Diablo® III

I got a goblin vault to spawn..then Poof its gone!

Finally, I got a goblin vault to spawn. I walk a few yards away to grab legendary and turn around and poof its gone? 5-6 seconds is all it stays open?
Seems like a timer would have been nice to let you know it is about to poof or perhaps i dunno..KEEP it OPEN for more than a few seconds...what was the thinking behind that blizzard? Let's make a fun new realm for players to explore if they get lucky and make it spawn and for sheer delight, let's not tell warn them it will close within a few seconds of spawning. It is either a really annoying bug or horrible design..wandering which is it?
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
Did you kill the second goblin.... or was your "portal" that one escaping.....?

/facepalm
Reply Quote
I'll break it down for ya real slow since you seem to be..
I kill goblin.
Door opens.
I grab legendary.
Door gone.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
The portals don't disappear permanently if you move away. They reappear once you close in on where it was before. I know this because I TP to town to switch to my GF gear for the Vault and go back and I can see the portal "rematerializing" as if it just spawned for the first time.
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up Tias.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
08/30/2014 08:26 PMPosted by Thorgrimn
real slow since you seem to be..

08/30/2014 08:41 PMPosted by TheTias
The portals don't disappear permanently if you move away.
Reply Quote
Sounds like what you saw was the portal the goblin used to escape. It vanishes pretty quick. The one that opens after you kill the goblin will still be there much later if you come back unless you remake the game.
Edited by mandros#1288 on 9/1/2014 10:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]