Diablo® III

are we done?

i see posting of 2.1 live by end of month. I just cant seem to think that we are even close to being ready for 2.1 with the latest revision. We are much closer, but still far behind the casters.
Reply Quote
I am most likely. I might play from time to time but really I am tired of them doing 2 steps forward one step back patches that infuriate me. I have no interest in playing a game that the developers don't understand. ie 100% weapon damage on any teleport.
Reply Quote
Yeah, haven't been able to log in. Last I logged in to test a few things, wasn't impressed, still couldn't do T6 with full Raiment or Depth Digger build. So, I left. Guess I'll come back next "major patch".
Reply Quote
PTR is waayyyy better than live. Still needs work, but things are way better now, at least for holy and cold (if you have a rimeheart)
Reply Quote
i understand they are waayyyy better, but is waayyyy enough yet?
we still have so many monk only legos that have had zero change, while you look at other class specific items (namely crusaders) who nearly every single lego they have contain some special effect that at least has a fun factor build you can do with it or use along the way to gathering the t6 capable gear.
Reply Quote
Not even close. Bandaid fix for monks when they double buffed SWK. Noobs rejoiced because they could smash t6 easy when they were doing t2 before and go liek 3+ lvls in GR. Sigh.
Reply Quote
08/18/2014 03:42 PMPosted by scrapz
Not even close. Bandaid fix for monks when they double buffed SWK. Noobs rejoiced because they could smash t6 easy when they were doing t2 before and go liek 3+ lvls in GR. Sigh.

We've been getting band aid fixes and indirect buffs for a long time. If you really look at the changes, you'll only see that SW got buffed for seasonal legendary, the rest was either long overdue changes or changes that just happened (DS cdr, FC has CDR so it's not exclusive, 2h buff, etc).
Reply Quote
08/18/2014 03:42 PMPosted by scrapz

Totally agree,

Sure thanks for the crazy buff to SWK but that is just a band aid fix. Scary thing is season 4 coming out on the PTR and this is probably the last season before release for 2.1 on live for next week probably and I am not seeing data mind changes coming for this maintenance ether so it looks like they are done which is a sad thing.

But I hope I am wrong

#hopeformonk
Reply Quote
We monks have been way too patient.

We were misled by a Blizzard mole, who pretends to be a happy and positive representative, but in reality has been doing nothing but holding us back whenever we voiced our unhappiness with the terrible changes.

Months later, into the final weeks of the PTR, our class has lost several things, most notably the old Exploding Palm, and has not received anything comparable in return. To add to the insult, our class is still miles behind the others in GR progression.

I believe our class is pretty much done for.

We have all been deceived by our own representative into giving the Monk devs too little pressure.

We have all been deceived by our own representative into hoping that our monk would actually be buffed to be competitive with the best classes.

We have all been deceived by our own representative into believing that the Monk devs would be releasing a PTR build that truly buffs our class without any sort of retarded nerfs at the same time.

If only Strego were our MVP.
Reply Quote
View profile
I tried new sets on PTR and agree, Monks are done.

3500% = eppic bandaid
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure they aren't done with raiment.
Reply Quote
I mean, I'm enjoying goofing around in T2-3 with silly TR spec. I'll give 2.1 a feel. But I suspect after it leaves me wanting, I'll be done. On to the next one.
Reply Quote
08/18/2014 05:34 PMPosted by Benny
I'm pretty sure they aren't done with raiment.

Despite the protesting a lot of people are making about the set, they have pulled the old "design philosophy" card on not retroactively changing items, so I'm thinking they def. meant this set and some other items that have been changed already.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that they've actually done something to make the class more playable then before (we kinda deserved the attention after being shafted for a while) but there's still a little bit of work to be done.
Edited by Xuen#1979 on 8/18/2014 6:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'll still keep my fingers crossed for a surprise when it goes live, but I am pretty invested into my crusader now and won't feel too disappointed when monks are still crap.
Reply Quote
I find it funny that some people want to blame Druin. He's not stopping anyone from making comments and posts here discussing the truth of the monk situation. Furthermore, he's not going to be forcing you idiots into throwing the next $50-ish bucks at them for whatever expansion or new incarnation of Diablo that Blizzard releases. That's on you short sighted neckbeards. No one wants to put on the big boy britches and flat out tell Blizzard that they aren't going to be spending money on this broke-!@# franchise if they don't get their crap together. The majority of the same players griping about monks will be throwing their money at Blizzard the next time it comes to having to open your wallets. GG yall. Paying for them to not do their jobs properly.
Reply Quote
View profile
Hi, My name is Volun, and I love Breaking Bad. I have the collectors edition barrel, and I bookmark all of Heisenberg's posts.

I even screenshot them to archive into the cloud for times when battle.net goes down so I can read them on my phone, from any 4G LTE device!
Edited by Heisenberg#11134 on 12/20/2014 6:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
08/18/2014 08:30 PMPosted by Heisenberg

He got his pet Rimeheart buffed to the % he suggested and is happy with the current state of the Monk.

Being happy over a tweak to a weapon he likes does not equal 'happy with the current state of monk'

You'd have to be blind to miss all the posts to the contrary that are strewn all over this forum.
Reply Quote
everyone underestimates how weak monk is, and that's why after several rounds of buff, monk is still the weakest.
Reply Quote
08/18/2014 08:49 PMPosted by DaveRShuk
08/18/2014 08:30 PMPosted by Heisenberg

He got his pet Rimeheart buffed to the % he suggested and is happy with the current state of the Monk.

Being happy over a tweak to a weapon he likes does not equal 'happy with the current state of monk'

You'd have to be blind to miss all the posts to the contrary that are strewn all over this forum.

Instead of focusing on making sure that monks get the proper buffs, he instead decided to push for Rimeheart buffs so that he can be the special snowflake and feel powerful with his ultra rare weapon, while the rest of the monk community remain in shambles.

It is truly a sad day for monks when our MVP is so self-centered and cares more about a weapon.
Reply Quote
08/19/2014 06:35 AMPosted by PappaPia
08/18/2014 08:49 PMPosted by DaveRShuk

Instead of focusing on making sure that monks get the proper buffs, he instead decided to push for Rimeheart buffs so that he can be the special snowflake and feel powerful with his ultra rare weapon, while the rest of the monk community remain in shambles.

It is truly a sad day for monks when our MVP is so self-centered and cares more about a weapon.

Haha you don't have a rimeheart! obvious troll is obvious. Herpa Derpa
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]