Diablo® III

Leaderboards ranking PTR v.4

New patch - new thread. Will update once rankings start making more sense.
Reply Quote
Inb4 we go up from 30 to 31
Reply Quote
Beat GR30 on first try and then 13 seconds short from defeating GR31 on first try with Inna's Reach & SWK. This seems pretty good now.
Reply Quote
Anything to update? With that SWK buff I wouldn't be surprised to see monk at least on par with sader.

I managed 29 without even having to try. Would have carried on but had to sleep.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure what rankings to go by. The "Season 3" rankings do not update for me. It has me as cleared level 19 and I can assure you I have cleared higher than that. :)
As soon as I can get the update process to work again I'll update.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/13/2014 03:34 AMPosted by dominatus
Beat GR30 on first try and then 13 seconds short from defeating GR31 on first try with Inna's Reach & SWK. This seems pretty good now.

How is this pretty good?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

Edit: <3 dom
Edited by Druin#1518 on 8/13/2014 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think what you're going to see is more parity, but at lower levels. They appear to be balancing classes via gems.

Mirinae got a huge buff, and that's a pretty monk specific gem. Goguk of Swiftness got nerfed, and that's a DH gem.
Reply Quote
08/13/2014 10:17 AMPosted by R3W1ND
I'm not sure what rankings to go by. The "Season 3" rankings do not update for me. It has me as cleared level 19 and I can assure you I have cleared higher than that. :)
As soon as I can get the update process to work again I'll update.

The leaderboard shows the same for me. Not showing the current public test for normal mode. I know I have personally cleared past 27, but, I do not see my name at all.
Reply Quote

Don't forget that Jade and Sentry DH got nerfed last patch.

No more 1H bug, and absurdly high ranked enforcers (besides legacy ones from PTR 3) are out of the picture. So DH's essentially have less than half the DPS they had in PTR3

Meanwhile jade lost horrify armor bonus, costing them about 1.3x toughness.

I'll seriously doubt if we see any DH's hitting Tier 41 unless they're sporting legacy enforcers.

point is: "good" means something entirely different in terms of rift tiers now. I'd imagine T35 is probably a good place to aim for once you start using a trifecta of 25+ rank legendary gems.

Right now we have Tier 31 monks with rank 0 gems. So I'm optimistic. DH is up to 36 right now, but a lot of them are using high ranking enforcers still.
Edited by Rukan#1394 on 8/13/2014 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Was there a change to inna's reach?
Reply Quote
That and solo leaderboards pretty much mean nothing since with the way HP scales in multiplayer means everyone has to group up to progress their gems anyways! Assuming monks can get a group! ^_^

Ps - leaderboards messed up with 4 hr seasons so too hard to compile rankings even if they did show up.
Reply Quote
08/13/2014 10:35 AMPosted by Davlok
That and solo leaderboards pretty much mean nothing since with the way HP scales in multiplayer means everyone has to group up to progress their gems anyways! Assuming monks can get a group! ^_^

Ps - leaderboards messed up with 4 hr seasons so too hard to compile rankings even if they did show up.

but you lose unity in multiplayer!
Reply Quote
well damage output certainly wont be an issue to get a group now (holy is smashing faces)

just very squishy again :x
Reply Quote
08/13/2014 10:18 AMPosted by Druin

Anything above 30 is (pretty) good imo without The Furnace :)

It wasn't a very well optimized build and the gear could have been better. Used int boots and Inna's Reach. I'm not that up to speed with the latest PTR or the skill changes on Monks. Last time I tried I think I cleared GR32 with the prenerf Mirinae and The Furnace. Or actually it was one try on the next build for GR28 after that.

What generator should I be using now? MoH spam is still better than WoL spam btw? I was expecting this, instead of fixing the skills, we'd get a massive quick "fix" by boosting the damage of the SWK set bonus. I had some really annoying ranged mobs, that kept using their AI to dodge all those clones btw. I swapped DS to Serenity for more survival on GR31 and regretted that later after coming across those mobs. Also I'm not sure when this change was made, but can't even go to town and swap anything anymore while a GR is open.
Edited by dominatus#2534 on 8/13/2014 11:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Current leaderboard seemed bugged.

I cleared GR30 this morning, but couldn't find me anywhere.

Anyway, I can see the potential of moving up 1 or maybe 2 GR.

This morning, I was only using a 4 piece inna set, paired with OS +VW, lightning cookie build.

Didn't bother with SWK. And I was only 20 sec short killing GR31 guardian.

Six sense is still better than the buffed harmony, but only by a small margin now.

I can see me going up 1 rift tier easily either using a SWK+Inna setup ( need a good SWK amulet) or just get luckier so I don't have to run through half of the map to find mobs.

The other thing I felt is monk still lack significant single target dps.

EP is useless. GR 30 guardian took me almost 4 minutes to kill.

GR 29, i cleared GR with more than half of the progress bar left, and still only manage to kill Guardian with like 5 minutes left.

GR 31 I had a little less than 25% timer left, and failed at Guardian.

I already changed my build to increase single target dps, using MR -pillar but pillar hits so so so soft, not even as good as SW :(
Edited by Neuron#1807 on 8/13/2014 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I cleared 31 this morning on first attempt with this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13735193640?page=1#0

The PTR Leaderboards are broken/not updated at the moment though.
Reply Quote
Leaderboard seems to be back up.
Reply Quote
Where am I looking? It seems same as it has been all day here.
Reply Quote
Well there seems to be a T34 monk right now, using 4 pc innas with 4 pc SWK, GNK, and cindercoat if anyone else can't see it right now
Reply Quote
edit: nvm yeah they're working now ;p
Edited by kadius#2152 on 8/13/2014 4:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]