Diablo® III

Can diablos gore be turned off please help

My dad is a control freak when it comes to video games and won't let me play unless i can turn off blood please help. Let me know if there is a way to do so
Reply Quote
View profile
this game is rated "M", that means you need to be 17+ to play it... if your dad is telling you what video games you can or can't play at that age then move out. if your not 17... then deal with it as your not legally allowed to buy this game without your parent permission.

oh yeah and to answer your question:
NO you cant.
Edited by SwiftKitten#1452 on 9/1/2014 7:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i am seventeen he doesnt seem to care what i can do legally or not
Reply Quote
Tell him to close his eyes.
Reply Quote
ps this is for ps4 maybe theres is a way to do it in the console version
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 07:44 PMPosted by Galbatortois
My dad is a control freak when it comes to video games and won't let me play unless i can turn off blood please help. Let me know if there is a way to do so

Unfortunately, there is no way to turn off gory content in the game. The game is about pretty gory subject matter (demons and angels, the dead rising as twisted monstrosities, etc).

Unfortunately you probably just have to live with the fact that your dad doesn't want you exposed to this kind of stuff, and find a different game to play until you are living on your own.

You might try talking to your dad about the fact that at some point you're going to be an adult, with the ability to view as much gore, violence, sexual content, etc, as you want, and that all he's really doing now is making that stuff seem like a more attractive part of being an adult (ie, he's kind of accomplishing the opposite of what he intends).

Personally, I had an ultra protective mother who didn't respect my right to have an identity until I moved out of the house. Your dad may be the same way, or he may be a little more enlightened about it.

Anyway, Torchlight II or Marvel Heroes are games in the same genre (ARPG) that are light on gore and pretty well made. You might want to check those out instead.
Edited by VoxDeus#1305 on 9/1/2014 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
thanks for the tips and the other games
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 07:53 PMPosted by Galbatortois
ps this is for ps4 maybe theres is a way to do it in the console version

Why did your dad buy you a PS4? young kids need to buy Nintendo otherwise you will never know what a well made game is suppose to be like and grow up like the Call of Duty generation.
Reply Quote
View profile
09/01/2014 07:49 PMPosted by Galbatortois
i am seventeen he doesnt seem to care what i can do legally or not

first off i think the whole "blood" being the issue is stupid... the gore and mutilation is much worse than the "blood" in this game. if he didnt want you to see that i could understand his point to a degree... but the blood is nothing.

tell him you already know what blood looks like its red... it a liquid. its not really that gross at all.
im pretty sure your have had atleast 1 injury during your lifetime when you saw blood and well its blood... seesh idk what to say being scared of blood is stupid...

blood is NOT gross. gore and guts and instestings stuckign out is gross. but this is blood. this is normal...
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 07:59 PMPosted by Xeper
How you managed to overlook my M6 Demon Hunter is also beyond me.

M6 DH is boringly easy. So boring it's not worth rolling.

Come at me some more, memorise my game names some more, hahaha.
Reply Quote
just go find copies of Clive Barker's Undying or Jericho for PC ... that'll make him happy
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]