Diablo® III

[Review] - Monks in 2.1 (PTR3)

08/08/2014 11:43 AMPosted by Druin
08/08/2014 11:36 AMPosted by Darquan
Your detailed and clarifying Monk reviews are very much appreciated, Druin.

Much thanks for these!

Yup! Just had some email conversations today actually.

I am trying guys ... I can't make promises about results because it's out of my hands ... but I can promise that I am trying.

From these email conversations, would you say they "get it" or are their opinions completely different from the community?
Reply Quote
08/08/2014 12:38 PMPosted by Fives
This is a further limitation on the set design.

Oh there are plenty of other limitations as well. Like the fact that because it's a proc, 6pc Raiment doesn't benefit from area damage. That's a HUGE amount of damage loss when you DS through a group of closely packed mobs.

Like.. potentially upwards of 50 - 100% additional damage in that you should have gotten otherwise.
Reply Quote
Druin you do a great job here.
Its really hard to be a monk in this times.
Keep on going!

Greetings from Munich/Germany
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
08/08/2014 12:48 PMPosted by Strego
Sunwuko effect is fine imo but needs to have its damage increased by atleast 50%(3kwpn% would be appropriate imo) and could use some QOL changes like longer duration on clones and perhaps the clones run to the closest enemy. Also allowing the 2pc to work on all 2handers not just daibo's would be cool but may be asking for too much.

Your suggestions are what I already just wrote ... nice! :D

The "clones run to target" thing would be awesome ... I will add that.

1KStorms Needs to be reworked or JawBreaker needs to be reworked and the damage needs to be increased if its going to be the only source of damage for the build.

Yup.

Innas does not provide a Large power increase and could maybe be buffed by decreasing it to a 3pc set max. In addition the LPSS portion of inna's needs to be updated to the current values.

I will add a section on Inna's.

Spenders need massive damage increases and their associated legendarys need to be buffed as well. I also think more utility should be added to our spenders ontop of the damage for an example idea ( Casting Wave of Light reduces all damage taken by 20% for 3 seconds )

I believe I got it covered.

A rework to breath of heaven to have the baseline ability function like the circle of scorn rune but with multiple elements would be sweet. At the very least i think damage on circle of scorn needs to be buffed up to around 2000% wpn but having multiple diffrent element runes with that damage effect would be great and i think would really give tempest rush a damage skill to partner with along with other CDR based builds

We have already agreed on this one before and I am hesitant to put what I consider a personal request into this type of thread but I will note that I completely agree! :D
thanks for all your effort, just hope dev can listen to your suggestion.

they already waste time for 3 ptr and to be honest, i feel each time my monks got nerfed.

1st PTR, loss of OWE and just wasted my 9 lightning resist gears.
2nd PTR, nerf EP, killed my shatterpalm monk.
3nd PTR, Put the CD of DS to 8s, forced me to stack tons of CDR to just go back to 2.06 stormbreaker build.
Reply Quote
08/08/2014 11:43 AMPosted by Druin
08/08/2014 11:36 AMPosted by Darquan
Your detailed and clarifying Monk reviews are very much appreciated, Druin.

Much thanks for these!

Yup! Just had some email conversations today actually.

I am trying guys ... I can't make promises about results because it's out of my hands ... but I can promise that I am trying.

I really appreciate your excellent posts, Druin!

Who were you having the email conversations with? Some CMs? The actual developers themselves? Don Vu?
Reply Quote
A thought has been percolating in my mind for a way to assist both the Storm set, SSS, and FOT and I'll leave the finer number crunching to someone more willing and able to do so.

1. Make the 6 piece bonus start at 1000% and charge up to 3000% over 3 seconds if not used (yes I know nerf but if they implement the rest of it I think 3000% for everything would be OP).

1.1. Alternatively you could put in a 2 second ICD to proc the charge per skill activation (Letting each strike of SSS deal the explosion)

2. Allow any dashing skill to use the 6 piece charge, i.e. each strike of SSS, first hit of FOT, Epiphany, as well as Dashing Strike.

3. Increase the range of the explosions based upon you % Elemental Damage or pickup radius

4. Change the explosions Element to the Element of the skill used.

That's as far as I've gotten while browsing the forums at work (shhh don't tell).
Reply Quote
08/08/2014 11:14 AMPosted by Druin
Monkey King's Garb
2pc -- re-design -- Gain 30% IAS when using a 2h weapon
Sadly it loses Lore flavor but you simply CAN'T leave it as it is ... it's too restrictive to be reasonable at any level
4pc -- buff -- increase to 3000% damage
This bonus already requires interaction with our resource and Holy is the right element for a spirit-gen based build

Sunwuko is known for its ability to splitting 1000 of clones to fight along side him, much like Naruto and Phantom lancer in Dota.

so, rather than just increase it to 3000% damage, I would much rather see a shadow clone appear and fight along side for 5 s every time we dump 75 spirits, and will mimic everything we do (to max of 4 clones), imagine 5 bells being dropped at the same time.

or

max 8 clones that work much like the shadow clones, as the 5s timers is up, the clone will cast a bell/SSS/LTK and disappear.
Edited by richDDT#1912 on 8/8/2014 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Very nice Druin, thanks for taken the time to do this. =D
Reply Quote
05/02/2014 01:31 PMPosted by Grimiku
Hello, everyone

I wanted to make sure that you all know that we're keeping an eye on this thread. I don't have anything new to share about whats down the road as far as Monks go, but we're certainly keeping an eye on things. Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback, and we really appreciate all of the constructive discussions.
Reply Quote
Also just need to restate. Even if our damage was higher than every other class (which obviously its not) Youll never be able to use it in higher tier rifts because youll be dead instantly without a near full CDR build and a double unity.

Double unity wont work in a group and full CDR will lower your damage to the point where you will run out of time in Rifts or wont be invited to groups because your damage is to low. The only role you will have left is full-tank/Cyclone strike support follower
Reply Quote
08/08/2014 01:12 PMPosted by PappaPia
Hello, everyone

I wanted to make sure that you all know that we're keeping an eye on this thread. I don't have anything new to share about whats down the road as far as Monks go, but we're certainly keeping an eye on things. Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback, and we really appreciate all of the constructive discussions.

That joke is not old. AT ALL. Especially when you post it on every thread you come across.
Reply Quote
Thank you, Druin. Excellent post, and I hope to a Ytar the developers actually pay attention this time.
Reply Quote
08/08/2014 01:17 PMPosted by Strego
Also just need to restate. Even if our damage was higher than every other class (which obviously its not) Youll never be able to use it in higher tier rifts because youll be dead instantly without a near full CDR build and a double unity.

Double unity wont work in a group and full CDR will lower your damage to the point where you will run out of time in Rifts or wont be invited to groups because your damage is to low. The only role you will have left is full-tank/Cyclone strike support follower

You aren't wrong about this. But there is no easy solution apart from just buffing, buffing, buffing until not just monks but also other melee classes can survive legitimately.

Either that... OR capping GR mob damage.. which some people seem to hate for some reason.. even though it solves the problem entirely and completely removes the need for defensive power creep.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
08/08/2014 01:12 PMPosted by PappaPia
Hello, everyone

^this is comedic gold.

Well played Pappa! :D
08/08/2014 11:14 AMPosted by Druin
Skills like BoH need to actually do something AND have their runes buffed and probably cooldown reduced

BOH
>Give every BOH run the Circle of Skorn treatment in a different element.
>Adjust cooldowns/dmg to a better place.
>Give at least one rune substantial spirit cost and NO COOLDOWN.

BOH & SWK
Monk really, really, really needs a no-attack-turn dps spender. Spamming Sweeping Wind and to a less extent, mantras, to Proc SWK is just... silly!

Why are we spamming a do-nothing skill? Is that fun? Why is wearing full Inna's and RCR a bad thing? How is this intuitive? How is it flavorful?
Reply Quote
I dont care how long PTR will be, I wouldnt waste my time trying patch after patch with those very small tweaks. However I HOPE they will _permanently_ fix the monk before it comes to LIVE, either way you can add us as follower.

Edit:

I tried my monk on PTR, hes going nowhere without CDR..... ._."

That's it
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/dictator-2652/Dictator/44951740

(of course I changed gems and such)
Edited by Dictator#2652 on 8/8/2014 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
08/08/2014 01:41 PMPosted by Heisenberg
Where did our cornucopia go?

I sincerely appreciate your interest in me but I am already happily married.
<3

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]