Diablo® III

SWK vs t6 ghom tests please

Can someone please do some ghom tests on t6 on the ptr with the current SWK build. I wish to see its single target output vs some of my lame test builds.

for reference:

combo strike wotf:bf/fot:tc: 21 sec (20, 19, 22)
combo strike dr:f/wotf:hol 20 sec (19, 21, 19)
Reply Quote
How do I hold Ghom Checkpoint now?

Do I need to use story mode? Running through entire level to get to Ghom is crappy!!!

Are you timing from first hit?
Are you using Ramalama weapon(s)?
Are you using gems?
Are you using follower?

Unfortunately, when Ghom gets below 20 seconds (which is where competitive builds are now) things start to get a little distorted. For example, CDR may be very important for specs using Air Ally, Forbidden Palace, Epiphany, but in a <20 second battle, CDR does nothing and can be substituted out for dps stats that may distort actual build performance in Grifts.
Edited by Vox#1186 on 8/18/2014 5:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
First hit. Followers. Gems fine -- please include level. Rams weapon fine too -- realistically it only gives 7 ias or 10 elite damage.
Reply Quote
Why do people do ghom test? You can't glass out and replicate the same thing in higher GR..
Reply Quote
Still wondering if I have to run through whole level for each ghom test? Nobody answered :(

08/18/2014 06:22 PMPosted by scrapz
Why do people do ghom test? You can't glass out and replicate the same thing in higher GR..

It still has value despite many limitations. Glass-out is just one of the many!
Reply Quote
08/18/2014 06:44 PMPosted by Vox
Still wondering if I have to run through whole level for each ghom test? Nobody answered :(

Go in Adv. Mode and tp there, it should work.
Reply Quote
No need to do all A3.
Set quest to Tremors: Kill Ghom.
KD3 WP takes you right to the door
Reply Quote
i just did 11 seconds
Reply Quote
took off my unity and swapped in soj for 7 seconds
Reply Quote
Thanks, Shifty and Carnage.

Fei, what spec? Are you using followers, gems at what lvl?
Reply Quote
swk gen only no follower
lvl 38 smite gem lvl 27 pain enhancer
band of rue spamming mantra and sweeping simultaenously

im confident i could get this down to 5-6 seconds with some glass cannon specific tweaking but whats the point
Edited by Fei#1259 on 8/18/2014 8:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
interesting. I didn't think the single target was that good. Sounds promising.
Reply Quote
12 seconds w Hexwuko Rush variant. Approx same set I use for farming T6

1,450,000 pdps while moving with Momentum buff, 1,740,000 with FITL up
5m EHP
Max spirit 364
Paragon 630

Furnace/Seph/Rorg/SOJ/WH/Crudest/Hexing/Reapers

MA:AA
FITL
SW:IS
MOC:OA
TR:NB
Epi:Insight

BOY
Momentum
TGP
ES (usually Determination but went ES for this test)

Templar

Missing DPS
No Aug chest/bracer, had random chest
No ramalandi, no % dmg on Furnace
No gems (Taeguk could be prepumped for this test!)
Missing at least 3 solid dps rolls (1 on SWK ammy, 1 on rorg, 1 on seph which is rolling with 360 LPSS over 6cc atm).
Seph spirit is only 150ish.
Reply Quote
@ vox
Does furnace work on the 2 set sunwuko set bonus? Or just want the bonus of elites over the 20% increase all?

How long do you take approx in a t6 rift run? I take about 10-15 minutes with simular build
Only thing is I use innas weapon (with belt and pants)
so the weapon and pants is worse than urs rest is simular

Still I die often cuz of not able to spam anything when ephi is off....
Reply Quote
Furnace does not stack Still does MEGA damage vs elites though. I saw some dude doing a TR spec and criting elites for 200+ mil on average
Reply Quote
08/19/2014 12:04 AMPosted by Bluefox
@ vox
Does furnace work on the 2 set sunwuko set bonus? Or just want the bonus of elites over the 20% increase all?

Furnace is a 2H mace and does not get daibo bonus from SWK. However, it has higher avg dmg than Daibo. That goes a long way towards making up for the 20% lost for using non-Daibo. Then there is the 50% elite dmg, which is huge, and hits where you need it (single targets!).

Currently Furnace > any Daibo in passive SWK imo. A 40+% holy Daibo would instantly be better, I think.

How long do you take approx in a t6 rift run? I take about 10-15 minutes with simular build

I'm not sure, but I will guess under 10m. The build can just about run through blue elite packs in one pass.

Still I die often cuz of not able to spam anything when ephi is off....

I do too! Those who played original TR specs know that it runs glassy with burst for elites. Same situation here. There is a learning curve, esp when it comes to spirit management. It will take a few days to figure out things, especially if you are new to TR on LMB (I used this in the past, so not big adjustment).

Ideally, spec runs close to 60% CDR, so a FITL activation and SWK clone fest is never more than 5 or so seconds away.

08/19/2014 05:17 AMPosted by ZeeBearjew
criting elites for 200+ mil on average

I've seen up to about 300 m crits vs. elites. If the stars align, can dump >250 spirit in a second for 3+ clones and close to 1b dmg tops.

Only thing is I use innas weapon (with belt and pants)
so the weapon and pants is worse than urs rest is simular

Hexing pants are so good in spec. They are 25% dmg all the time and 25% spirit (~25% more dmg) all the time.
Edited by Vox#1186 on 8/19/2014 11:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]