Diablo® III

So....t7+ please!

09/01/2014 02:31 PMPosted by DrunkTank
09/01/2014 02:21 PMPosted by Stormz

so we should faceroll t6 till next expansion? Now that sounds like a horrible situation.

09/01/2014 02:27 PMPosted by HomerSimpson
You could do Grifts...

Problem solved.

Content too easy? Go clear G.Rift 43. Lemme know how it goes.

Problem not solved...I agree GRifts are ideal for greater difficulty and for upgrading endgame gear and legendary gems but there is still a place for T7+ rifts. Primarily for group play and secondary for better loot. As everyone levels up legendary gems T6 is going to be a cakewalk and players will stop playing in groups and stick to soloing GRifts as I am doing now.
Reply Quote
Personally, the way blizzard has made this game, the true end game is...

ALL toons geared with relatively BiS gear doing Grifts at 30+. This doesn't even touch upon seasons and HC.

If you've done that, you've hit end game on normal softcore.

Otherwise, keep playing other classes/toons.

The build diversity that lacks in the game per class is probably because blizzard expects you to treat the entire game as one big class. The diversity comes from playing each class, not the end builds.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 01:32 PMPosted by DrunkTank
09/01/2014 01:19 PMPosted by Stormz
At this point 7+ would be appreciated.

You're season doc is still just a pup. Get in the top 1000 before the season ends then complain about the difficulty.

What does your hilarious post have to do with T7?
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 07:19 PMPosted by Phatty
Personally, the way blizzard has made this game, the true end game is...

ALL toons geared with relatively BiS gear doing Grifts at 30+. This doesn't even touch upon seasons and HC.

If you've done that, you've hit end game on normal softcore.

Otherwise, keep playing other classes/toons.

The build diversity that lacks in the game per class is probably because blizzard expects you to treat the entire game as one big class. The diversity comes from playing each class, not the end builds.

Couldn't agree more and that is pretty much how I'm playing it. I enjoy all of the classes although I do play some more than others. Therein for me lies the variety.
Reply Quote
Here's the reason why this is a bad idea. For diversity to actually be a thing, every build combination with enough synergy between items should be able to do T6 efficiently eventually. Most players want to take the build that they enjoy into the hardest difficulty and feel powerful. If you have T6 as the difficulty that requires 1-2 builds and gearsets be viable, everyone becomes a clone and it kills diversity of builds.

Blizzard release greater rifts for the cookie cutter clone elite, that all want to take the most OP sets possible and try and beat each other clone in the RNG GR game. That's cool, you have been catered to.

Now finally everyone can be happy, except for the people who want there flavorful build to beat out the perfectly theorycrafted elite clone top GR build. Can't please everyone i guess.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 02:31 PMPosted by DrunkTank
09/01/2014 02:21 PMPosted by Stormz

so we should faceroll t6 till next expansion? Now that sounds like a horrible situation.

09/01/2014 02:27 PMPosted by HomerSimpson
You could do Grifts...

Problem solved.

Content creep.

09/01/2014 07:19 PMPosted by Phatty

Amazing improvement over D2 /sarcasm.
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 04:08 PMPosted by UGotGanked

That's why they did Greater Rifts.

*scratches head*

Do you think PvP never, ever gets boring for anyone or something? I'm also not sure how PvP solves this problem for people who don't like PvP.

it would be better than more of the same that's for sure. maybe if some people were willing to change or at least try something before dismissing it, they'd learn what could really work out better in the long run.

Oh, I'd try PvP. I just don't see how it's a solution to this problem, and it certainly isn't a catch-all solution for everything the way you imply.

09/01/2014 04:44 PMPosted by Stormz

09/01/2014 04:36 PMPosted by METATRON
Keep that in greater rifts if you want the challenge and epeen status but don't pigeon hole players again in torment 6. Not everyone cares about competing and would rather just farm their own way.

So why can't i do bounties at t7+ difficulty? thats how I want to farm.

No, it isn't. You just want T7+ so you can feel special for doing it compared to the guys who can't do it. Well, you have Greater Rifts to do if you want that special feeling.

09/01/2014 07:11 PMPosted by Doajin1984
Problem solved.

Problem not solved...I agree GRifts are ideal for greater difficulty and for upgrading endgame gear and legendary gems but there is still a place for T7+ rifts. Primarily for group play and secondary for better loot. As everyone levels up legendary gems T6 is going to be a cakewalk and players will stop playing in groups and stick to soloing GRifts as I am doing now.

There's group play in Greater Rifts, and Torment levels have nothing to do with "better loot." More loot, perhaps, but T6 is fine in terms of drop rate. Now, if you want a better loot system, I'd be all for that, but again that has nothing to do with Torment levels.

I don't see why people would stick to soloing GRifts. Already groups are pushing higher GRift levels than solo players. Grouping is much more fun and entertaining than solo play - the current problem is that a few classes are so far behind that they don't get into GRift groups very often.
Reply Quote
View profile
I myself wouldn't mind having some more torment levels. I don't the fact that I have to level a GR key to the level I want to have it tested at then suffer through the whole rift if the idea wasn't the greatest. In regular rifts I can still mess around and perfect my build, having the option of increased difficulty would allow me to go in to GR fully prepared to the best of my ability.
Reply Quote
Remember monster power levels? We had 10. Then it was reduced to 6 Torment levels.

Back and forth, to and fro...
Reply Quote
09/02/2014 12:00 PMPosted by RunningFast
Remember monster power levels? We had 10. Then it was reduced to 6 Torment levels.

Back and forth, to and fro...

Doesn't matter, people would just be asking for Monster Power 11 instead.

09/02/2014 11:50 AMPosted by Blackglitch
I myself wouldn't mind having some more torment levels. I don't the fact that I have to level a GR key to the level I want to have it tested at then suffer through the whole rift if the idea wasn't the greatest. In regular rifts I can still mess around and perfect my build, having the option of increased difficulty would allow me to go in to GR fully prepared to the best of my ability.

Get better at the trials, and then you won't need to level the key through rifting.
Edited by Orrion#1999 on 9/2/2014 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Doing Grifts is not an option.

You can start a game and do T6 rift anytime. You cannot start a game and do Grift 40. You have to earn a keystone first which is a pain.

So I fully agree we should get T7+ ASAP
Reply Quote
09/01/2014 01:32 PMPosted by DrunkTank
You're season doc is still just a pup. Get in the top 1000 before the season ends then complain about the difficulty.

This, OP is just a kid in diapers and needs his mommy to wipe him clean.

Get in the top 1000 before the season ends then complain about the difficulty.
Reply Quote
09/02/2014 12:25 PMPosted by Dadel
Doing Grifts is not an option.

You can start a game and do T6 rift anytime. You cannot start a game and do Grift 40. You have to earn a keystone first which is a pain.

So I fully agree we should get T7+ ASAP

That doesn't sound like Greater Rifts aren't an option. It just sounds like you're lazy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]