Diablo® III

Same keys for ubers post patch?

Can I grind uber keys now and save them to use when the patch comes out?
Reply Quote
same
Reply Quote
kewl
Reply Quote
Of course, as long as it's not in the PTR server, everything in the PTR server doesn't carry over. If you like me and not playing PTR then of course it saves.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/26/2014 05:02 PMPosted by heyr8kb

Yup, you can. The process for crafting a Hellfire Amulet is more or less the same as crafting a Hellfire Ring, and you'll be able to use your existing materials.

I say "more or less" because the recipe is slightly more expensive to purchase, there's only a Level 70 version of the item, and, in addition to the normal materials required for the Ring, you'll need 10 Forgotten Souls to craft the Amulet.

06/26/2014 05:32 PMPosted by swiftbizzare
Of course, as long as it's not in the PTR server, everything in the PTR server doesn't carry over. If you like me and not playing PTR then of course it saves.

Correct! Any progress made on the PTR (including items, experience, and gold) will not transfer over to your live account.
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 05:49 PMPosted by Lylirra

Yup, you can. The process for crafting a Hellfire Amulet is more or less the same as crafting a Hellfire Ring, and you'll be able to use your existing materials.

I say "more or less" because the recipe is slightly more expensive to purchase, there's only a Level 70 version of the item, and, in addition to the normal materials required for the Ring, you'll need 10 Forgotten Souls to craft the Amulet.

Correct! Any progress made on the PTR (including items, experience, and gold) will not transfer over to your live account.

While it is awesome that you are adding a Hellfire Amulet, the Ring still needs some more love :)
Reply Quote
does it yield a similarly worthless item?
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 06:06 PMPosted by Vourak

I guess you missed the memo. The thing gives an extra passive!
Reply Quote

Should we assume that results of crafting a hellfire amulet will be more or less the same as the results of crafting a hellfire ring?
Reply Quote
Does it use organs? can we stockile organs from ubers or do they drop new items that craft the amulet?
Reply Quote

Is this subject to change, or more or less set in stone for 2.1?

Thanks Lylirra.
Edited by Caelum#1612 on 6/26/2014 6:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span> does it yield a similarly worthless item?

Yes.

in addition to the normal materials required for the Ring, you'll need 10 Forgotten Souls to craft the Amulet.

Good thing the "bonus" of an additional passive skill is absolutely awful comparatively to; for example, a tal rasha amulet.

19 fire damage
740 intellect
88 critical hit damage
10 critical strike chance

Plus the tal rasha bonus...

For, MAYBE the hugely nerfed, and usually useless dominance?

No thanks.

e: not only will it have to roll amazing, it will also need to roll one of the few decent wizard passive skills. Hellfire Amulet sucks. It's not worth it.

lol, this is typical forum poster , for the sake of posting.

See this, what ppl got from the ptr. http://i.imgur.com/TmSAEsj.jpg

Come back after the patch, show me that you are not using hellfire Amulet.
Edited by chunlee#1401 on 6/26/2014 7:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Someone needs to learn to read before they speak(or comment)
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 07:23 PMPosted by Jt3z
... does it yield a similarly worthless item?
Someone needs to learn to read before they speak(or comment)

Read what? That gathering the craft materials takes an obnoxiously long time and the item itself is still victim to RNG determining if its stats make it worth using, and the very real possibility of getting a bad passive thus completely ruining the item?

I don't want another massive timesink craftable that requires ~20 crafts to get one that isn't trash.
Reply Quote
As monk you are pretty much forced to do before 2.1.

As with same gear as now, you will die to T5-6 ubers in 2.1 and has to regear first to attempt them.
Unless you want to farm more machines and do them on T4 with less chance for drops.

Thanks again for removing dodge and both defense passives monks were using.

Making the CDR+EPI+CS+Sanc/Serenity/blind+EP build mandatory for endgame.

Go-go build diversity...
Reply Quote

lol, this is typical forum poster , for the sake of posting.

See this, what ppl got from the ptr. <strong/>

Come back after the patch, show me that you are not using hellfire Amulet.

Cool. You got an incredibly hard [chance wise] good amulet. Bravo.

e: And I won't be farming more than from the keys I already farmed: [20is of each key].

Read what? That gathering the craft materials takes an obnoxiously long time and the item itself is still victim to RNG determining if its stats make it worth using, and the very real possibility of getting a bad passive thus completely ruining the item?

I don't want another massive timesink craftable that requires ~20 crafts to get one that isn't trash.

Didn't you see? The guy above you got a pretty good one already! Therefore it's a 100% chance to get a good roll.

Mind Blowing ***. (i try not to utter the word, it is rude :) )

In D3, what item has 100% chance to get a good roll? Can you get away from RNG for normal amulet drop?
Can you get a specific amulet from kadala without going through RNG? Any extra effort you need to put in if you want to get a specific type of item like amulet? Is bloodshard considered as extra effort you put in? And then compare them with this hellfire amulet, There is extra effort you put in, but you get a free passive.

I want to stop the conversation here. Please stay away from this amulet once your 20 tries run out, be franked to yourself ya!
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 08:03 PMPosted by Bodoka
Thanks again for removing dodge and both defense passives monks were using.

Making the CDR+EPI+CS+Sanc/Serenity/blind+EP build mandatory for endgame.

Go-go build diversity...

Dodge wasn't removed, just Dexterity's effect on it. If you want Dodge, better look at Guardian's Path / Sixth Sense.

Seize the Initiative was "removed" because Dexterity gains armor, making it fairly moot.
One With Everything was changed, not "removed". It makes your gearing options more flexible.

I'm pretty sure there's a lot more Monk builds than the "one" you posted. Heck, my build is NOTHING like that and it works just fine.
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 09:38 PMPosted by Zoen
Seize the Initiative was "removed" because Dexterity gains armor, making it fairly moot.One With Everything was changed, not "removed". It makes your gearing options more flexible.
Harmony doesn't make it more flexible. Here's what happens - you maximize Harmony by using rainbow elements - 1 fire SR item, 1 cold SR item, etc, etc.
What happens when you want to replace a fire SR item? Oh, that's right. Find another Fire SR item. JUST LIKE OWE WAS.

The only difference now is the pathetic returns that Harmony yields - 30%. OWE gave 100%.

Additionally, Harmony takes some dedication early on. You have to decide that you are using Harmony, then find the appropriate gear. Anything with AR is usually bad as it can't roll SR as well.
Optimally, you'll want AR on the "defensive" pieces like shoulders and boots, and SR on the "offensive" pieces like rings and amulet.

It's still a net nerf to Resist All. With the armor buff (Dex > 1 armor) it about washes out. The math still shows about a 5-8% reduction in total mitigation with optimal setups, however.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]