Diablo® III

Soj no longer rolls class specific resources?

Why not?

Edit: I don't think people realize how big of an effect this has. With BoA this means that if you didn't find this item before 2.1 then you will never be able to acquire this item. Which means that no matter what you do, a player that already found this item will always be able to cast one more smokescreen or vault than you will. In an environment where even a second matters this change is HUGE.

Where are all you BoA enthusiasts now? The whole BoA thing is about finding your own items. Or at least hoping that one day you will find it. Now, you cannot find it. If you didn't have one before 2.1 then you're already lacking a % of resource.

For DH this % of resource is huge. 8-10 discipline. Which translates to either 1 smokescreen or 2 vaults.
Edited by frogg626#1782 on 8/29/2014 7:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes they do...
Reply Quote
08/28/2014 07:44 PMPosted by Pyrotechx
Yes they do...

Have had 3 drop since 2.1

Zero had +discipline. And you cant roll it onto them.
Reply Quote
Bump, Really unhappy with this change.

Makes it VERY unfair for players who did not have a nicely rolled soj drop before 2.1

Just take a look at the ones on top of the leaderboards. They all have +resource sojs.

Sojs that no longer can drop.
wtf man.
You're royally screwing us AGAIN.

Like, what's the point in even playing if you know that an item cannot even drop?
You can't even reroll that affix onto it.
Reply Quote
you might be right. i got two on the first day of 2.1 and they don't have class specific resource stat. although one was a str (got it also on my dh), but the dex one had no discipline either.
Reply Quote
Just play more! Isn't that fun?
Reply Quote
Could be a bug, post in bug forum.
Reply Quote
08/29/2014 09:28 AMPosted by frogg626
Bump, Really unhappy with this change.

Makes it VERY unfair for players who did not have a nicely rolled soj drop before 2.1

Just take a look at the ones on top of the leaderboards. They all have +resource sojs.

Sojs that no longer can drop.
wtf man.
You're royally screwing us AGAIN.

Like, what's the point in even playing if you know that an item cannot even drop?
You can't even reroll that affix onto it.

The top wizard and barb right now are both using RORG and Unity. 50% dmg taken gone to an unkillable follower is better I guess?
Reply Quote
08/29/2014 09:41 AMPosted by jurytime
Could be a bug, post in bug forum.

Posted

I don't think people realize how big of an effect this has. With BoA this means that if you didn't find this item before 2.1 then you will never be able to acquire this item. Which means that no matter what you do, a player that already found this item will always be able to cast one more smokescreen or vault than you will. In an environment where even a second matters this change is HUGE.

Where are all you BoA enthusiasts now? The whole BoA thing is about finding your own items. Or at least hoping that one day you will find it. Now, you cannot find it. If you didn't have one before 2.1 then you're already lacking a % of resource.

For DH this % of resource is huge. 8-12 discipline. Which translates to either 1 smokescreen or 2 vaults.
Reply Quote
I wonder if this is a subtle nudge towards playing seasons, where everyone's SoJs will be the new inferior model.
Reply Quote
Same ''unfair'' design as the Ramalandi's Gift
Everyone who rerolled an affix on natual socket drop items before the announce of the Gift are left alone.

Like me.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/28/2014 07:38 PMPosted by frogg626
Where are all you BoA enthusiasts now?

Right here.

Supporting a BoA system doesn't mean agreeing with every change Blizzard makes to items.
Reply Quote
All the sojs I got in 2.1 did not reroll class resource. If you check the updated Soj on site, it also does not include class resource so I am not sure its not a bug.

Edit: still BoA supporter here as well. You do realize if there is trade, all the drop rate will be beyond crap right.
Edited by ThePrestige#1825 on 8/29/2014 11:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
well, the ring was already godly and better then any other ring, so i guess that's the reason.
Reply Quote
08/29/2014 11:36 AMPosted by Freezby
Same ''unfair'' design as the Ramalandi's Gift
Everyone who rerolled an affix on natual socket drop items before the announce of the Gift are left alone.

Like me.

Agreed, My kridershot is worthless in the eyes of 2.1 now.

08/29/2014 11:38 AMPosted by Psychologic
08/28/2014 07:38 PMPosted by frogg626
Where are all you BoA enthusiasts now?

Right here.

Supporting a BoA system doesn't mean agreeing with every change Blizzard makes to items.

You should be enraged by this. I'm not even for BoA and I'm on the verge of quitting just because of this change.

Like, there's absolutely nothing you can do, no matter what a player with the 2.0 version of this item will always have an advantage.
You cannot find a possibly better version of this item anymore.

08/29/2014 11:42 AMPosted by ThePrestige
All the sojs I got in 2.1 did not reroll class resource. If you check the updated Soj on site, it also does not include class resource so I am not sure its not a bug.

Edit: still BoA supporter here as well. You do realize if there is trade, all the drop rate will be beyond crap right.

Oh, because the drop rate is in a good position as it stands? I've got 600 RoS hours on my DH and I've yet to find a dex witching hour. All my shards go into belts btw.
Edited by frogg626#1782 on 8/29/2014 12:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I haven't found one in 2.1, but I think they drop with 5 primarys now instead.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/29/2014 12:14 PMPosted by frogg626
Oh, because the drop rate is in a good position as it stands? I've got 600 RoS hours on my DH and I've yet to find a dex witching hour. All my shards go into belts btw.

I support BoA, but I've long said that certain items are too rare. Class set items are in a good place, but Woh, Calamity, Witching Hour, etc need increased drop rates.
Reply Quote
Im not convinced smart look is working all that well in 2.1

I only play a barb and so far, have obtained a RROG, Unity and SOJ all with affixes other than strength. Each rolled with either dex or int.

Tin foil hat maybe but I havent seen this amount of non strength rolls since before 2.0. This included the 2.1 PTR.
Reply Quote
08/29/2014 12:42 PMPosted by dragon

I believe specifically it and RoRG cannot roll 5, because they're already top rings.

08/29/2014 12:50 PMPosted by CC123
Im not convinced smart look is working all that well in 2.1

I only play a barb and so far, have obtained a RROG, Unity and SOJ all with affixes other than strength. Each rolled with either dex or int.

Tin foil hat maybe but I havent seen this amount of non strength rolls since before 2.0. This included the 2.1 PTR.

I have gotten a surprising amount of affixes for other classes (Monk and Wizard), Wizard Head pieces, and Wizard weapons.

I would be mad, but I just started a wizard and I've actually found some gear that would work well for a fresh 70. But it does seem like I've gotten a lot more non-smart loot stuff post patch.
Reply Quote
08/29/2014 12:49 PMPosted by Psychologic
08/29/2014 12:14 PMPosted by frogg626

I support BoA, but I've long said that certain items are too rare. Class set items are in a good place, but Woh, Calamity, Witching Hour, etc need increased drop rates.

I'd support BoA aswell, if ultra rares drop rate is increased, Kadala's items are all 5 Blood shards each and if stash size/character slots are increased.

08/29/2014 12:42 PMPosted by dragon

Have had 3 drop and have seen a few more in clan loot.
4/2
no resource
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]