Diablo® III

[Monkey King Builds] - Nomenclature

08/19/2014 05:14 AMPosted by Davlok
I think almost every Sunwuko build will use Crudest - the advantages are just too good to passup vs alternatives.

Added Madstone variant to OP as "Madwuko". I'm sure each category will ensue with a few "cookie" specs/gear-requirements.

Does the two spirits double your regen and dmg? and you can burn the active twice per cooldown?
Reply Quote
^ You mean the 2 air allies? yes they both stack (passives and actives)
Edited by Colt#2370 on 8/19/2014 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/19/2014 03:31 PMPosted by Hatch
I think almost every Sunwuko build will use Crudest - the advantages are just too good to passup vs alternatives.

Added Madstone variant to OP as "Madwuko". I'm sure each category will ensue with a few "cookie" specs/gear-requirements.

Does the two spirits double your regen and dmg? and you can burn the active twice per cooldown?

The ally's do stack, fire, water, air, earth. All have double passives and double actives when using Crudest Boots.
Reply Quote
Yep - double ally multiplies the actives and passives... it's also nice to have pets. With Sunwuko clones taunting in addition to double ally = you don't get hit too much, especially if using Hexwuko.
Edited by Davlok#1847 on 8/20/2014 5:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Looks like Genwuko is the early solo GR top spec. I can only see the web-leaderboards, but kinda surprised so many are using Depth Diggers.. I guess that is due to no better options?
Reply Quote
08/19/2014 09:07 AMPosted by Druin

I am not using crudest nor do I think that I will in the future for my SWK setup.

I am running "genwuko" and I need SW to spend spirit fast enough and BoH IwL to gen fast enough .... No room for ally :(

2x cap crim + WH or Vigi for me!

I feel like that one should be called "crampwuko" instead. As much as i like how strong it is, even with my lackluster gear, it's not exactly pleasant to play.
Reply Quote
08/29/2014 10:43 AMPosted by Tricsun
it's not exactly pleasant to play.

Dude! you can't play this spec without daily push up wrists!
Reply Quote
08/29/2014 08:22 AMPosted by Davlok
Looks like Genwuko is the early solo GR top spec. I can only see the web-leaderboards, but kinda surprised so many are using Depth Diggers.. I guess that is due to no better options?

I was actually about to say, there's no reason to have a special nomenclature for DD-SWK, since pretty much every gen build is using it.

I don't think there are better options when most are also using Crudest Boots + Witching Hour. I wish I could find the latter, that 50% CHD seems pretty important since these recent builds are lacking it (due to one less weapon socket and 2-3 more jewelry sockets).

Anyone try legacy Inna's for that slot? Less generator damage/toughness but I wonder if the bonus attack speed could be even more useful.
Reply Quote
08/29/2014 11:22 AMPosted by Judgment
Anyone try legacy Inna's for that slot? Less generator damage/toughness but I wonder if the bonus attack speed could be even more useful.

I played with legacy Inna's there. It's ok. Prob not worth the EHP hit. Lack of useful secondaries is a little hurtful as well.

100 dex
80 all res
9 IAS
1 CC
12 MS
2 OS

I kinda liked Cain's pants/boots in Genwuko when no ally or epiph in build.
Reply Quote
I am going to end up trying to perfect the Tempest Rush build because of a lot less button mashing.

Also want to figure out a solid support build
Reply Quote
View profile
I had to google nomenclature.
Reply Quote
Good thread man!

Those acronyms could be very confusing for someone who doesn't have a set yet.

Very helpful, thank you for sharing :)
Reply Quote
08/29/2014 08:22 AMPosted by Davlok

Yeah, no reason not to use them if you don't have to fulfill set bonus requirements. I'll use them myself once I find a second Unity and Follower Cannot Die relic. For now I'm stuck using two sets to make up for the durability problem sans Unity cheese, but I definitely plan to use diggers, Leoric's (trying for almost 100% epiphany uptime) and after that we'll see what other new pieces I can work into the build. Crudest boots? Meh.
Reply Quote
08/19/2014 09:07 AMPosted by Druin

I am running "genwuko" and I need SW to spend spirit fast enough and BoH IwL to gen fast enough .... No room for ally :(

So, I'll admit I don't theorycraft. I tend to play around with what feels like it works (and look on here), but this statement confuses the hell out of me.

I don't really understand how you would use SW (Sweeping Wind, right?) to spend spirit? Assuming you are continuously recasting, what is the benefit of doing so? The skill tooltip doesn't seem to make any mention of an "active effect".

Could you give a little detail (for the theorycrafting-challenged) as to your rotation and why?

Edit: Never mind. Found the answer in another thread - it's to spend enough spirit to generate the clones from SunWuko.
Edited by Phoenix#2958 on 8/30/2014 5:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Has anyone run a Madwuko build, I have an FOE 51%, 2.1 madstone and all 4
Pieces of SWK, poorly rolled. Not sure what to do or if it is viable, of course I have
2 shines, none with holy%. I also have 2 holy beacons, one with 20% holy
Reply Quote
08/30/2014 04:32 AMPosted by Vladi
Good thread man!

Those acronyms could be very confusing for someone who doesn't have a set yet.

Very helpful, thank you for sharing :)

:-) Better than calling it S4 I guess?

08/30/2014 06:23 PMPosted by RKDecker
Has anyone run a Madwuko build

Not yet, no Kadala helm luck in days :(

Been running a movement-speed Genwuko for T6 solo. (can't figure out a witty name to call it.... Powerwalkwuko? Longmarchwuko?) Twas what I used to farm adventure double goblins to finally get into the Treasure Realm for that last Hoarder Gem before the 2.1 buff expires.

Since the toughness requirement isn't really there using Unity², it's the standard Genwuko build but using Fleet Foot, Way of the Falling Star, Wind through the Reeds to bump base movement to 55%. Add in a possible Warzchien (50%), the 25% from Wreath or 30% Hoarder and it's almost walking fast enough to be fun again. No need for Epiphany or Ice Climbers for T6 (burst stuff down before the frozen pulse explodes!) Plus in normal T6 rifts Harrington is BiS and make big numbers!
Reply Quote
A Flying Dragon dropped while playing one of my DHs last night. After using it for a while I started calling the Sunwuko/Flying Dragon combo "Flying Monkey". I know it's really just a Genwuko build, but I like the name. : )
Reply Quote
Thanx for the reply Davlok, hopefully SSS gets some love and it becomes a viable build.
Reply Quote
09/02/2014 06:09 AMPosted by Treleth
A Flying Dragon dropped while playing one of my DHs last night. After using it for a while I started calling the Sunwuko/Flying Dragon combo "Flying Monkey". I know it's really just a Genwuko build, but I like the name. : )

Lol... I found my current flying dragon on the DH as well.. must be some type of smart templar loot I guess. But yes, Flying Monkey Squadrons has a nice ring to it.

09/02/2014 10:41 PMPosted by RKDecker
Thanx for the reply Davlok, hopefully SSS gets some love and it becomes a viable build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6939559/patch-104-preview-monk-8-16-2012

Shows us what they thought of 7-sided 2 years ago. Maybe 2 years from now it will be viable! >_<
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]