Diablo® III

[outdated] 2.1.0 Exploding Palm remains.

So its a skill that scales? Given the way Bliz has designed greater rifts with an increased health pool on mobs is how they make them 'harder', isn't the only way to compete in this system is using skills that scale?

I won't argue with you if you want to discuss the implementation of higher GR health pools, but any skill that competes later on will need to scale efficiently given current design.

I honestly don't use the skill- just run whatever I think is fun at whatever level, but I just don't believe nerfing is the answer.
Edited by jb5goodman#1377 on 7/1/2014 4:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/28/2014 11:23 AMPosted by Kithsander
The monk class right now is almost entirely broken, and it all centers around EP pullbot spam follower build types.

Remove EP entirely and the monk class with be absolutely nothing, because in essence we have absolutely nothing else for any significant playability. You remove EP and blizzard will be absolutely forced to see that monks are so beyond broke it isn't funny.

That's the sad reality of the situation. Unfortunately many don't see the problem that EP presents.

I would rather lose one GG skill...but gain a lot of other comparable skills in return (being reworked).

Even thought SSS got a slight buff...it's still not end game worthy. Same for LTK or WoL. Where are our big spenders heavy hitters at is they perform on low to mid Torment levels...take them up to T5/T6 and you are left with EP as your main damage dealer.

I remain hopeful that Monk will again at some point be balanced as a class...until then the choices are at T6

1. Pull/zDPS slave
2. Double Unity
3. Some kind of Rainment build that gives you a headache/motion sickness b/c they fail to realize that using DS to trigger a proc is a joke
4. Perfect rolls on gear and struggle to clear as fast as other GG geared classes
5. Exploited gimmicky builds based on bugged items (Frosties), OP item (Furnace) and an item so rare we wonder if it exists (Rhimeheart)

or play at T4 and below...sadly that's where most are these days if you refuse to use cyclone/palm
Reply Quote
weshould remove shotgun sader.
cuz it make other sader build bad.
Edited by Lighter#1795 on 7/1/2014 5:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/01/2014 05:27 PMPosted by Lighter
weshould remove shotgun sader.
cuz it make other sader build bad.

Really? That's what you got? U realize that you can have a very viable T5/T6 build with FotF/Eberli Charo that isn't shotgun? I know b/c I've played it.
Reply Quote
Logic would dictate that we ask for and test new skills and/or buffs to our existing skill set before asking for a nerf to anything else. Any rational person would do it in this order. Oh wait......
Reply Quote
EP would be better if it could be applied to multiple targets at once instead of just one target per application.
Reply Quote
not doing ep/cs/pull with the nerfed toughness...avoing hits with dash-pow ping pong build seems more likely to survive. it just gives me a headache after zigzaging around in a few rifts.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
SOS
Last time I enjoyed my monk was when monks weren't forced into zero dps palm bots.

That was d3v.

Edit: I quit during the minor patch when they buffed every class except monks.
Edited by Starbuck#1587 on 7/2/2014 1:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/02/2014 01:56 AMPosted by Starbûck
Last time I enjoyed my monk was when monks weren't forced into zero dps palm bots.

That was d3v.

Edit: I quit during the minor patch when they buffed every class except monks.

So instead of asking for a buff first you ask to nerf the best thing we have going for us atm, without even testing? Sure...make monks completely unplayable right while Blizz flutz around until monk officially becomes a follower?
Reply Quote
The "problem" with EP is the same problem with everything in this game that scales with mob hp instead of player damage. And also the same problem that got Crushing Blow removed, which only became worse with this ridiculous mob HP increases.

We can make "good" T4 and below builds without EP because gear can power-up our skills to one-two shot most stuff.

But we cannot make "good" T6/GRift progressing builds without EP because there is no gear combination that can power-up other skills in the same way that EP scales on huge HP mobs.

There comes a point in gear/difficulty level, where EP just makes every build better.

However, in my opinion having a good scaling skill is not the root of the problem, although it may prove very difficult to balance. Having such a big power-level difference between EP and no-EP is!! And really... I think that from the moment that the best monk's progressing builds go at it with 200kish dps or less (which, btw, imo completely defeats the purpose of this game), it became evident that something is not working as intended...

Cheers
Reply Quote
06/28/2014 09:43 AMPosted by Starbûck
I guess Blizzard d3 dev team doesn't see the issue that is Exploding Palm, and how you've been forced to balance monks around this ability, just change it already... its been nothing but a hindrance to the Monk.

As long as Blizzard assumes you will use exploding palm in your build, Every other single combination of abilities and play styles will suck in comparison to an EP build..

Remove it... give monks a better spender.

Plenty of builds don't require EP. While its fun and Strong its not required. Learn to do something else other than cry and you might get somewhere..

FireCDR.
SSS/CDR
Lightning/Pillar
Fire/TW
6pcraiment/Lightning
holy/sunwukos

Most if not ALL of these builds can go viable in t5/t6

If blizzard needs to do anything, its remove all the lazy kids crying that theres nothing else. Or enable a drop called " A brain" because a lot of people here need it.
Reply Quote
OP,

Post your profile.
Reply Quote
07/02/2014 07:54 AMPosted by KimSulki84
OP,

Post your profile.

How is that relevant. Anyway...

Just hope other issues are fixed first regardless of EP and players can test in ptr.
Reply Quote
07/02/2014 09:43 AMPosted by Flimsy
07/02/2014 07:54 AMPosted by KimSulki84
OP,

Post your profile.

How is that relevant. Anyway...

Just hope other issues are fixed first regardless of EP and players can test in ptr.

It's very relevant.

It's actually much more relevant than your horrible comparison. LOL
Reply Quote
What? Are you promoting my thread?
Reply Quote
07/02/2014 09:50 AMPosted by Flimsy
What? Are you promoting my thread?

More like promoting your lack of common sense. :)
Reply Quote
Kk, left right left right left right..pause....left right left right blurghhh
Reply Quote
07/02/2014 09:55 AMPosted by Flimsy

It's not the set design.

It's the way you "designed" your comparison. LOL

You are still not getting it. Not surprised though. :)
Reply Quote
07/02/2014 09:59 AMPosted by KimSulki84
07/02/2014 09:55 AMPosted by Flimsy

It's not the set design.

It's the way you "designed" your comparison. LOL

You are still not getting it. Not surprised though. :)

Actually you do make me wonder if i can make other builds other than Shatter n Raiment (zigzag) to clear in 10mins with the strict conditions in my thread. For example Gnk Ltk and EP would be pretty mandatory. Just never bothered to try it out.
Edited by Flimsy#6693 on 7/2/2014 10:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/28/2014 09:43 AMPosted by Starbûck
I guess Blizzard d3 dev team doesn't see the issue that is Exploding Palm, and how you've been forced to balance monks around this ability, just change it already... its been nothing but a hindrance to the Monk.

As long as Blizzard assumes you will use exploding palm in your build, Every other single combination of abilities and play styles will suck in comparison to an EP build..

Remove it... give monks a better spender.

boo hoo I don't like EP. remove it instead of..you know..buffing everything else to an extent where it's doable on T6 so I can play things I like.
Edited by Rectalpinist#2624 on 7/2/2014 2:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]