponentially with each subsequent Torment level.

I am sorry but no...
I have done so many T6 runs, fast, efficient. and guess what? t1 still drops better.

That's because you're killing things incredibly faster than you would on T6. Thus, you're increasing the rate of which you're rolling your Legendary chances. T6 definitely provides a more robust drop rate, if you can achieve a good "killing rate".
Reply Quote
Speaking personally, if you’re looking to stock up on gold, you might consider temporarily spending Paragon points on Gold Find, hunting down some Legendary items like http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/goldskin" class="bml-link-url2">Goldskin</a> or http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/gladiator-gauntlets" class="bml-link-url2">Gladiator’s Gauntlets</a>, or even rerolling some stats on your existing gear (if you’re at a point where you can afford it, of course). Not only do Gold Find bonuses on items stack multiplicatively with the bonuses provided by difficulty, but there’s also no cap on the amount of Gold Find you can get from items and Paragon points.

A reference was made to "hunting down some legendaries"
Does this mean there will be more specific bosses/areas/enemies which have exclusive drops?
(I love this idea btw, I understand King Leoric now has a guaranteed crown drop for the first time kill)

More of this would be lovely!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
06/26/2014 12:25 PMPosted by Derah
06/26/2014 12:01 PMPosted by Mech1
You might get a better reception by posting from your D3 account.

I dunno how.

Thank you lupo for your answers.

Hey jerkface!

.....that's MY name...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
06/26/2014 06:58 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
Also interesting you mention merging at seasons end but your list of things that merge doesnt include characters or items in your characters bags while you do mention shared stash specifically. Are the characters just deleted (maybe immortalized like dead HC guys?) or did you just forget them in your list of things that merge back into non-season?

I want to get clarification before I respond to this any further. I'll return when that info is available.

06/26/2014 07:40 PMPosted by Derah
Thank you very much for your time, it was very VERY informative to learn all of this.

You got it Derah, happy to assist!

06/26/2014 09:11 PMPosted by Zeyta
Araxom you are one of my favorite blues! Please keep posting!

Thanks Zeyta! :D

06/26/2014 11:28 PMPosted by Eschaton
Araxom is the bomb. He even drops in on MMO-C once in a while to solve some player account issues.

I'm an internet astronaut, it's what I do! ;)

06/27/2014 06:50 AMPosted by Ronald
How does this work exactly when the stash tabs are FULL, in both the regular realms and the season realm.

Do they become "remove only" tabs. Are they mailed to the player in the form of 'mailed items' ?

Items in your Seasonal shared stash will indeed be mailed to your non-Seasonal characters after a Season concludes. Similar to how mailed items work currently, all non-Seasonal characters on your account should be able to retrieve them. More info to come.
Edited by Lylirra on 6/30/2014 11:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Would you be able to respond to if console will receive more patch support this time around? I have a topic on it stickied in the console section Araxom. I'd really appreciate some input if you had any.
Reply Quote
unlocked tabs

Plural. Does this mean that there will be even more than the 1 available in the PTR?
Reply Quote
Gonna chime in here as well. *Apologies if there are any redundancies, I see that Lupo, Grovel and the Duck already offered some solid info.

06/26/2014 11:33 AMPosted by Derah
1: Increasing the difficulty increases gold and exp, but what about drop rates for items? is it more likely to obtain legendaries in Expert/Master/whatever, than it would in Normal?

Legendary item drop rates don’t actually change until Torment I, and some Legendary items (sometimes referred to as “Torment-only Legendaries”) will not drop until at least that difficulty is selected. Beyond that, the chance for Legendary items to drop will increase exponentially with each subsequent Torment level.

2: What's the lowest level a weapon can get a socket? I'm talking about craftable weapons I tried to obtain a socketed crossbow on a lvl 20 demon hunter and despite crafting about 50 of them, not one of them had sockets.

The lowest level that a weapon will roll with a socket is 15.

3: What's the more time-efficient way to obtain gold? Soloing rifts in Torment? or going at it with a friend?

Speaking personally, if you’re looking to stock up on gold, you might consider temporarily spending Paragon points on Gold Find, hunting down some Legendary items like http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/goldskin" class="bml-link-url2">Goldskin</a> or http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/gladiator-gauntlets" class="bml-link-url2">Gladiator’s Gauntlets</a>, or even rerolling some stats on your existing gear (if you’re at a point where you can afford it, of course). Not only do Gold Find bonuses on items stack multiplicatively with the bonuses provided by difficulty, but there’s also no cap on the amount of Gold Find you can get from items and Paragon points.

As far as what’s most efficient, it’s really up to you. Playing in a group can be really rewarding since the “Playing With Friends” bonus also provides a scaling bonus to Gold Find, and that bonus stacks multiplicatively with the Gold Find bonuses provided by difficulty. If you can swing it, party up with 3 other people and run on the highest difficulty you can muster. But, if the game’s more fun running solo, or if you feel like you’re more efficient on your own, then that’s probably what’s best for you.

Multiplayer bonuses: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/playing-with-friends#multiplayer-bonuses

Difficulty bonuses: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/game-difficulty#pc

Gold Find changes in Patch 2.0.5: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14138344#general

4: I'm missing a few conversations needed for the achievements in act V. Namely, I missed the coversation with the Templar called "Future with Eireena" and the conversation with Tyrael called "Sliver of the Stone" and one with Shen called "The Search". What did I do wrong? was I supposed to talk to them at a very specific spot?

5: Related to the previous point, I also am missing two key pieces of conversation with Shen that I don't know how to properly trigger, "The Stranger" in act 1, and "The Desert Heat" in act 2.

Your best bet is to talk to each character each time you complete a sub-objective in Campaign mode. I’d also encourage you to look online for related guides. There are many resources out there that can help you along the way. Here are just two examples:

<a href="http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10218271757

<a href="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12427732810

6: This one is related to the new Seasons coming up in the patch, if I participate on them, all my learned recipes (the ones you get randomly as drops) are gone too?

Learned recipes will migrate over to your non-Seasonal artisans once the Season concludes.

Additionally, gold, Paragon experience, blood shards, shared stash items, unlocked tabs, and artisan levels will also eventually merge with your account’s non-Seasonal profile.

7: I see this option on the only character I've completed the campaign with, called "Reset Quests". What sort of bonuses are given for completely deleting all my progress on the campaign?

There are several benefits for electing to choose the “Reset Quests” option.

• For accounts which have not been upgraded to Reaper of Souls, Legendaries are guaranteed to drop again from the Act bosses for characters 1-59.
  • Additionally, you will receive a guaranteed Legendary drop from Diablo (if you don’t have the expansion), or a guaranteed Legendary from Malthael (if you do have the expansion).
  • Lastly, you’ll earn full experience and rewards from quests. For clarity, whenever you use "Reset Quest," not only does your quest progression reset, but the gold and EXP rewards also reset. This will give you the opportunity to earn those higher "first time quest complete" reward values again.

Some additional information:
  • In order to be eligible to use Reset Quest, your character needs to have completed every single quest and quest objective in the current campaign.
  • Moreover, once you've used Reset Quest, you will not be able to use the feature again until your character has re-completed every single quest and quest objective in the campaign. (It should also be noted that the UI will now highlight which quests have not yet been completed.)

I hope this information helps you! May the demons tremble in your shadow, and the loot goblins rise up to meet you!

When I mouse over Gold Find under Adventure in the Details tab it reads "You may have a maximum of 300% Gold Find." Am I missing something or is this in error?

Thanks,
iczek
Reply Quote
06/28/2014 12:33 AMPosted by iczek

When I mouse over Gold Find under Adventure in the Details tab it reads "You may have a maximum of 300% Gold Find." Am I missing something or is this in error?

Thanks,
iczek

That's a holdover from when it had a max.
Reply Quote
hunting down some Legendary items like Goldskin or Gladiator’s Gauntlets,
Just FYI - Gladiator Gauntlets are TERRIBLE for acquiring gold.
a) the gold piles appear behind you (wasting time backtracking)
b) the gold piles do not scale with massacre level
c) the gold piles don't seem to scale with difficulty

Don't get Gladiator's Gauntlets for gold. I really wish the CMs would use the items before posting about them.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
The lowest level that a weapon will roll with a socket is 15.

I'd like to clarify this a bit so players aren't expecting to be able to get sockets at LV 15 so easily. The weapons that require LV 15 can roll a socket naturally, and they usually start dropping at LV 18 (yay wasted relevancy).

However, the mystic cannot enchant a socket until you start receiving items that require LV 22. So if you are attempting to get a socket on a LV 15 weapon, you can forget it via the mystic. It just isn't going to happen. I've made enough characters to verify this level gap, and I firmly believe the developers need to go back and make the mystic's enchanting level breakpoints match up with the minimum level that the respective affixes can be obtained naturally. It really is misleading to players to have such a huge discrepancy between naturally rolled affixes and when the mystic can create them.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
bump for blizzard to see
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]