Diablo® III

List of newbie questions.

can you make the game harder again :) stop nerfing it for scrubs.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hope everyone's weekend was filled with little Loot Goblins scrambling for their lives. In regards to Duck's previous question…

06/26/2014 06:58 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
Also interesting you mention merging at seasons end but your list of things that merge doesnt include characters or items in your characters bags while you do mention shared stash specifically. Are the characters just deleted (maybe immortalized like dead HC guys?) or did you just forget them in your list of things that merge back into non-season?

The exact details on what happens to Seasonal characters have not yet been determined. Once the design and mechanics are a bit further along, we'll be sure to share that information with you. Thanks for your interest, the great questions, and all the awesome feedback that’s been contributed to our PTR forums so far – please keep it coming!

On that note, if you have feedback on patch 2.1.0, please be sure to post in our PTR Feedback forum: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/14579125/

Much appreciated!
Edited by Lylirra on 6/30/2014 4:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/27/2014 11:27 AMPosted by Araxom

Items in your Seasonal shared stash will indeed be mailed to your non-Seasonal characters after a Season concludes. Similar to how mailed items work currently, all non-Seasonal characters on your account should be able to retrieve them. More info to come.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but maybe use the old AH "completed Auctions" tab?

And also, while on this topic, would it be possible to allow us to use the AH UI to view items on our mules? That would be a good QOL improvement.
Reply Quote
06/30/2014 04:00 PMPosted by Araxom
Hope everyone's weekend was filled with little Loot Goblins scrambling for their lives. In regards to Duck's previous question…

A monk, Crusader, WD, and my DH all doing over 800k on hardcore. We found a group of goblins in a rift and they made a dash for the exit now we have lots of gold and 7 or 8 over cooked goblins. I bet they taste like Frog Leggs.
Reply Quote
06/27/2014 11:27 AMPosted by Araxom

Items in your Seasonal shared stash will indeed be mailed to your non-Seasonal characters after a Season concludes. Similar to how mailed items work currently, all non-Seasonal characters on your account should be able to retrieve them. More info to come.

Warning to Developers: Please ensure that you do not allow EACH and every single non-Seasonal character to pick up the mailed items from the seasonal character in a way that leads to item duping.

If you fail to notice me Senpai: "In B4 Season character's items get duped onto every single character on every account and shredded for crafting mats."
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Ok here's round 2 of the newbie questions.

1: We already discussed quantity regarding the legendaries. Now lets talk about quality. Would playing in Torment 2-6 have any influence in the quality of the legendaries? are they superior in stats to legendaries from Torment 1? Its hard to tell sometimes because there's no ilvls on Diablo, but what I'm asking is if the loot tables between Torment 1 and Torment 2-6 are kinda like the loot tables in wow, where item quality changes depending on difficulty (LFR, Flex, Normal, Heroic)

2: I've been trying to farm the staff needed to enter Whimsyshire, but so far none of the ingredients are showing up. Other than the black fungus, and wirt's bell, the other two show up in places that never spawn. Am I missing something? is it just RNG? or do I need to do something specific to trigger them to spawn?

3: Is there any point in continuing to clear a rift after the guardian is dead? are there unlimited "Floors" to them?

4: If a legendary item drops on say....... a crusader, but rather than right-click it to identify it, I leave it obscured, then log on a wizard, and identify it as a wizard, would the legendary have suitable wizard stats? or would it have STR and crusader stuff since it initially dropped on a crusader. I'm asking because more and more weapons keep dropping and none are an upgrade for mine, and they're pretty useless to my other characters since they don't use strength other than the barbarian (Which already has a nice weapon too)
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
07/01/2014 11:21 PMPosted by Derah
1: We already discussed quantity regarding the legendaries. Now lets talk about quality. Would playing in Torment 2-6 have any influence in the quality of the legendaries? are they superior in stats to legendaries from Torment 1? Its hard to tell sometimes because there's no ilvls on Diablo, but what I'm asking is if the loot tables between Torment 1 and Torment 2-6 are kinda like the loot tables in wow, where item quality changes depending on difficulty (LFR, Flex, Normal, Heroic)

There are iLVs, but for the purpose of this expansion, all items are currently iLV 70 at maximum level. There is no iLV 71-73 like there was iLV 61-63 in D3v. This is subject to change if the developers warrant it, but currently they have no plans to go back to that system and instead prefer to use the current system where rare items and legendary items each have their own specific roll ranges.

2: I've been trying to farm the staff needed to enter Whimsyshire, but so far none of the ingredients are showing up. Other than the black fungus, and wirt's bell, the other two show up in places that never spawn. Am I missing something? is it just RNG? or do I need to do something specific to trigger them to spawn?

The Liquid Rainbow shows up in the Mysterious Cave. It should be a 100% spawn, and is found in a golden treasure chest that looks much like a resplendent chest, only without the glow. The best way to find this is to look for the Clear the Mysterious Cave bounty in Act 2, as that will guarantee you the spawn. This can be done on any difficulty.

The Gibbering Gemstone is a drop off of Chiltara, who is found in the Cave of Frost in the Fields of Slaughter in Act 3. Two possible caves spawn in that field: Cave of Frost, and Icefall Caves. If you find Icefall, leave the game and make a new one. If you find Frost, then enter and you might find Chiltara on level 2. The drop is not 100% from Chiltara, and Chiltara is also not a 100% guaranteed spawn either. Players have been asking for the developers to make either the drop or Chiltara herself a 100% spawn, but so far the devs seem abhorrent to removing one of the three layers of RNG to finding this particular item.

Leoric's Shinbone is easy to farm. Set the game to Campaign mode and select The Imprisoned Angel as your quest, and enter the Leoric's Manor waypoint. Immediately enter the manor from where you stand to initiate a checkpoint. Do not talk to the NPC with the yellow "!" over his head if you want to keep that checkpoint while farming!. Enter the manor and check the fireplace for the shinbone. If it is not there, teleport to town (but do not move once you are in town or you might wipe your checkpoint!) and exit the game. Remake and hunt for the shinbone again. Rinse and repeat until you've found it. It should take you no longer than five minutes.

You'll also need the plans for the Infernal Staff, which drop off of Izual in Act 4. He can be reached from Silver Spire LV 1. This is not a guaranteed drop, and can also be frustrating to get as it takes a minute or two to get to Izzy in the first place, but once you know the plans, you know them forever. You'll need to get the plans once for softcore and once for hardcore.

3: Is there any point in continuing to clear a rift after the guardian is dead? are there unlimited "Floors" to them?

Players often debate this, but the short answer is "yes", and the long answer is "it depends on what you're farming for". If you are farming for blood shards and only blood shards, then no it isn't worth completing the rift. However, if you are farming for legendary and set items, then yes it is worth it because only rifts have the boosted legendary drop rates relative to the rest of the game (all of the game got the 100% permanent increase, but rifts still drop far more than anywhere else). Because of this, if you want those items, finish the rifts. You never know when the next floor might have a pack of goblins in it. I've run into goblin packs several times after killing the rift guardian.

Edit: Greater Rifts only drop loot from the rift guardian, so there is no point to clearing further after defeating the rift guardian (Patch 2.1).

4: If a legendary item drops on say....... a crusader, but rather than right-click it to identify it, I leave it obscured, then log on a wizard, and identify it as a wizard, would the legendary have suitable wizard stats? or would it have STR and crusader stuff since it initially dropped on a crusader. I'm asking because more and more weapons keep dropping and none are an upgrade for mine, and they're pretty useless to my other characters since they don't use strength other than the barbarian (Which already has a nice weapon too)

I think I've seen players report that an item's non-mainstat rolls are fixed upon dropping, but that the mainstat is determined by the class that identifies the item. This is definitely true for opening caches, but I'll have to check to see if it is true with the individual item drops themselves. I'll get back to you if I can find any information before one of the CMs comes along to read this thread again.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Edited by TheTias#1192 on 7/2/2014 2:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]