Diablo® III

[Monkey King Builds] - Nomenclature

Random suggestion to categorize the various Sunwuko builds being created into 3+ distinct categories. From what I can tell so far, there are 3 major groups of Sunwuko builds (all using at least mantra or sweeping to consume spirit) and either supplement spirit generation or spending to differentiate. Most have also been using Daibos with Flying Dragon, Inna Reach, or Incense Torch.

Main Categories
Genwuko - using spirit generator
Hexwuko - using tempest rush
Bellwuko - using wave of light

Any others? Maybe....
SunnyDDs - using depth diggers
Tzowuko - using Tzo Krin's Gaze
SunNoShine - non-Shines builds (Hellfire, Holy Beacon)
Sunakancutter - using Akanesh and Skycutter (gen)
Madwuko - using Madstone + 7 Sided (probably FoE)
Edited by Davlok#1847 on 8/18/2014 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Cruwuko for no-gen :)
Reply Quote
This is a great idea. Some quick links to the builds and some vids would be great later on.
There could also be the same thing for other viable builds... If there are any :D
Reply Quote
Good Call Davlok, i'm trying to come up with a clever name for a build, but alas, my creativity is lacking this morning o_O

AnHiWuKo build = Dies a lot and doesn't kill stuff as fast as other Monks - mediocre gear a requirement for this one...
Reply Quote
+1

SunNoShine!
Reply Quote
Nice idea!

+1

:>
Reply Quote
LOL, these "nomenclatures" might single-handedly bring me back to playing my Monk.
Reply Quote
Mad SSSun for 7-sided strike + madstone.
I'm pretty happy with my 2 handed build now and I think it's gonna get a pretty good buff in 2.1
Reply Quote
I think if you're dual wielding with swk, skycutter is worse than sunkeeper. With akanesh/sunkeeper, my clones hit a little bit harder on elites than with a FD, but trash takes longer to kill and keeps my progress about the same place as 2h. I much prefer dw and I;m trying to find a way to make it work
Reply Quote
Whatevawuko for:

It don't matter what skills you use as long as you have sunwuko set on. It does all the damage anyways
Reply Quote
View profile
Bandaid-wuko = and then we doubled it
Reply Quote
I think almost every Sunwuko build will use Crudest - the advantages are just too good to passup vs alternatives.

Added Madstone variant to OP as "Madwuko". I'm sure each category will ensue with a few "cookie" specs/gear-requirements.
Reply Quote
Stunwuko
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/19/2014 05:14 AMPosted by Davlok
I think almost every Sunwuko build will use Crudest - the advantages are just too good to passup vs alternatives.

Added Madstone variant to OP as "Madwuko". I'm sure each category will ensue with a few "cookie" specs/gear-requirements.

I am not using crudest nor do I think that I will in the future for my SWK setup.

I am running "genwuko" and I need SW to spend spirit fast enough and BoH IwL to gen fast enough .... No room for ally :(

2x cap crim + WH or Vigi for me!
Reply Quote
Guessing Band of Rue still not competitive in Genwuko?
Reply Quote
View profile
08/19/2014 09:17 AMPosted by Davlok
Guessing Band of Rue still not competitive in Genwuko?

It is possible that it could actually start being useful now, but for the most part, meh in my opinion, but I dont have one so I cant say so as an absolute.
Edited by Blackglitch#1350 on 8/19/2014 9:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I still think it's absurd that the best way to hurt our enemies is to spam skills that don't do any real damage them selves. What kind of %wd/sec output do our generators do now (w/ DD and w/o)?
Reply Quote
I got a 11 minute grift 32 with swk+ crudest boots, they are detinitively fun and interesting to use, remains to be seen if they can perform well at 35+ or higher.

We can call it Crudewuko or Mysticwuko xD,

also I think sweeping wind has to be mentioned somewhere, its a huge aspect for SWK , Windwuko!
Edited by Colt#2370 on 8/19/2014 1:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/19/2014 01:45 PMPosted by Colt
We can call it Crudewuko or Mysticwuko xD,

also I think sweeping wind has to be mentioned somewhere, its a huge aspect for SWK , Windwuko!

Think every sunwuko build is using either SW or Mantra, though Crud is sorta an option - but can fit in almost every category too!

08/19/2014 09:23 AMPosted by Blackglitch
It is possible that it could actually start being useful now, but for the most part, meh in my opinion, but I dont have one so I cant say so as an absolute.

I have one, and it didn't work on the bonus spirit from the old quickening/iwl, might with the 2,1 versions... but I'm leaning towards not being worthy.

08/19/2014 01:39 PMPosted by Mansman
I still think it's absurd that the best way to hurt our enemies is to spam skills that don't do any real damage them selves. What kind of %wd/sec output do our generators do now (w/ DD and w/o)?

Haha, I'm totally calling it now -

Mantras - Added a 3 second cooldown to help prevent accidental double casting
Sweeping Wind - Added a 3 second cooldown to help prevent accidental double casting

Next PTR? Maybe!
Reply Quote
08/19/2014 02:32 PMPosted by Davlok
Think every sunwuko build is using either SW or Mantra, though Crud is sorta an option - but can fit in almost every category too!

True that missed that part reading the OP, I guess crude+SW its just the 2nd layer of my build , main would be genwuko then.

08/19/2014 02:32 PMPosted by Davlok
Mantras - Added a 3 second cooldown to help prevent accidental double casting
Sweeping Wind - Added a 3 second cooldown to help prevent accidental double casting

^ Sadly this nails their "balancing" style, perhaps trow a few +2 spirit per second buffs to compensate

Im scared T_T
Edited by Colt#2370 on 8/19/2014 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]