[UPDATE] (8/11) - Patch 1.0.4 is now available in all regions.
[UPDATE] 1:20 PM PDT (8/7) – Patch 1.0.4 is now available for PlayStation in the Americas region, which addresses the console freezes that have been affecting some players. SCEE (Europe) and SCEJ (Japan) will also be patched; however, the patches for those regions will be rolled out at a later time. Please note that Xbox will not be receiving this patch, as the issue only affects PlayStation users.
If you continue to experience any issues after downloading and installing the corrective patch, please update the thread. Thank you!
[UPDATE] 11 a.m. PDT (8/6) - Thanks everyone for your continued patience and for helping submit the requested information! With your assistance we were able to track down the issue more quickly, and believe that we have now established the cause of the issue. As such, we are currently working to resolve this with a minor patch - although we don’t yet have the exact ETA for when this patch will be pushed, we don’t expect it will be too much longer from now.
We’ll return to the post with further updates as soon as they become available.
[UPDATE] 3:45 p.m. PDT - If you are continuing to experience issues with Diablo III freezing up after having installed the latest patch, please respond below with the following information:
- Make/Model of router
- Is UPnP enabled on the router: To determine this, please refer to the instruction manual included with the router for specific instructions.
- Is port 3074 forwarded? - To check this, please visit the following page and select your router and then Diablo III for your appropriate console.
- Please also let us know whether there are any other game consoles on the same network.
Thank you for contributing this information! We will continue to update the thread with more info as it becomes available.
Today a new patch was released for both PlayStation 3 (25601) and Xbox 360 (25238), which lays the groundwork for us to allow character exports between current-gen and next-gen console platforms. Although some players have been able to update just fine, there are reports from others that the game is locking up on the PS3.
We are currently investigating the issue, and will be sure to update you as soon as more information becomes available. In the meantime, you may want to try the following troubleshooting step which was offered here.
1. Sign out of PSN and launch the game -- OK
2. Click more options and select export save -- It'll prompt you to sign in, do that, you might get an error that says the diablo servers are busy, (this may take several attempts).
Thanks to Regor for the assist, and to everyone else who is currently affected for hanging in there.