Diablo® III

Banish BOA

Please, please, please, banish bound to account. D2 was a wonderful game when it came to trading with other players. Bound to account just SUCKS that kind of barter fun RIGHT out of existence. Now we cant even trade ANYthing it seems. WHATS THE POINT OF BOUND TO ACCOUNT ANYWAY? Please explain this to me!!
Reply Quote
I whole heartedly agree. This game isn't as fun without trading. I rather have trading over pvp.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 12:14 PMPosted by Babatime
I whole heartedly agree. This game isn't as fun without trading. I rather have trading over pvp.

+1 I might be excited to play this game again.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 12:14 PMPosted by Babatime

How about neither?
Reply Quote
Console offers trading. Trading on PC is opening the door for dupes, hacks and bots. I agree. But there is a trade off. More legs drop for you aka more exciting. It's just not possible right now. I honestly think that they would if they could.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 12:11 PMPosted by Euros
Please, please, please, banish bound to account. D2 was a wonderful game when it came to trading with other players. Bound to account just SUCKS that kind of barter fun RIGHT out of existence. Now we cant even trade ANYthing it seems. WHATS THE POINT OF BOUND TO ACCOUNT ANYWAY? Please explain this to me!!

It stops websites from selling diablo 3 items and makes botting completely useless in this game. I would love to trade but most people will abuse it. So remove it.
Reply Quote
See the effect of trading in Path of Desynch. Zero drops. Third party RMT2win.
Reply Quote
find people to play with that are geared up and just leech off them/ give them free !@#$ too.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 12:20 PMPosted by Armati
09/01/2014 12:11 PMPosted by Euros

It stops websites from selling diablo 3 items and makes botting completely useless in this game. I would love to trade but most people will abuse it. So remove it.

Except what you said isn't true at all. Why would botting become useless just because trading isnt there? There is a huge active community for botting called Demon Buddy, Google it as I dont want to be banned for posting a bottling website. Blizzard also just had to do a massive bot ban wave, which also contradicts your point.

3rd party sites are selling botting services on a daily basis even now. However as this game has absolutely no real competitive features what so ever, how exactly does this negatively impact you in any way? As I recall at the beginning of the season stupid diablo 3 players where saying Bot's would be the first to level up to 70 when infact it was human players that figured out how to level up quickly.

Your logic is essentially, "Lets take everything out of this game that was fun, cause bots which cause no real damage are the issue...". Its such a terrible logic that I am surprised you haven't 2nd guessed your thought process at all. The pro's that I could mention for trading would completely dwarf any real con that you would be able to mention against it. And by trade I do not mean the AH, i mean just regular player to player trading which is drastically different than an AH (both from the a social aspect and a gameplay aspect).

Finally the problem in D2 wasn't bots playing the game, its that it was hacked to kingdom ka and back with a large number of exploits, chat was also impossible to control resulting in SPAM. With D3 SPAM can be controlled, and it is not intrusive to gameplay whatsoever like it was in D2. So where exactly is the complaining coming from? Beyond make believe abuse that you seem to be afraid of.
Edited by ACPRO#1803 on 9/1/2014 1:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 01:46 PMPosted by ACPRO
Except what you said isn't true at all. Why would botting become useless just because trading isnt there? There is a huge active community for botting called Demon Buddy, Google it as I dont want to be banned for posting a bottling website. Blizzard also just had to do a massive bot ban wave, which also contradicts your point.

3rd party sites are selling botting services on a daily basis even now. However as this game has absolutely no real competitive features what so ever, how exactly does this negatively impact you in any way? As I recall at the beginning of the season stupid diablo 3 players where saying Bot's would be the first to level up to 70 when infact it was human players that figured out how to level up quickly.

Your logic is essentially, "Lets take everything out of this game that was fun, cause bots which cause no real damage are the issue...". Its such a terrible logic that I am surprised you haven't 2nd guessed your thought process at all. The pro's that I could mention for trading would completely dwarf any real con that you would be able to mention against it. And by trade I do not mean the AH, i mean just regular player to player trading which is drastically different than an AH (both from the a social aspect and a gameplay aspect).

Finally the problem in D2 wasn't bots playing the game, its that it was hacked to kingdom ka and back with a large number of exploits, chat was also impossible to control resulting in SPAM. With D3 SPAM can be controlled, and it is not intrusive to gameplay whatsoever like it was in D2. So where exactly is the complaining coming from? Beyond make believe abuse that you seem to be afraid of.

This guy gets it, I had high hopes that 2.1 would finally add in pvp and trading. Nope. Let down again. If they added trading and PvP into the game, i know tons of players would flock back to this game. Those elements were a major part of what made D2 so amazing.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 12:18 PMPosted by OMGBBQLOL
Console offers trading. Trading on PC is opening the door for dupes, hacks and bots. I agree. But there is a trade off. More legs drop for you aka more exciting. It's just not possible right now. I honestly think that they would if they could.

People seem to think that drop rate should be influenced by trading but it should not.
Diablo II had to worst drop rate of all time i think in my 10 years + of playing diablo II i only found 4-5 sojs.
But with trading in place it was easy to get the item you want and test new build.

''BOA'' need to go it does more bad then good without trading we have not much room left in our stash since we keep pretty much everything we find.
Reply Quote
Would be nice to see them implement some kind of Guild Bank. Or maybe change it so items are only bound after reforge.

Sucks right now that when a legendary drops while you're in party, you have 2 hours to trade it, but if you get an item from Kadala, while you're in the same party, its bound. Same with the cache, it's bound. No 2 hour window.

I'm sure we've had lots of nice items that we wouldn't use, even a few set pieces, Shame to melt everything.
Edited by Aaron#1543 on 9/1/2014 2:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So lemme get this staright...

You preffer crappy drop rate? Yes, trading = much lower drops

You preffer sit in chat for hours spamming Buy/Sell Msgs?

YOu want trading to every item you find is undervalued due to bots?

I personally dont, I rather play the game to find my own loot.
Reply Quote
View profile
Id rather not return to the dark days of D2.
Reply Quote
I'd settle for items not becoming BoA for like an hour so I can at least give away all the crap I find and will never use. Not really much I'm going to find on my DH that will be an improvement might as well give away the 10+ marauder sets I've just tossed on the ground and left the game.
Reply Quote
The game is much better with BoA.
Reply Quote
View profile
09/01/2014 02:33 PMPosted by Alex
YOu want trading to every item you find is undervalued due to bots?

I'd rather an item be under valued due to bots than zero value that we have now.
Reply Quote
98% of the players that support boa sucked at diablo 2.
Reply Quote
Trading was fine in D2 because certain low level items were still valuable to high level characters. I am thinking in particular of chipped gems as well as mid-level runes, although various unique items were also reasonably valuable, such as the Gull Dagger. The upshot was that low/mid level characters could "get in on the action" -- what they found as a natural result of playing low/mid level content saved high level characters time that they would rather spend farming big ticket items. And on and on it snow-balled.

I cannot think of any equivalent system in D3 as it stands now. Item stats are highly variable, so the chances of getting a good (i.e. trade-worthy) drop are already quite low. Low level items disenchant into low level materials, but unlike chipped gems that had utility, low level materials can only be used to make low level items. And low level items are completely worthless even to leveling characters because leveling to 70 is so fast.

In short: no. No, no, no. The systematic underpinnings are simply not there to warrant slogging back to bot-spam trade channels.
Edited by Dracul#1272 on 9/1/2014 3:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
BoA saved the day!

Cheaters and botters can go play something easier.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]